• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Please come to Chicago

freedom69714

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
As a Child growing up in 60's it was a pretty remarkable time our music told a stories :hm of our time and to MOST people it was just music however to other WE LIVE BRAETHED EAT AND SLEEPT IT

SPELL CHECK

And as the words to the song chicago said WE COULD CHANGE THE WORLD AND REARNGE THE WORLD INSIDE OF YOU

p.s I wish I could remember this song perfectly WORD BY WORD however I'm 53 year old and the POT, HASH ,MUSHROOMS ,LSD has taken it's tole

SPELL CHECK

However when I really look back we did make a differace after JOHN KENEDY DIED in 1963
We rewrote all CIVIL RIGHTS LAWS.

Can anyone of you believe today that in 1964 a BLACK MAN / WOMAN could not sit at a lunch counter is the SOUTH or sit in FRONT OF A BUS, or go to SCHOOL with their WHITE BROTHERS AND SISTERS ,

CAN you believe the ONE OF THE WORLD GREATEST ENTERTANERS

SPELL CHECK

Sammy Davis JR could not walk though the front DOOR of the CLUBS he would be ASKED / BEGED :confused: :naughty :mad: to sing at .
He could not eat at any resturant !!!!
But they loved to have him come back time after time to entertane their GUESS

SPELL CHECK
We lost 58000 of our BRAVEST MEN / WOMAN with 100,000's more can home wounded befpre we were abel to stop this il'leagel and UNJUST WAR

We made great STRIEDS in WOMAN RIGHTS !!

I'm not sure what happen to put a stop to all of this .

I think may be we JUST MOVED TO fast to SOON for MOST AMERICAN'S to keep up and so we HIT A WALL ??? I'm really not sure at all WHAT HAPPENED

POWER TO THE PEOPLE
FREEDOM 69

First of all, Spell check is available in the initial posting or replying. When you go back and edit - spell check is unavailable.

I'm not sure what happen to put a stop to all of this .

Why do you think the civil rights movement has stopped?

I think The Blues Brothers would make people want to come to Chicago more than Crosby, Stills, & Nash.

Sweet Home Chicago

Come on, oh baba don't you want to go
Oh come on, oh baba don't you want to go
Back to that same old place
Sweet home Chicago

(( Come on, baba don't you want to go ))
(( Hida-hey, baba don't you want to go ))
(( Back to that same old place ))
(( Oh sweet home Chicago ))

Well one and one is two
Six and two is eight
Come on baba don't you make me late

(( Sweet home Chicago ))

(( Oh come on, baba don't you want to go ))
(( Sweet home Chicago ))

Six and three is nine
Nine and nine is eighteen
Look there brother baby and you'll see what I've seen

(( Sweet home Chicago ))

(( Oh come on, baba don't you want to go-oh-ooh ))
(( My sweet home Chicago ))

Oh how I miss it sometimes. :cool:

Wow Batman Did You Miss The Point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As A I Said Some People Just Heard The Words !!

As Others Lived The Words

As Others Breath The Words

As Other Eat The Words

We Carried These Word In Our Hearts, In Our Souls, In Our Minds,

your Just To Young !!!!!!!!! As President Reagean Said To Walter Mondale ???? 1980 I Will Not Hold Your Age Againest You!!

sorry You Just Do Not Understand

Freedom69 said:
Wow Batman Did You Miss The Point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a mind reader.

Throw some more details out there... I "think" I know where you are going with this, but just not sure.

Freedom69 said:

Not a mind reader either. But Sweet Home Chicago is still a great song. :D

Your not a mind reader ????????????????????????????????????????????

I guess this is the peoblem if I'm talking to people OF my GENERATION I would have to say only 1/20 of what i said and WE would understand !!

It Goes witout SAYING

Freedom69 said:
Your not a mind reader ????????????????????????????????????????????

I guess this is the peoblem if I'm talking to people OF my GENERATION I would have to say only 1/20 of what i said and WE would understand !!

It Goes witout SAYING

Probably with all the weed, LSD, etc... that you said y'all smoked 1/20 is all that people of your generation COULD understand. (lol)

For the rest of us with multiple brain cells, maybe you can explain it to us.

I was just in Chicago for Valentine's day. Had a swell time. We ate at a great Polish restaurant (Lutnia's) saw an awesome live band (Poi Dog Pondering), and stayed in a very pleasant hotel (Le Meredien).

(I figured I'd tie in something about Chicago into this odd thread since there wasn't much in the original post...)

Back
Top Bottom