• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Please Boycott the following liberal rock bands

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Here is a list of musicians / bands that have been on record as holding liberal views, anti-war sentiment, or other traitorous activities. Boycott their music, whether or not they are currently making CDs; don't allow them or their record companies to collect royalities. Please only purchase music from patriotic conservative musicians like Toby Keith, Jessica Simpson, Brooks and Dunn, Ted Nugent, Britney Spears, Lee Greenwood, and Pat Boone. Compiled by AmericanConservative.com and ConservativesForFreedom.org.

Alice in Chains
Audioslave (lead singer Chris Cornell head of left-wing non-profit organization "Axis of Justice")
Babes in Toyland
Joan Baez
Beastie Boys
The Beatles
Harry Belafonte (once referred to Colin Powell and Conid Rice as "house slaves")
Tony Bennett
Bikini Kill
Bjork
Black Crowes
Black Flag
Mary J. Blige
Blink 182
Blur
Jeff Buckley
David Byrne
Johhny Cash (protested the Vietnam war and active in liberal causes)
Roseanne Cash
Coldplay
Judy Collins
Cowboy Junkies
The Cranberries
Sheryl Crowe
Dave Matthews Band
Dead Kennedys
Dixie Chicks
Neil Diamond
Bob Dylan
The Eagles
Melissa Etheridge
Everclear
Everlast
Faith No More
Filter
Fishbone
Foo Fighters (formerly Nirvana, recent 2005 album "In Your Honor" dedicated to John "Hanoi" Kerry)
Stone Fox
Fugazi
Peter Gabriel
Garbage
Steve Gatlin (Gatlin Brothers)
Godsmack
Green Day
Arlo Guthrie
Deborah Harry
Juliana Hatfield
Sophie B. Hawkins
Helmet
Hole
Indigo Girls
Janes Addiction
Joan Jett
Jewell
L7
Lead Zeppelin
Letters to Cleo
Limp Biscuit
Living Colour
Luscious Jackson
Massive Attack
Madonna (Louise Ciccone)
Marroon 5
John Mayer
Mekons
Wynton Marsalis
Sarah McLaughlin
Ethyl Meatplow
Natalie Merchant
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Mudhoney
NOFX
Graham Nash
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana (following the suicide death of the band's lead singer the group has worked under the name "Foo Fighters")
No Doubt
Oasis
The Offspring
Sinead O'Connor
Joan Osbourne
Pavement
Pearl Jam
Liz Phair
Phish
Kate Pierson (B-52s)
Iggy Pop
Posum Dixon
Presidents of the United States of America
Primus
Public Enemy
Queens of the Stone Age
Radiohead
R.E.M.
Rage Against the Machine
Rancid
Lou Rawls
Redd Kross
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Henry Rollins
Rolling Stones (upcoming single "My Sweet Neocon" is shockingly anti-Bush)
Linda Ronstadt
Screaming Trees
Peter Seeger
Peter, Paul and Mary
Seven Year B*tch
Sixpence None The Richer
Smashing Pumpkins
Sonic Youth
Soul Asylum
Soundgarden
Bruce Sprinsteen
Stone Temple Pilots
Paul Stookey (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Barbra Streisand
The Strokes
Sugar
Superchunk
Matthew Sweet
System of the Down
James Taylor
10,000 Maniacs
That Dog
Tool
U2
Suzanne Vega
Velvet Revolver
Veruca Salt
Tom Waits
Weezer
White Stripes
X
Yo La Tengo
Neil Young

scottyz said:
Here is a list of musicians / bands that have been on record as holding liberal views, anti-war sentiment, or other traitorous activities. Boycott their music, whether or not they are currently making CDs; don't allow them or their record companies to collect royalities. Please only purchase music from patriotic conservative musicians like Toby Keith, Jessica Simpson, Brooks and Dunn, Ted Nugent, Britney Spears, Lee Greenwood, and Pat Boone. Compiled by AmericanConservative.com and ConservativesForFreedom.org.

