• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Please Boycott the following liberal rock bands

Originally Posted by JustineCredible:
Please, get real. This nimrod who started this thread is just another goosestepping bush-bot. Give me a break. Reality never once plays into his fantasy world.

At best he's some chain yanker simply spewing out what he believes is the right-wing agenda.
He definately seems to put Bush on a pedestle.
Maybe he's afraid Liberal music will knock him off it!

bushstatuebaghdad4fb.jpg

quietrage said:
Does this guy know that he left out about half of the 60s and 70s rock bands, and boycott Cash because he protested Vietnam? I am glad to see that this list is focused on the current war.

There is another thing missing, it is a little tour called the Vans Warped Tour. Yep it is a bunch of Anti-Americans traveling around corrupting this nation's youth.

Good GAWD...you mean yet another corporation took over yet another youth event? Dayum, when will the madness end?

{doing best crochety old maid voice...} Well, sonny boy, I remember back in MY day when that was just called the "Warped Tour", there wasn't any of this "Vans" business.

I thought that for the sake of argument, I'd go look at the "lists" scotty had received from AmericanConservative.com AND ConservativeForFreedom.org. NEITHER site came up. I was asked if I wanted to purchase the AmericanConservative.com domaain name, and the other one came up that it could not be found.

As far as the list of musicians go... Britney Spears? Conservative? errmmmm she may vote republican, but she CERTAINLY doesn't practice the ideology many of the conservative base stand for. So is this what it comes down too... it doesn't matter of someone practices what they preach.. as long as they vote for a particular party, they are alright? :roll:

ILikeDubyah said:
and if he did, did he delete all of these bands from his playlist?

He does have a point, though. Any time I hear most of these people on the radio I turn it off. Who wants to hear an American call Americans a bunch of "Pig Dogs" (I've never heard those exact words, but if it gets much worse than the latest Green Day single, that's about what they'll literally be saying

And what is it about "Holiday" that makes you think they're calling American's a bunch of "Pig Dogs"? Because he "Begs to dream and differ from the hollow lies" or because he simply speaks to what he truly believes?

This is probably the most HONEST album I've heard in a long time (and did not have any regard for GreenDay until I heard it). Do I agree with all of his views? Absolutely not. Do I respect him for standing behind his views with all of his being? Absolutely.

Do you watch movies starring only Republican actors? Television shows that are all GOP acted, produced, directed, etc. Well, I'm guessing your answer to this would be a resounding No, however might I just say it would be a bit hypocritical to do so with one medium, and not the others, agreed?

You may wish to box yourself, and shelter your existence from anything anti Bush, but just remember one thing.... The calm before the storm exists when we refuse to believe the storm is coming.

What's worse is all these people who cry and whine that anyone who says anything against the war, America or Bush are automatically "Un-American."

Excuse me, but the last time I checked, our freedom of speach and to dissent is one of our AMERICAN rights!
You know, the one's our soldiers THOUGHT they were fighting to protect?

What it boils down to is this; anyone who actually expects to stop their fellow Americans from practicing their American Rights are the one's who need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

These artists whom the OP has said to 'not listen to' are simply artists. They're American citizens utilizing their rights as Americans to express their views in a medium of which they are familiar. It's part of what makes our nation what it is. The freedom to express, to speak, invent and to utilize.
To not be 'shut down' just because what they say or do doesn't mimic the current administration or it's views.

Anyone who expects his/her fellow citizens to shut down and follow along blindly are giving into what we as Americans are supposed to be against...tyrrany and oppression.
Our founding fathers weren't about giving in or shutting down. They were Patriots, fighters for the freedom of thought. If you give into the pressure to goose-step in time with the administration you're giving into what our founding fathers were trying to protect our nation from.

debate_junkie said:
And what is it about "Holiday" that makes you think they're calling American's a bunch of "Pig Dogs"? Because he "Begs to dream and differ from the hollow lies" or because he simply speaks to what he truly believes?

This is probably the most HONEST album I've heard in a long time (and did not have any regard for GreenDay until I heard it). Do I agree with all of his views? Absolutely not. Do I respect him for standing behind his views with all of his being? Absolutely.

