• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Please explain to me why Trump is horrible....

How have I not been paying attention? See there's no explanation, its always straight to an answer like "you don't pay attention". I need some sort of an idea, to understand and maybe changing my mind.

That will never happen.

Yes, most politicians do lie, but Trump lies about pretty much everything, even when he has absolutely no interest or need to lie, and it becomes impossible to know when he's telling the truth in any matter.

What makes him bad for America is almost too long of a list to put into words.

He's way in over his head as president. The man has no idea what he's doing and constantly makes a fool out of himself on the world stage, which is doing what might be irreparable damage to the US's image.

From slobbering all over mass murders, to believing he can pull media outlets he doesn't like off the air, the man is an authoritarian buffoon, who has no business with the power he has, and it's frankly making a mockery out of our whole system.

Yeah, could we get a citation on this and then you can at least check to make sure that recent presidents haven't done as such either. Because I don't really want to point out how Bill, Bush, or Obama did that as well this time around.

Thank you for that good comment. I'm serious, thank you for actually stating a reason. But I pose one question: Do you really think Trump really means what he says? I personally think, he's more trolling people. I seriously doubt he believes all that. But again thats just my opinion.

Plus Trump has only said that stuff. Its not like he's acted like it.

You are right, I agree that Trump enjoys being outrageous, as it drives liberals like me crazy. :) It also had him stand out from a crowded field of candidates. His act, as noted by me elsewhere, is a combination of Mussolini and Foghorn Leghorn, comically unaware of himself, but with a fascist-like style. Fortunately there are sane republicans around.

I get it all the time that Trump is horrible and will ruin America. Can you please explain why? Actual answers, not talking points please.

It isnt really that hard: Trump is a liar, has no integrity, Does not respect the office that he holds, Is not educated enough to do the job, lacks any ability to properly represent the country, He is a weak leader, Says crap that is bad for America's reputation, He is a conspiracy theorist that believes all kinds of crap from crappy websites, tv, and radio, he thinks it is ok to kill reporters, has no real respect for women and many other groups of Americans, he was stupid enough to believe Kim, he was stupid enough to believe Putin, has done nothing at all about Russia interfering in our politics, social media.

There is actually more but if you need to ask the question then your bias is a danger, and you should take a cold hard look at those who have gave you that bias.

You are right, I agree that Trump enjoys being outrageous, as it drives liberals like me crazy. :) It also had him stand out from a crowded field of candidates. His act, as noted by me elsewhere, is a combination of Mussolini and Foghorn Leghorn, comically unaware of himself, but with a fascist-like style. Fortunately there are sane republicans around.

Care to point out what makes Trump fascistic?

It isnt really that hard: Trump is a liar, has no integrity, Does not respect the office that he holds, Is not educated enough to do the job, lacks any ability to properly represent the country, He is a weak leader, Says crap that is bad for America's reputation, He is a conspiracy theorist that believes all kinds of crap from crappy websites, tv, and radio, he thinks it is ok to kill reporters, has no real respect for women and many other groups of Americans, he was stupid enough to believe Kim, he was stupid enough to believe Putin, has done nothing at all about Russia interfering in our politics, social media.

There is actually more but if you need to ask the question then your bias is a danger, and you should take a cold hard look at those who have gave you that bias.

You just described our last four presidents, almost dead on with that.

I get it all the time that Trump is horrible and will ruin America. Can you please explain why? Actual answers, not talking points please.

There isn't enough room in a single post to cover it all. This would have to be broken down into category, such as his bad socioeconomic domestic policies, poor and contradictory international policies, and shameful personal behavior.

Thanks for asking. I often wonder how these posters justify all this hyperbolic outrage. Nothing so far unexpected, mostly opposition talking points with the expected few expressing their genuine dislike for his policy positions and/or personality/boorishness salesmen-ship.

I certainly can respect all that. What really gets me though is this constant insistence to make jabs like only “idiots” “racists” etc elected or support him.

If you can’t honestly see how intelligent patriotic Americans can vote for even your most ardent political opponent your desperately in need of getting off whatever your own brand of political propaganda.

Politics is a messy game no doubt. Heck both this round we had candidates accused of being blatant criminals - even then though, could our own lifes take the intense scrutiny of a modren presidential campaign without suspicion? Unlikely.

Hillary offered a certain stability.
Trump a certain F-U to the system.

Smart patriotic people make different decisions and the truth is no one really knows what is right. I love the passion, strong opinion - why I am here. I worry a lot though how common and zealous the dismissing of neighbors we are on politics alone - one step closer to Civil War and True Evil/Tyranny.

Thank you for that good comment. I'm serious, thank you for actually stating a reason. But I pose one question: Do you really think Trump really means what he says? I personally think, he's more trolling people. I seriously doubt he believes all that. But again thats just my opinion.

Plus Trump has only said that stuff. Its not like he's acted like it.

You think a President that goes on Twitter to troll people is a good thing? You think that's behaviour a President should partake in?

Trump is a very effective president for the GOP, as his antics gather a lot of attention and take attention away from policies the GOP puts in place that would not withstand public scrutiny. That's the good side, tho I don't think it so as a liberal.