Alice in Chains
Audioslave (lead singer Chris Cornell head of left-wing non-profit organization "Axis of Justice")
Babes in Toyland
Joan Baez
Beastie Boys
The Beatles
Harry Belafonte (once referred to Colin Powell and Conid Rice as "house slaves")
Tony Bennett
Bikini Kill
Bjork
Black Crowes
Black Flag
Mary J. Blige
Blink 182
Blur
Jeff Buckley
David Byrne
Roseanne Cash
Coldplay
Judy Collins
Cowboy Junkies
The Cranberries
Sheryl Crowe
Dave Matthews Band
Dead Kennedys
Dixie Chicks
Neil Diamond
Bob Dylan
The Eagles
Melissa Etheridge
Everclear
Everlast
Faith No More
Filter
Fishbone
Foo Fighters (formerly Nirvana, recent 2005 album "In Your Honor" dedicated to John "Hanoi" Kerry)
Stone Fox
Fugazi
Peter Gabriel
Garbage
Godsmack
Green Day
Arlo Guthrie
Deborah Harry
Juliana Hatfield
Sophie B. Hawkins
Helmet
Hole
Indigo Girls
Janes Addiction
Joan Jett
Jewell
L7
Lead Zeppelin
Letters to Cleo
Limp Biscuit
Living Colour
Luscious Jackson
Massive Attack
Madonna (Louise Ciccone)
Marroon 5
John Mayer
Mekons
Wynton Marsalis
Sarah McLaughlin
Ethyl Meatplow
Natalie Merchant
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Mudhoney
NOFX
Graham Nash
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana (following the suicide death of the band's lead singer the group has worked under the name "Foo Fighters")
No Doubt
Oasis
The Offspring
Sinead O'Connor
Joan Osbourne
Pavement
Pearl Jam
Liz Phair
Phish
Kate Pierson (B-52s)
Iggy Pop
Posum Dixon
Primus
Public Enemy
Queens of the Stone Age
Radiohead
R.E.M.
Rage Against the Machine
Rancid
Lou Rawls
Redd Kross
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Henry Rollins
Linda Ronstadt
Screaming Trees
Peter Seeger
Peter, Paul and Mary
Seven Year B*tch
Sixpence None The Richer
Smashing Pumpkins
Sonic Youth
Soul Asylum
Soundgarden
Bruce Sprinsteen
Stone Temple Pilots
Barbra Streisand
The Strokes
Sugar
Superchunk
Matthew Sweet
System of the Down
James Taylor
10,000 Maniacs
That Dog
Tool
U2
Suzanne Vega
Velvet Revolver
Veruca Salt
Tom Waits
Weezer
White Stripes
X
Yo La Tengo
Neil Young

Half these guys and gals are strung out on drugs, they don't know what they are saying, the other half just want the liberals to legalize drugs, and don't know what they are saying! I could not possibly hold this against them, not to mention I ripped their tunes from napster years ago.:lol:

I'm Ultra-conservative, but there are about 5 or 6 bands on that list that I listen to. 1 of them is dead, and the rest of them have broken up

Jeff Buckley - dead
Juliana Hatfield - my favorite artist of all time.
Natalie Merchant - she's OK
Veruca Salt - again, OK

Strike that, 3 artists(1 of which is dead), and 1 band that no longer has the original members. Artists of any type tend to be liberal...liberals got the creativity, conservatives got the brains....that's quite alright with me. People are allowed to have different views. I listen to these artists for their music, not their viewpoints on politics, and, infact, I don't think any one of these 4 artists has ever put out politically charged music.

liberals got the creativity, conservatives got the brains

except one conservative: George W. Bush
sorry, he may have other good traits, but acute intelligence is certainly not one of them.

nkgupta80 said:
except one conservative: George W. Bush
sorry, he may have other good traits, but acute intelligence is certainly not one of them.

Point taken, but he's still a good guy. Not all conservatives are super-smart, just as not all liberals are creative.

Where does one find a list like this anyways?

i wonder if the guy actually went through his playlist doin this....

nkgupta80 said:
i wonder if the guy actually went through his playlist doin this....

and if he did, did he delete all of these bands from his playlist?

