• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Please explain to me why Trump is horrible....

enderpotato00

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I get it all the time that Trump is horrible and will ruin America. Can you please explain why? Actual answers, not talking points please.

I get it all the time that Trump is horrible and will ruin America. Can you please explain why? Actual answers, not talking points please.

Legitimately?

This whole trade war maybe, though it hasn't gone on long enough for us to see just how it's going to turn out. I am loving these gas prices to be honest. I don't see any actual reasons to believe that he is ruining the country, not even the roll backs on the environmental standards that were brought up.

I only have maybe one or two policies that I don't' really agree on. But it's nothing serious enough to actually voice my opinion on.

It's very hard to take anyone with an avatar or signature like yours seriously.

Thats not an actual answer, give me an actual reason, so I may understand better.

Just asking that question, you opened up yourself fro plenty of Trolls to come in and spew to their (shriveled) hearts content.

Above all else, Trump is horrible because he's a liar who lies so often and about so many things, great and small, that his word cannot be relied upon.

Above all else, Trump is horrible because he's a liar who lies so often and about so many things, great and small, that his word cannot be relied upon.

But doesn't every politician compulsively lie? I'm not saying Trump doesn't lie, but how is he any different?

Trump is a very effective president for the GOP, as his antics gather a lot of attention and take attention away from policies the GOP puts in place that would not withstand public scrutiny. That's the good side, tho I don't think it so as a liberal.

His ""horribleness" has two aspects, the personal and the political. On the personal side, he called Mexican migrants "rapists," offering no proof, he has insulted women's looks, he is a shameless narcissist and an extraordinary liar about things big and small. He said a judge (Curiel) could not do do his job because he was of Mexican descent, something Paul Ryan called textbook racism. He spread false info on black on white homicide. When the Central Park Five were exonerated by DNA and successfully sued after a cumulative total of 40 years in jail, he didn't have the decency to apologize for his lynch-mob like ads he placed in NY papers calling for the death penalty for them.

On the political side, a scattered list from my scattered memory: he appointed Betsy DeVos as Sec of Education... Never a teacher, a principle, a school administrator. He violated US and treaty law with the way he treated migrants from Honduras fleeing drug gangs, never mentioning why they may have fled, and falsely saying their were "Middle Easterners" among them, readily admitting he had no proof of that, but no doubt said to increase people's fears. He came to office with significant support from white working class people, yet his administration eliminated the requirement that US officials consider deaths and injuries on the job when awarding government contracts. His administration legalized a pesticide that causes birth defects. He claimed that the world was laughing at the US, but his first words to the UN were this past fall were greeted with scornful laughter from the world's representatives. His comment on a major climate report by his own administration was, "I don't believe it." He said he would eliminate the deficit and debt, but this year's deficit may set a record. He has expressed admiration for the murderous tactics of Iraq's Saddam Hussein and the Philippines Duterte, as well as other dictators, while attacking democratic allies. His attacks on the press as "enemies of the people" quotes one of the great mass murderers in history, Stalin, and have been taken up by others.

That should do for a start.

But doesn't every politician compulsively lie? I'm not saying Trump doesn't lie, but how is he any different?

If you don't know by now, you've not been paying attention....And if you've not been paying attention, there's no point in my engaging with you on the topic. Perhaps others will forbear such a conversation partner; I won't.

Trump is a very effective president for the GOP, as his antics gather a lot of attention and take attention away from policies the GOP puts in place that would not withstand public scrutiny. That's the good side, tho I don't think it so as a liberal.

His ""horribleness" has two aspects, the personal and the political. On the personal side, he called Mexican migrants "rapists," offering no proof, he has insulted women's looks, he is a shameless narcissist and an extraordinary liar about things big and small. He said a judge (Curiel) could not do do his job because he was of Mexican descent, something Paul Ryan called textbook racism. He spread false info on black on white homicide. When the Central Park Five were exonerated by DNA and successfully sued after a cumulative total of 40 years in jail, he didn't have the decency to apologize for his lynch-mob like ads he placed in NY papers calling for the death penalty for them.

On the political side, a scattered list from my scattered memory: he appointed Betsy DeVos as Sec of Education... Never a teacher, a principle, a school administrator. He violated US and treaty law with the way he treated migrants from Honduras fleeing drug gangs, never mentioning why they may have fled, and falsely saying their were "Middle Easterners" among them, readily admitting he had no proof of that, but no doubt said to increase people's fears. He came to office with significant support from white working class people, yet his administration eliminated the requirement that US officials consider deaths and injuries on the job when awarding government contracts. His administration legalized a pesticide that causes birth defects. He claimed that the world was laughing at the US, but his first words to the UN were this past fall were greeted with scornful laughter from the world's representatives. His comment on a major climate report by his own administration was, "I don't believe it." He said he would eliminate the deficit and debt, but this year's deficit may set a record. He has expressed admiration for the murderous tactics of Iraq's Saddam Hussein and the Philippines Duterte, as well as other dictators, while attacking democratic allies. His attacks on the press as "enemies of the people" quotes one of the great mass murderers in history, Stalin, and have been taken up by others.