His ""horribleness" has two aspects, the personal and the political. On the personal side, he called Mexican migrants "rapists," offering no proof, he has insulted women's looks, he is a shameless narcissist and an extraordinary liar about things big and small. He said a judge (Curiel) could not do do his job because he was of Mexican descent, something Paul Ryan called textbook racism. He spread false info on black on white homicide. When the Central Park Five were exonerated by DNA and successfully sued after a cumulative total of 40 years in jail, he didn't have the decency to apologize for his lynch-mob like ads he placed in NY papers calling for the death penalty for them.

On the political side, a scattered list from my scattered memory: he appointed Betsy DeVos as Sec of Education... Never a teacher, a principle, a school administrator. He violated US and treaty law with the way he treated migrants from Honduras fleeing drug gangs, never mentioning why they may have fled, and falsely saying their were "Middle Easterners" among them, readily admitting he had no proof of that, but no doubt said to increase people's fears. He came to office with significant support from white working class people, yet his administration eliminated the requirement that US officials consider deaths and injuries on the job when awarding government contracts. His administration legalized a pesticide that causes birth defects. He claimed that the world was laughing at the US, but his first words to the UN were this past fall were greeted with scornful laughter from the world's representatives. His comment on a major climate report by his own administration was, "I don't believe it." He said he would eliminate the deficit and debt, but this year's deficit may set a record. He has expressed admiration for the murderous tactics of Iraq's Saddam Hussein and the Philippines Duterte, as well as other dictators, while attacking democratic allies. His attacks on the press as "enemies of the people" quotes one of the great mass murderers in history, Stalin, and have been taken up by others.

That should do for a start.

This is a good start. I would also add his dangerous dismissal of the unanimous consensus of every single scientific organization on the entire planet on global warming, calling it a “Chinese hoax” instead, because that’s what his gut tells him.

His Trump U scam was another reflection of his character. His refusal to release his tax returns like every other presidential candidate before him also raises serious questions.

The fact that he has the vocabulary, sophistication, and foul mouth of a 5th grade schoolyard bully is rather alarming for someone holding the office of the presidency of the United States of America.

His incessant attacks, vilification, undermining of the media, the judicial branch, law enforcement, FBI, and other democratic institutions have also been quite unnerving.

His attacks on our traditional allies and breaking of agreements, especially in the west, have ruined our reputation not as just leaders of the free world, but even as a country whose word means anything anymore. No one will have any trust in our word or our integrity, long after Trump himself is gone. We are no longer the force for long term visions of world stability, justice, and prosperity. We are now just another petty, selfish banana republic where everyone is out for personal, selfish gain, at everyone else’s expense if need be.

Thanks for asking. I often wonder how these posters justify all this hyperbolic outrage. Nothing so far unexpected, mostly opposition talking points with the expected few expressing their genuine dislike for his policy positions and/or personality/boorishness salesmen-ship.

I certainly can respect all that. What really gets me though is this constant insistence to make jabs like only “idiots” “racists” etc elected or support him.

If you can’t honestly see how intelligent patriotic Americans can vote for even your most ardent political opponent your desperately in need of getting off whatever your own brand of political propaganda.

Politics is a messy game no doubt. Heck both this round we had candidates accused of being blatant criminals - even then though, could our own lifes take the intense scrutiny of a modren presidential campaign without suspicion? Unlikely.

Hillary offered a certain stability.
Trump a certain F-U to the system.

Smart patriotic people make different decisions and the truth is no one really knows what is right. I love the passion, strong opinion - why I am here. I worry a lot though how common and zealous the dismissing of neighbors we are on politics alone - one step closer to Civil War and True Evil/Tyranny.

Most alarming since Trump’s appearance on the political stage has been the general coarsening and boorishness of culture and discourse, loss of sophistication and class, of emphasis on education and erudition, prudence and wisdom, of loss of values of long term visions of justice and stability in the world, and instead being just one more petty, transactional player on the world stage. It is nostalgic to watch the old Kennedy-Nixon debates. Were they both angels? No, of course not. But man could they speak! They were prepared, well-read, informed and sophisticated about the issues. Their rhetoric and vision, both of them, was elevated and inspiring. They appealed to our higher natures, and made us want to reach higher.

Now when I listen to our politicians, I feel like I am in a 5th grade schoolyard in a bad part of town. We are better than this.

Legitimately?

This whole trade war maybe, though it hasn't gone on long enough for us to see just how it's going to turn out. I am loving these gas prices to be honest. I don't see any actual reasons to believe that he is ruining the country, not even the roll backs on the environmental standards that were brought up.

I only have maybe one or two policies that I don't' really agree on. But it's nothing serious enough to actually voice my opinion on.

The trade war is one of the best things about Trump o_O

You have any idea how horrible China is?

Oh yes, I know just how bad China is. My speculation is about the long run with this trade war and just how it will turn out for us. Nothing more at this point for now.

Oh yes, I know just how bad China is. My speculation is about the long run with this trade war and just how it will turn out for us. Nothing more at this point for now.