Do you watch movies starring only Republican actors? Television shows that are all GOP acted, produced, directed, etc. Well, I'm guessing your answer to this would be a resounding No, however might I just say it would be a bit hypocritical to do so with one medium, and not the others, agreed?

You may wish to box yourself, and shelter your existence from anything anti Bush, but just remember one thing.... The calm before the storm exists when we refuse to believe the storm is coming.

OOOOH, I'm so glad that someone chose to debate this.....I have 1 question, though it's complex, it's simply worded.....What do people....who were more wealthy that the average person could ever hope to be.....by the time they were in their mid 20's....know about politics, or the world in general? NOTHING! They have had their money to protect them, and do not have a care in the world. (The same goes for the other side too, by the way. )
They ceased to experience the world as "normal" people, once they became rich & famous, and their views on everything have been stalled at what they were before they were rich, because they don't know what it's like to be an average (billy)Joe on the street, they have no (normal) experiences.

Also, I don't watch TV, aside from the news, on occasion, and Carnivale....before it was cancelled...I do watch movies, but aside from Michael Moore's "documentaries" I can't think of a single movie I've seen that protests the war, or calls Americans "idiots" for fighting/believing in/supporting it...hmmm, newspapers...I live in Arizona, there are no good newspapers here, but back home I read the Chicago Tribune.

The main reason that I don't listen to most of that music (including Green Day) is because it SUCKS. I'm not sheltering myself from anything anti-bush, I just think he's getting a bum rap. I still cannot fathom why people hate him so much.

so basically boycott good music and listen to crap like ted nugent and jessica simpson, im sure that going to be reeeeeel successful

sargasm said:
so basically boycott good music and listen to crap like ted nugent and jessica simpson, im sure that going to be reeeeeel successful

was this "in general", or are you speaking to someone specific?

^^ in general, I am summing up post in a much shorter and clearer fashion

ILikeDubyah said:
OOOOH, I'm so glad that someone chose to debate this.....I have 1 question, though it's complex, it's simply worded.....What do people....who were more wealthy that the average person could ever hope to be.....by the time they were in their mid 20's....know about politics, or the world in general? NOTHING! They have had their money to protect them, and do not have a care in the world. (The same goes for the other side too, by the way. )
They ceased to experience the world as "normal" people, once they became rich & famous, and their views on everything have been stalled at what they were before they were rich, because they don't know what it's like to be an average (billy)Joe on the street, they have no (normal) experiences.

What is "normal" anyway? Isn't that just a made-up social construct to dehumanize those who choose to do their own thing?
I see an obvious bit of jealousy in your tone here. As though those who have done well in their careers as entertainers are suddenly not allowed to have opinions or care about someone other than themselves. Sure, it's mainly superficial, but heck, why not put their money where their mouths are?
What else are they supposed to do with all that loot? Hmmm... hoard it amongst themselves and no one gets to benefit from it? That doesn't seem all that fair.
You can't have it both ways.

IlikeAMoron said:
Also, I don't watch TV, aside from the news, on occasion, and Carnivale....before it was cancelled...

First off, Carnivalle wasn't so much as "canceled" as it ran its course. It was only meant to run two seasons. It's whole purpose was as a filler show.

IlikeAMoron said:
I do watch movies, but aside from Michael Moore's "documentaries" I can't think of a single movie I've seen that protests the war, or calls Americans "idiots" for fighting/believing in/supporting it

No, but the media form which the term was being discussed was music and Yes indeed Green Day's latest album was entitled "American Idiot." Or did that little bit of new slip your eyes too?

IlikeAMoron said:
...hmmm, newspapers...I live in Arizona, there are no good newspapers here, but back home I read the Chicago Tribune.

The main reason that I don't listen to most of that music (including Green Day) is because it SUCKS. I'm not sheltering myself from anything anti-bush, I just think he's getting a bum rap. I still cannot fathom why people hate him so much.

