• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Please Boycott the following liberal rock bands

scottyz said:
Here is a list of musicians / bands that have been on record as holding liberal views, anti-war sentiment, or other traitorous activities. Boycott their music, whether or not they are currently making CDs; don't allow them or their record companies to collect royalities. Please only purchase music from patriotic conservative musicians like Toby Keith, Jessica Simpson, Brooks and Dunn, Ted Nugent, Britney Spears, Lee Greenwood, and Pat Boone. Compiled by AmericanConservative.com and ConservativesForFreedom.org.

Alice in Chains
Audioslave (lead singer Chris Cornell head of left-wing non-profit organization "Axis of Justice")
Babes in Toyland
Joan Baez
Beastie Boys
The Beatles
Harry Belafonte (once referred to Colin Powell and Conid Rice as "house slaves")
Tony Bennett
Bikini Kill
Bjork
Black Crowes
Black Flag
Mary J. Blige
Blink 182
Blur
Jeff Buckley
David Byrne
Johhny Cash (protested the Vietnam war and active in liberal causes)
Roseanne Cash
Coldplay
Judy Collins
Cowboy Junkies
The Cranberries
Sheryl Crowe
Dave Matthews Band
Dead Kennedys
Dixie Chicks
Neil Diamond
Bob Dylan
The Eagles
Melissa Etheridge
Everclear
Everlast
Faith No More
Filter
Fishbone
Foo Fighters (formerly Nirvana, recent 2005 album "In Your Honor" dedicated to John "Hanoi" Kerry)
Stone Fox
Fugazi
Peter Gabriel
Garbage
Steve Gatlin (Gatlin Brothers)
Godsmack
Green Day
Arlo Guthrie
Deborah Harry
Juliana Hatfield
Sophie B. Hawkins
Helmet
Hole
Indigo Girls
Janes Addiction
Joan Jett
Jewell
L7
Lead Zeppelin
Letters to Cleo
Limp Biscuit
Living Colour
Luscious Jackson
Massive Attack
Madonna (Louise Ciccone)
Marroon 5
John Mayer
Mekons
Wynton Marsalis
Sarah McLaughlin
Ethyl Meatplow
Natalie Merchant
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Mudhoney
NOFX
Graham Nash
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana (following the suicide death of the band's lead singer the group has worked under the name "Foo Fighters")
No Doubt
Oasis
The Offspring
Sinead O'Connor
Joan Osbourne
Pavement
Pearl Jam
Liz Phair
Phish
Kate Pierson (B-52s)
Iggy Pop
Posum Dixon
Presidents of the United States of America
Primus
Public Enemy
Queens of the Stone Age
Radiohead
R.E.M.
Rage Against the Machine
Rancid
Lou Rawls
Redd Kross
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Henry Rollins
Rolling Stones (upcoming single "My Sweet Neocon" is shockingly anti-Bush)
Linda Ronstadt
Screaming Trees
Peter Seeger
Peter, Paul and Mary
Seven Year B*tch
Sixpence None The Richer
Smashing Pumpkins
Sonic Youth
Soul Asylum
Soundgarden
Bruce Sprinsteen
Stone Temple Pilots
Paul Stookey (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Barbra Streisand
The Strokes
Sugar
Superchunk
Matthew Sweet
System of the Down
James Taylor
10,000 Maniacs
That Dog
Tool
U2
Suzanne Vega
Velvet Revolver
Veruca Salt
Tom Waits
Weezer
White Stripes
X
Yo La Tengo
Neil Young

Thank you for posting proof that "Conservative" music sucks. :spin:

sissy-boy said:
I don't 'get it'...

What is funny??

Have you heard the foo fighters? Their music sounds like crappy watered down nirvana.

RightatNYU said:
Have you heard the foo fighters? Their music sounds like crappy watered down nirvana.

They don't sound anything like Nirvana,your just saying that cos Dave Grohl heads the band.Nirvana were all dark and depressing and the Foos are generally quite upbeat.
However Dave Grohl should stick to drumming,he's a brilliant drummer and I feel his talent is wasted,he was awesome on that track he did with QOTSA.

Androvski said:
They don't sound anything like Nirvana,your just saying that cos Dave Grohl heads the band.Nirvana were all dark and depressing and the Foos are generally quite upbeat.
However Dave Grohl should stick to drumming,he's a brilliant drummer and I feel his talent is wasted,he was awesome on that track he did with QOTSA.

Actually, I didn't know Dave Grohl headed Foo Fighters. But the blatant rip-offs of early 90's garage band style, edited to make it more poppy for the 2000 crew of the Foo Fighters sucked then and sucks now.

RightatNYU said:
Actually, I didn't know Dave Grohl headed Foo Fighters. But the blatant rip-offs of early 90's garage band style, edited to make it more poppy for the 2000 crew of the Foo Fighters sucked then and sucks now.

They're not really my kind of music,a little woolly for my taste(no welsh -sheep jokes please)I like my music HEAVY!
but I do like Dave Grohl.

Androvski said:
Ow bloody ell,nefhairyarsed plot is on this one aswell!(I's a poet an I didn now it).:lol:
What the **** are you talking about? I hhighly doubt even you know. ****ing idiot.

RightatNYU said:

I wouldn't even compare them to Nirvana. It's a completely different kind of music. I haven't really given them a chance though. I liked 'Eye's Adrift' with the other Nirvana member and Curt Kirkwood from the Meat Puppets, though they are new defunct too.

RightatNYU said:

How can you accuse THEM of blatant 'rip-offs' when the 90's garage bands and the entire 'grunge' scene itself was just another 'rip-off' (though I choose to use the word 'influenced' or 'inspired by') of 60's punk/garage?!

Have you ever listened to the 13th Floor Elevators? The Litter, the Chocolate Watch Band? Those bands were the true pioneers of the garage sound -- Blue Cheer, Hawkwind, the Velvet Underground?

sissy-boy said:

How can you accuse THEM of blatant 'rip-offs' when the 90's garage bands and the entire 'grunge' scene itself was just another 'rip-off' (though I choose to use the word 'influenced' or 'inspired by') of 60's punk/garage?!

Have you ever listened to the 13th Floor Elevators? The Litter, the Chocolate Watch Band? Those bands were the true pioneers of the garage sound -- Blue Cheer, Hawkwind, the Velvet Underground?

I really don't care that much either way.

I'm not a pretentious music douche.

Back
Top Bottom