Thank you for that good comment. I'm serious, thank you for actually stating a reason. But I pose one question: Do you really think Trump really means what he says? I personally think, he's more trolling people. I seriously doubt he believes all that. But again thats just my opinion.

Plus Trump has only said that stuff. Its not like he's acted like it.

Last edited:
If you don't know by now, you've not been paying attention....And if you've not been paying attention, there's no point in my engaging with you on the topic. Perhaps others will forbear such a conversation partner; I won't.

How have I not been paying attention? See there's no explanation, its always straight to an answer like "you don't pay attention". I need some sort of an idea, to understand and maybe changing my mind.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Yeah really, this is maybe the fifth "Why is Trump so horrible?" thread he has posted in the last three months.
Okay, maybe the last six months, it only seems like he posts another one every week.

And then thirty or forty people list the reasons, and he just says "TDS" or "tl;dr" or, "that's just your opinion" or "fake nooz" or "Whatabout Obama?".

Trump's GREAT, dude...he is AWESOME.

Yeah really, this is maybe the fifth "Why is Trump so horrible?" thread he has posted in the last three months.
Okay, maybe the last six months, it only seems like he posts another one every week.

And then thirty or forty people list the reasons, and he just says "TDS" or "tl;dr" or, "that's just your opinion" or "fake nooz" or "Whatabout Obama?".

Trump's GREAT, dude...he is AWESOME.

When have I made a thread saying "that why is Trump horrible?" besides this one? Plus I have never said "TDS", or "Fake News", or "tl:dr". You're making that up.

NO. Not every politician lies, and certainly not on the level of Trump.

How have I not been paying attention? See there's no explanation, its always straight to an answer like "you don't pay attention". I need some sort of an idea, to understand and maybe changing my mind.

1. He's an utter embarrassment on the world stage
2. His trade war that he's been dying to start will be horrific for the American worker
3. He's utterly unstable
4. He doesn't know anything and is apparently unwilling to learn anything
5. He's apparently OK cozying up to awful right-wing dictators and authoritarian governments that we SHOULD, by principle, be opposed to
6. He is under federal investigation yet insists on using Twitter to coerce witnesses not to testify against him; he basically obstructs justice every day

Do I have to go on? You want to know why Trump is so bad? It's because he's a belligerent, self-absorbed dickhead who was elected by idiots and represents them daily. Any good that has come from his presidency has occured despite him, not because of him. He's the worst America has to offer, and the shitkickers made him the goddamned President because half of America is a bunch of worthless, rock-stupid troglodytes.

Good enough, junior?

When have I made a thread saying "that why is Trump horrible?" besides this one? Plus I have never said "TDS", or "Fake News", or "tl:dr". You're making that up.

You might actually be right, I might have you confused with Bucky.
Wonder why... :roll:

Alright, aside from some misrepresentations. Much like what he has stated about illegal immigrants and his appointment of DeVos to secretary of education.

I think you may actually need to supply some citations fro several of the things you've tried pointing out. Though you can just leave what his opinion is out of the citation, as it's not necessary at this point.

2. His trade war that he's been dying to start will be horrific for the American worker
3. He's utterly unstable
5. He's apparently OK cozying up to awful right-wing dictators and authoritarian governments that we SHOULD, by principle, be opposed to
6. He is under federal investigation yet insists on using Twitter to coerce witnesses not to testify against him; he basically obstructs justice every day

Do I have to go on? You want to know why Trump is so bad? It's because he's a belligerent, self-absorbed dickhead who was elected by idiots and represents them daily. Any good that has come from his presidency has occured despite him, not because of him. He's the worst America has to offer, and the shitkickers made him the goddamned President because half of America is a bunch of worthless, rock-stupid troglodytes.

Good enough, junior?

Thank you for sharing your opinion at least.

Just let him run away. That's all that most of them are good for at this point anyway.

Yes, most politicians do lie, but Trump lies about pretty much everything, even when he has absolutely no interest or need to lie, and it becomes impossible to know when he's telling the truth in any matter.

What makes him bad for America is almost too long of a list to put into words.

He's way in over his head as president. The man has no idea what he's doing and constantly makes a fool out of himself on the world stage, which is doing what might be irreparable damage to the US's image.

From slobbering all over mass murders, to believing he can pull media outlets he doesn't like off the air, the man is an authoritarian buffoon, who has no business with the power he has, and it's frankly making a mockery out of our whole system.

3. He's utterly unstable

Good enough, junior?
That's another thing, the guy can barely go a day without freaking out hysterically out Twitter about something.

I wish Twitter had banned him early in the campaign and I still wish they would.

Back
Top Bottom