Because he celebrates mediocrity, has admitted to not reading news papers, holds children's book upside down while waiting SEVEN MINUTES before getting up off his lazy ass to do ANYTHING while our country is being attacked, starts his own war against a people who had NOTHING to do with the attack on our people, his speech pattern is nearly unintelligible and filled with Malaprop's, lies, has goons working for him, was actually IN BUSINESS with BIN LADEN and HUSSEIN before he went berserk, insults grieving families to their faces and then refuses to apologize or give an explanation for his insulting actions...etc.

Originally posted by JustineCredible:
What's worse is all these people who cry and whine that anyone who says anything against the war, America or Bush are automatically "Un-American."

Excuse me, but the last time I checked, our freedom of speach and to dissent is one of our AMERICAN rights!
You know, the one's our soldiers THOUGHT they were fighting to protect?

What it boils down to is this; anyone who actually expects to stop their fellow Americans from practicing their American Rights are the one's who need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

These artists whom the OP has said to 'not listen to' are simply artists. They're American citizens utilizing their rights as Americans to express their views in a medium of which they are familiar. It's part of what makes our nation what it is. The freedom to express, to speak, invent and to utilize.
To not be 'shut down' just because what they say or do doesn't mimic the current administration or it's views.

Anyone who expects his/her fellow citizens to shut down and follow along blindly are giving into what we as Americans are supposed to be against...tyrrany and oppression.
Our founding fathers weren't about giving in or shutting down. They were Patriots, fighters for the freedom of thought. If you give into the pressure to goose-step in time with the administration you're giving into what our founding fathers were trying to protect our nation from.
Very well said and right on the money. I'll never understand how people think that it is Patriotic to practice censorship on their fellow citizens. We can't have meaningful discussions by suppressing facts or denying the average citizen a voice. Some problems are so complex that a solution is not readilly available. Only after many discussions and opinions from all concerned sides can the possibility of a solution start to emerge. While other issues may be as black and white some would suggest.

No matter what the issue, trying to punish people for their opinion goes against everything this country was built on, and used to stand for.

Does anyone think people that criticize the current Administration enjoy doing so? Or simply because they are a lib? Or an even better question, how does someone who harbors such a primal thought process, get elected by an educated voter?

I like how some would rationalize a protester as a Bush-hater. Then won't even touch the subject of probable cause for the protest. I don't think people hate for no reason. There are driving forces that compel some to take action. Understanding these forces are key to finding many truths. These bands help in the understanding of issues by putting things into comprehensible terms for the listener. Some people can only hear certain things in a certain way. Music is ONE of those ways.

My initial reaction to this thread was to boycott the boycotters. That would be wrong as well. Boycotters have a right to voice their opinions and serve as positive examples of bad Americans. Since more than 60% of Americans oppose the war, they seem to be doing a good job of that.

Billo_Really said:
I like how some would rationalize a protester as a Bush-hater.

Just curious here Billo. Would I fall in that category? But you did say some.

What I really meant to say here is.....you like changing your sig, don't you? Be honest now, would you have thought of that without me, teacher, of the huge brain? Yes, it's huge now. Thanks in part to libs like you. You make me think. You go girl. Hendrix, god I love that. Played a right handed axe leftie didn't he?

Free the women.

scottyz said:
Here is a list of musicians / bands that have been on record as holding liberal views, anti-war sentiment, or other traitorous activities. Boycott their music, whether or not they are currently making CDs; don't allow them or their record companies to collect royalities. Please only purchase music from patriotic conservative musicians like Toby Keith, Jessica Simpson, Brooks and Dunn, Ted Nugent, Britney Spears, Lee Greenwood, and Pat Boone. Compiled by AmericanConservative.com and ConservativesForFreedom.org.