1. He's an utter embarrassment on the world stage
2. His trade war that he's been dying to start will be horrific for the American worker
3. He's utterly unstable
4. He doesn't know anything and is apparently unwilling to learn anything
5. He's apparently OK cozying up to awful right-wing dictators and authoritarian governments that we SHOULD, by principle, be opposed to
6. He is under federal investigation yet insists on using Twitter to coerce witnesses not to testify against him; he basically obstructs justice every day

Do I have to go on? You want to know why Trump is so bad? It's because he's a belligerent, self-absorbed dickhead who was elected by idiots and represents them daily. Any good that has come from his presidency has occured despite him, not because of him. He's the worst America has to offer, and the shitkickers made him the goddamned President because half of America is a bunch of worthless, rock-stupid troglodytes.

Good enough, junior?

So... that's a list of reasons why Trump is embarrassing (and, he is), and why he was a bad choice for President (and, he was), but only the Tariff thing is actually damaging for the country.

It’s rather self-evident, Cuz.

Yes, most politicians do lie, but Trump lies about pretty much everything, even when he has absolutely no interest or need to lie, and it becomes impossible to know when he's telling the truth in any matter.

What makes him bad for America is almost too long of a list to put into words.

He's way in over his head as president. The man has no idea what he's doing and constantly makes a fool out of himself on the world stage, which is doing what might be irreparable damage to the US's image.

From slobbering all over mass murders, to believing he can pull media outlets he doesn't like off the air, the man is an authoritarian buffoon, who has no business with the power he has, and it's frankly making a mockery out of our whole system.

Serious question. Why does optics matter so much to people? Why do people care what people in other countries think about him? I agree with you on the optics side, but I'm usually one to say I don't give a crap what other people think. I care more about actual policies and what someone does that affects me and my family and what might help the citizens of THIS country.

I've seen posts (not just yours) that seem to be outraged over what he says, rather than his actions. And not his past actions in his personal life or stupid things he says, but actions as in government. As a person, the guy sucks big time, I get that. What I don't get is 99% of the threads is hatred over something he 'says' or his PAST personal life, or because of how he appears.

Serious question. Why does optics matter so much to people? Why do people care what people in other countries think about him? I agree with you on the optics side, but I'm usually one to say I don't give a crap what other people think. I care more about actual policies and what someone does that affects me and my family and what might help the citizens of THIS country.

I've seen posts (not just yours) that seem to be outraged over what he says, rather than his actions. And not his past actions in his personal life or stupid things he says, but actions as in government. As a person, the guy sucks big time, I get that. What I don't get is 99% of the threads is hatred over something he 'says' or his PAST personal life, or because of how he appears.
Optics is everything on the world stage. When a president looks like a weak, petty, incompetent man, who's heart can be found via flattery, that's how the world is going to not only see that leader, but also it's entire populace going forward.

And it's not just the optics either. If you want to talk about policy he's an absolute train-wreck there, as well in his overall abilities as a leader. His whole administration has been a dumpster fire - there's really no other way to say it.

Most alarming since Trump’s appearance on the political stage has been the general coarsening and boorishness of culture and discourse, loss of sophistication and class, of emphasis on education and erudition, prudence and wisdom, of loss of values of long term visions of justice and stability in the world, and instead being just one more petty, transactional player on the world stage. It is nostalgic to watch the old Kennedy-Nixon debates. Were they both angels? No, of course not. But man could they speak! They were prepared, well-read, informed and sophisticated about the issues. Their rhetoric and vision, both of them, was elevated and inspiring. They appealed to our higher natures, and made us want to reach higher.

Now when I listen to our politicians, I feel like I am in a 5th grade schoolyard in a bad part of town. We are better than this.

Well said. I think of Bobby Kennedy's famous impromptu speech in Indiana informing a largely black crowd of the killing Martin Luther King and contrast that with almost anything from Trump - its like comparing the finest silk to used toilet tissue.

So... that's a list of reasons why Trump is embarrassing (and, he is), and why he was a bad choice for President (and, he was), but only the Tariff thing is actually damaging for the country.

If we can reverse the damage China has been doing to this country, the future of the global economy will brighten considerably.

The arrest and possible extradition of the Huawei CEO is a huge deal.

I think the poisoning of decades-old alliances is a net negative.

He is attacking and undermining the very institutions that form our gov't, questioning they're validity and purposefully running counter-narratives to their conclusions, often times supporter a hostile foreign adversary over our own IC, for example.

He's personally profiting from holding the office, thusly setting the precedent of monentizing the presidency rather than actually running the country.

His cabinet and appointees are likely the most corrupt in history.

Shall I go on?

Above all else, Trump is horrible because he's a liar who lies so often and about so many things, great and small, that his word cannot be relied upon.

OP asked for actual things, not taking points, you saying he lies is your opinion because you only know what the MSM tells you, so maybe try again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't know by now, you've not been paying attention....And if you've not been paying attention, there's no point in my engaging with you on the topic. Perhaps others will forbear such a conversation partner; I won't.

Booming economy, other countries paying their way, prison reform, fair trade deals, more people working, less people on food assistance, I can see why you couldn’t give anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom