• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Please help, I need education

fair minded

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Please define some words for me.
My understanding of English seems to be below par.

Please define the word, "Insurrection". I thought one might need weapons to attempt one.

Please define the word, "Riot". I thought this required more than some fool sitting at some politician's desk.

Please define the word, "Terrorists". I thought terrorists attacked innocent civilians and blew up stuff with bombs and such.

Please define the word, "Insurrection". I thought one might need weapons to attempt one.

Please define the word, "Riot". I thought this required more than some fool sitting at some politician's desk.

Please define the word, "Terrorists". I thought terrorists attacked innocent civilians and blew up stuff with bombs and such.
You need a lot more remedial English than I feel like giving you for free.

Try google.

Try a community college or even a no-cost adult education program. Argument from ignorance is stupid. No one really wants to try to convince an idiot of anything. They're an idiot. They declare themselves idiots. And we're supposed to convince them of something? Nonsense. Idiots ask too much.

1651072802004.png

1651072843635.png

1651072886913.png

Have you considered a community college course?

Alternatively, there's this kind of book called a Dictionary that is sold at bookstores. You should consider investing in one.

People just can't come to terms with being part of an insurrection, a coup against democracy. They can't believe a politician convinced them to turn against the Constitution. That's what this comes down to. However involved a person may have been, perhaps merely a bystander miles from the violence, perhaps merely an organizer or supporter or donator. Perhaps an Oath Keeper who couldn't make the trip.

One thing we know is someone still apologizing for Jan 6 had something to do with it and they're apologizing for themselves. We know that.

Join the millions of born and raised Americans whose English seems to be below par.
Weapons are not required to engage in an attempted insurrection for it to be defined as an insurrection. It is the act that defines the word.
A riot encompasses the acts of multiple fools aka rioters in the act of disturbing the peace, which certainly would include numbers of folks unlawfully entering the Speaker's office at the Capitol and one of them foolishly and criminally but proudly sitting in her office chair and ransacking her desk and stealing her possesions.
Terrorism does not require blowing stuff up with bombs, including people, for it to be considered terrorism or an act of terrorism by terrorists. Civilians were attacked on January 6th, 2021 in our Nation's Capitol by folks behaving in terroristic manners with the intent to terrorize members of Congress, Congressional Staff and Capitol police.

Here below are your Dictionary definitions.

You will find that the acts committed on January 6th, 2021 in our Nations Capitol can have these definitions appropriately applied upon many of them.
Merriam Webster Source

Definition of insurrection

: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

Definition of riot
1a: a violent public disorder specifically : a tumultuous disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled together and acting with a common intent
b: public violence, tumult, or disorder

Definition of terrorist
plural terrorists
: an advocate or practitioner of terrorism as a means of coercion
terrorist
adjective

: or, relating to, or characteristic of terrorists or terrorism : practicing or involving violent acts of terror
Definition of terrorism
: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

Fair minded:

Insurrection - A violent uprising by a segment of the population against a controlling power (the state or a military occupying power). Weapons are not needed for a group to be deemed violent.
Riot - A violent disturbance of the peace or a civil upheaval by crowds which threatens a public space or public order.
Terrorist - People or non-government organisations which you the tactics of terrorism to effect political change.

Terrorism - the use of violent force against civillian populations by non-state actors to incite terror and to effect political change in a society through the application of that terror. If states do this, then that it is called "state-terrorism" or "war", depending on the mechanisms and nuances of how the terror is achieved.

Please remember that these definitions vary from country to country, especially the legal definitions of these terms. I hope these generic definitions help you.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Your English seems to be quite good, so I assume this to be a bait thread.

I'd be happy if you just put commas in the right places.

Why am I predicting that his forum name is misdirection?

OK, I think I got it now.

If actions ten or twenty times more destructive were committed by leftists, that would be a "Peaceful demonstration?"

Actions in which property is destroyed by fire, and people are beaten up and shot,, are peaceful demonstrations if committed by leftists.

January 6 was nowhere near as violent as a typical day in my old Junior High School. (Or a typical day in most big-city public high schools today.)

What Hunter Biden and his dad did would be a big deal if it was done by Trump and his son.

The only way Russia, China, North Korea, and Iran can get away with this stuff is to own the Major Media. (Just like here.)

And to be fair, most talk radio shows are just as prejudiced and they cover up for their guys just as much as the major media covers up for the leftists.

Back
Top Bottom