Alice in Chains
Audioslave (lead singer Chris Cornell head of left-wing non-profit organization "Axis of Justice")
Babes in Toyland
Joan Baez
Beastie Boys
The Beatles
Harry Belafonte (once referred to Colin Powell and Conid Rice as "house slaves")
Tony Bennett
Bikini Kill
Bjork
Black Crowes
Black Flag
Mary J. Blige
Blink 182
Blur
Jeff Buckley
David Byrne
Johhny Cash (protested the Vietnam war and active in liberal causes)
Roseanne Cash
Coldplay
Judy Collins
Cowboy Junkies
The Cranberries
Sheryl Crowe
Dave Matthews Band
Dead Kennedys
Dixie Chicks
Neil Diamond
Bob Dylan
The Eagles
Melissa Etheridge
Everclear
Everlast
Faith No More
Filter
Fishbone
Foo Fighters (formerly Nirvana, recent 2005 album "In Your Honor" dedicated to John "Hanoi" Kerry)
Stone Fox
Fugazi
Peter Gabriel
Garbage
Steve Gatlin (Gatlin Brothers)
Godsmack
Green Day
Arlo Guthrie
Deborah Harry
Juliana Hatfield
Sophie B. Hawkins
Helmet
Hole
Indigo Girls
Janes Addiction
Joan Jett
Jewell
L7
Lead Zeppelin
Letters to Cleo
Limp Biscuit
Living Colour
Luscious Jackson
Massive Attack
Madonna (Louise Ciccone)
Marroon 5
John Mayer
Mekons
Wynton Marsalis
Sarah McLaughlin
Ethyl Meatplow
Natalie Merchant
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Mudhoney
NOFX
Graham Nash
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana (following the suicide death of the band's lead singer the group has worked under the name "Foo Fighters")
No Doubt
Oasis
The Offspring
Sinead O'Connor
Joan Osbourne
Pavement
Pearl Jam
Liz Phair
Phish
Kate Pierson (B-52s)
Iggy Pop
Posum Dixon
Presidents of the United States of America
Primus
Public Enemy
Queens of the Stone Age
Radiohead
R.E.M.
Rage Against the Machine
Rancid
Lou Rawls
Redd Kross
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Henry Rollins
Rolling Stones (upcoming single "My Sweet Neocon" is shockingly anti-Bush)
Linda Ronstadt
Screaming Trees
Peter Seeger
Peter, Paul and Mary
Seven Year B*tch
Sixpence None The Richer
Smashing Pumpkins
Sonic Youth
Soul Asylum
Soundgarden
Bruce Sprinsteen
Stone Temple Pilots
Paul Stookey (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Barbra Streisand
The Strokes
Sugar
Superchunk
Matthew Sweet
System of the Down
James Taylor
10,000 Maniacs
That Dog
Tool
U2
Suzanne Vega
Velvet Revolver
Veruca Salt
Tom Waits
Weezer
White Stripes
X
Yo La Tengo
Neil Young

Just because you likethe msic does't mean you like th peope the make the music. Besides most rock bands are liberal. You can make it easy on yourself and jut listen to country which is the polar opposite being primarily conservative. Toby Keith is my jams.

Last edited:
JustineCredibleyridiculous said:
What is "normal" anyway? Isn't that just a made-up social construct to dehumanize those who choose to do their own thing?
I see an obvious bit of jealousy in your tone here. As though those who have done well in their careers as entertainers are suddenly not allowed to have opinions or care about someone other than themselves. Sure, it's mainly superficial, but heck, why not put their money where their mouths are?
What else are they supposed to do with all that loot? Hmmm... hoard it amongst themselves and no one gets to benefit from it? That doesn't seem all that fair.
You can't have it both ways.

Can we say "war profiteer"? No jealousy at ALL, I'm happy as a clam, and have done quite well for myself, thank you. My point was that money has the potential to warp anyone's perspective/opinion....Just saying that they're warped, and I choose not to hear it, that's all. And if they're so famous & respected by today's youth, it's not the greatest thing to have people of that stature then bashing America.Especially when they are American. If they were from a different country, I don't think I'd have as much of a problem with it, because then they'd be ignorant foreigners, who don't know any better.

First off, Carnivalle wasn't so much as "canceled" as it ran its course. It was only meant to run two seasons. It's whole purpose was as a filler show.

A filler show with 11 emmys....hmmm. did not run it's course, many many unanswered questions & unresolved plotlines.

No, but the media form which the term was being discussed was music and Yes indeed Green Day's latest album was entitled "American Idiot." Or did that little bit of new slip your eyes too?

That was exactly my point....if you had read the posts, you would have seen that.

Because he celebrates mediocrity, has admitted to not reading news papers, holds children's book upside down while waiting SEVEN MINUTES before getting up off his lazy ass to do ANYTHING while our country is being attacked, starts his own war against a people who had NOTHING to do with the attack on our people, his speech pattern is nearly unintelligible and filled with Malaprop's, lies, has goons working for him, was actually IN BUSINESS with BIN LADEN and HUSSEIN before he went berserk, insults grieving families to their faces and then refuses to apologize or give an explanation for his insulting actions...etc.

He was only supposed to be a mediocre president to begin with!!!!!!!!! Do you really think he wouldn't have liked to just ride out the first 4 years with nothing going on? Judging from his intellect, I'm sure he was thinking, "hmmmm, a 4 year vacation @ $400,000 a year, not bad!" Then Sept 11th hit, and I believe it struck a Chord with him, Now he's dedicated his presidency to ridding the world of evil/terrorists. Sure, he's not doing it in the "can't we all just get along" fashion, but when's the last time that strategy worked??? Why in the hell would the president read news papers in the first place? ANY information he want sis at his finger tips, 24/7....that's just an incredibly stupid readon to hate him. JACKASS! The entire US of A was in bed with both Bin Laden & Saddam!!! We put Saddam into Power! WE trained Bin Laden & gave him weapons & money to take care of the Russians! Do your homework!!!!! Is the grieving family thing about Sheehan????She already had a meeting with him, and if she's looking for an apology, she got one of those too. "On behalf of a greatful nation, bla bla" EVERY soldier that dies in combat 's family gets an apology & a flag at the funeral! It's a war, people die in a war, he is sorry for their loss, but it was for a good cause. The military is voulenteer, it was the soldiers choice to go, after all, they signed up.

ILikeDubyah said:
Now he's dedicated his presidency to ridding the world of evil/terrorists. Sure, he's not doing it in the "can't we all just get along" fashion, but when's the last time that strategy worked???

India 1947 - Gandhi's nonviolent revolution wins India it's independence.

U.S. 1960's (Civil Rights Movement) - Martin Luther King, Jr. and other civil rights activists, through nonviolence, gain equality for African Americans.

It hasn't been attempted in many other cases.

Gandhi>Bush said:
India 1947 - Gandhi's nonviolent revolution wins India it's independence.

U.S. 1960's (Civil Rights Movement) - Martin Luther King, Jr. and other civil rights activists, through nonviolence, gain equality for African Americans.

It hasn't been attempted in many other cases.

I'll agree with Ghandi, but as for MLK, there were alot of other deciding factors there, alot of other people working just as hard, and alot of violence when no one was looking.
As for using diplomacy, We try it every time, people don't listen, we're not going to sit on our hands forever. Patience is a virtue that we have no time for (which is why we have drive-thrus and Tivo..

Also, (For Ghandi>Bush) There is a fine line between evil & ignorance. MLK and the civil rights folk were up against ignorance...The regimes & terrorists we're dealing with are just evil. I really don't think you can deal with the 2 the same way. We all know sanctions don't work or are not upheld, so as an alternative to war, what should we have done? Staged a sit in? yeah, that'd accomlish alot.:confused:

And to finish up with justinecredible(yridiculous), he waited 7 minutes, big freakin deal! If he would have reacted immediately, first, people with your views would have called him a "knee-jerk reactionary", Then, you would have asked why he upset the children in his presence. I think the way he was holding the book was the least of his worries at the time too...just a hunch.

ILikeDubyah said:
I'll agree with Ghandi, but as for MLK, there were alot of other deciding factors there, alot of other people working just as hard, and alot of violence when no one was looking.
As for using diplomacy, We try it every time, people don't listen, we're not going to sit on our hands forever. Patience is a virtue that we have no time for (which is why we have drive-thrus and Tivo..

The civil rights movement had millions of people involved and it wasn't those who encouraged violence that produced the most positive results. Before MLK, it was widely accepted that blacks weren't all that great of people and were criminals, every one of them. When Malcolm X encouraged violence he only strengthened that view. That is the reason we celebrate Martin Luther King day and not Malcolm X day. I see the same thing happening with America in the middle east. We are evil people that hate Islam and we're all greedy and corrupt and I believe that we play right into the hands of radical clerics when we do nothing to fight that idea.

We didn't beat the KKK by attacking those that held the idea. We beat them by attacking the idea itself.

Also, (For Ghandi>Bush) There is a fine line between evil & ignorance. MLK and the civil rights folk were up against ignorance...The regimes & terrorists we're dealing with are just evil. I really don't think you can deal with the 2 the same way. We all know sanctions don't work or are not upheld, so as an alternative to war, what should we have done? Staged a sit in? yeah, that'd accomlish alot.

No no no. When it comes to nonviolence(or anything for that matter), different situations call for different tactics. Martin Luther King didn't do what Gandhi did. Who would care about some black preacher on a hunger strike that has led him near death? That wouldn't have worked.

Sanctions don't work. As a matter of fact many terrorists quote the sanctions we had on Iraq that resulted in the deaths of over a million children. Food sanctions are an attack on people, and that might work in a democracy but not with an oppressive regime like Saddams. You think Saddam missed one meal in all of that? No. Just Iraqi children.

There are so many countries in the middle east that depend on international aid and support. After 9/11 everyone was sympathetic to us, even France. What you do is you get everybody together and devise a plan of action. You tell Afghanistan to start an internal effort to capture terrorists and hand them over to international courts. If they don't, the Nonviolent Coaltion of the Willing(that's not what you should call it, mind you) will stop sending withdrawl all international aid workers like the ones that were feeding the 8 million people on the verge of starvation. Threaten to stop sending money like the 42 million dollars sent in '01 for their stance on the opium trade(their stance was beheading opium farmers). Threaten to stop all imports and exports from that country by blockade and yes - Sanctions. Then you start sending food for free. That's right, just give it to 'em.

I could go on, but I feel as if my rant is misplaced in this land of those damned liberal rock bands...

ILikeDubyah said:
And to finish up with justinecredible(yridiculous), he waited 7 minutes, big freakin deal! If he would have reacted immediately, first, people with your views would have called him a "knee-jerk reactionary",

My, my the ASS-umptions you make little boy. The better to knock you down a peg or two!

ILikeAMoron said:
Then, you would have asked why he upset the children in his presence. I think the way he was holding the book was the least of his worries at the time too...just a hunch.

Really? So he knew BEFORE he started "reading" that book upside down that we would be under attack and so it didn't really matter which way he held it?
Amazing!!!
Now, that would imply he had advanced warning of the attacks BEFORE THEY HAPPEN...and DID NOTHING to PREVENT them!

Engage brain before letting fingers fly next time. :roll:

Fu_chick said:
Point of view differing from that of the government=Treason ---I'll have to keep that in mind. :roll:

Fu_chick we actually agree on something.

The original poster obviously can't stand different points of view to his own having a platform. The word unintellectual flies into my mind. The fact that they are so numerous doesn't tell him anything? Boy, some people are slow.

JustineCredible said:
My, my the ASS-umptions you make little boy. The better to knock you down a peg or two!

Still waiting... My point is, He'll never have any peace with the likes of people like you. How's that again...oh yeah, "If GWB found a cure for cancer tomorrow, liberals would be complaining about all of the unemployed lab rats."

Really? So he knew BEFORE he started "reading" that book upside down that we would be under attack and so it didn't really matter which way he held it?
Amazing!!!
Now, that would imply he had advanced warning of the attacks BEFORE THEY HAPPEN...and DID NOTHING to PREVENT them!

Engage brain before letting fingers fly next time. :roll:

The guy has in his charge about what, 200 million or so people? And he has to be aware of every issue at all times, right? Do you really think that a PR stunt is, or ever should be the first thing on his mind? Who's to say he wasn't thinking about, say, his plan for privatizing social security at the time? No one will ever know, and to bring up such a stupid point like "oooh, he's holding the book upside-down!" Who cares! "Oh my gosh, he's wearing brown shoes and a Blue Blazer!"

scottyz said:
Here is a list of musicians / bands that have been on record as holding liberal views, anti-war sentiment, or other traitorous activities. Boycott their music, whether or not they are currently making CDs; don't allow them or their record companies to collect royalities. Please only purchase music from patriotic conservative musicians like Toby Keith, Jessica Simpson, Brooks and Dunn, Ted Nugent, Britney Spears, Lee Greenwood, and Pat Boone. Compiled by AmericanConservative.com and ConservativesForFreedom.org.

Alice in Chains
Audioslave (lead singer Chris Cornell head of left-wing non-profit organization "Axis of Justice")
Babes in Toyland
Joan Baez
Beastie Boys
The Beatles
Harry Belafonte (once referred to Colin Powell and Conid Rice as "house slaves")
Tony Bennett
Bikini Kill
Bjork
Black Crowes
Black Flag
Mary J. Blige
Blink 182
Blur
Jeff Buckley
David Byrne
Johhny Cash (protested the Vietnam war and active in liberal causes)
Roseanne Cash
Coldplay
Judy Collins
Cowboy Junkies
The Cranberries
Sheryl Crowe
Dave Matthews Band
Dead Kennedys
Dixie Chicks
Neil Diamond
Bob Dylan
The Eagles
Melissa Etheridge
Everclear
Everlast
Faith No More
Filter
Fishbone
Foo Fighters (formerly Nirvana, recent 2005 album "In Your Honor" dedicated to John "Hanoi" Kerry)
Stone Fox
Fugazi
Peter Gabriel
Garbage
Steve Gatlin (Gatlin Brothers)
Godsmack
Green Day
Arlo Guthrie
Deborah Harry
Juliana Hatfield
Sophie B. Hawkins
Helmet
Hole
Indigo Girls
Janes Addiction
Joan Jett
Jewell
L7
Lead Zeppelin
Letters to Cleo
Limp Biscuit
Living Colour
Luscious Jackson
Massive Attack
Madonna (Louise Ciccone)
Marroon 5
John Mayer
Mekons
Wynton Marsalis
Sarah McLaughlin
Ethyl Meatplow
Natalie Merchant
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Mudhoney
NOFX
Graham Nash
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana (following the suicide death of the band's lead singer the group has worked under the name "Foo Fighters")
No Doubt
Oasis
The Offspring
Sinead O'Connor
Joan Osbourne
Pavement
Pearl Jam
Liz Phair
Phish
Kate Pierson (B-52s)
Iggy Pop
Posum Dixon
Presidents of the United States of America
Primus
Public Enemy
Queens of the Stone Age
Radiohead
R.E.M.
Rage Against the Machine
Rancid
Lou Rawls
Redd Kross
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Henry Rollins
Rolling Stones (upcoming single "My Sweet Neocon" is shockingly anti-Bush)
Linda Ronstadt
Screaming Trees
Peter Seeger
Peter, Paul and Mary
Seven Year B*tch
Sixpence None The Richer
Smashing Pumpkins
Sonic Youth
Soul Asylum
Soundgarden
Bruce Sprinsteen
Stone Temple Pilots
Paul Stookey (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Barbra Streisand
The Strokes
Sugar
Superchunk
Matthew Sweet
System of the Down
James Taylor
10,000 Maniacs
That Dog
Tool
U2
Suzanne Vega
Velvet Revolver
Veruca Salt
Tom Waits
Weezer
White Stripes
X
Yo La Tengo
Neil Young

"Lead Zepplin".....

Conservatives have the brains? Is that why Clinton had an IQ of 182? I intern at an organic chemistry lab and all of the the doctors and researchers there are extremely liberal, they are some of the most brilliant and creative people I know. Liberals have the brains and the creativity. Conservatives have the bible and the kakhis.

except one conservative: George W. Bush
sorry, he may have other good traits, but acute intelligence is certainly not one of them.

Bush is part liberal.Republican next to someone's name does not automaticlly make them a conservative.

Besides he had higher grades than Kerry.Went to a prestigious school and is president of this country.What have you done?

jamesrage said:
.Republican next to someone's name does not automaticlly make them a conservative.

Yeah, look at John McCain....Party shifting little weasel!

Also, an IQ only represents the potential for intelligence, not actual intelligence. Being that MR. 182 was caught with his pants down, and then caught lying about it, I'd say his Actual Intellegence Quotient is somewhere between slime & a dog that's been kicked in the head a few too many times.

Back
Top Bottom