He does have a point, though. Any time I hear most of these people on the radio I turn it off. Who wants to hear an American call Americans a bunch of "Pig Dogs" (I've never heard those exact words, but if it gets much worse than the latest Green Day single, that's about what they'll literally be saying

Scotty

That's stupid, honestly!

You forgot Anti-Flag. If I picked my music based on my political standing, then I'd be SOLed! I have my own unique political standing, now get off the band wagon, and realize that I'm going to pro-test this and EVERY war for the rest of my life. Humans aren't made to do battle, which is why we don't have a protective covering IE. Exo-Skeleton, or even a shell.

Good luck with your boycott, maybe you'll soon realize that boycotting famous musicians is like persuading a bible thumper that evoultion is the raw deal, its impossible.

I'm a moderate Conservative...

My favorite group?...The Beatles...

My second favorite...yup...Frank Zappa!

It's a crazy world people....:shock:

scottyz said:

Alice in Chains
Babes in Toyland
Joan Baez
Beastie Boys
The Beatles
Tony Bennett
Bikini Kill
Bjork
Black Crowes
Black Flag
Mary J. Blige
Blink 182
Blur
Jeff Buckley
David Byrne
Roseanne Cash
Coldplay
Judy Collins
Cowboy Junkies
The Cranberries
Sheryl Crowe
Dave Matthews Band
Dead Kennedys
Dixie Chicks
Neil Diamond
Bob Dylan
The Eagles
Melissa Etheridge
Everclear
Everlast
Faith No More
Filter
Fishbone
Stone Fox
Fugazi
Peter Gabriel
Garbage
Godsmack
Green Day
Arlo Guthrie
Deborah Harry
Juliana Hatfield
Sophie B. Hawkins
Helmet
Hole
Indigo Girls
Janes Addiction
Joan Jett
Jewell
L7
Lead Zeppelin
Letters to Cleo
Limp Biscuit
Living Colour
Luscious Jackson
Massive Attack
Madonna (Louise Ciccone)
Marroon 5
John Mayer
Mekons
Wynton Marsalis
Sarah McLaughlin
Ethyl Meatplow
Natalie Merchant
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Mudhoney
NOFX
Graham Nash
Nine Inch Nails
No Doubt
Oasis
The Offspring
Sinead O'Connor
Joan Osbourne
Pavement
Pearl Jam
Liz Phair
Phish
Kate Pierson (B-52s)
Iggy Pop
Posum Dixon
Primus
Public Enemy
Queens of the Stone Age
Radiohead
R.E.M.
Rage Against the Machine
Rancid
Lou Rawls
Redd Kross
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Henry Rollins
Linda Ronstadt
Screaming Trees
Peter Seeger
Peter, Paul and Mary
Seven Year B*tch
Sixpence None The Richer
Smashing Pumpkins
Sonic Youth
Soul Asylum
Soundgarden
Bruce Sprinsteen
Stone Temple Pilots
Barbra Streisand
The Strokes
Sugar
Superchunk
Matthew Sweet
System of the Down
James Taylor
10,000 Maniacs
That Dog
Tool
U2
Suzanne Vega
Velvet Revolver
Veruca Salt
Tom Waits
Weezer
White Stripes
X
Yo La Tengo
Neil Young

Don't forget books, too! Boycott books that are anti-war! I'll start the list:

The Bible

scottyz said:

Alice in Chains
Babes in Toyland
Joan Baez
Beastie Boys
The Beatles
Tony Bennett
Bikini Kill
Bjork
Black Crowes
Black Flag
Mary J. Blige
Blink 182
Blur
Jeff Buckley
David Byrne
Roseanne Cash
Coldplay
Judy Collins
Cowboy Junkies
The Cranberries
Sheryl Crowe
Dave Matthews Band
Dead Kennedys
Dixie Chicks
Neil Diamond
Bob Dylan
The Eagles
Melissa Etheridge
Everclear
Everlast
Faith No More
Filter
Fishbone
Stone Fox
Fugazi
Peter Gabriel
Garbage
Godsmack
Green Day
Arlo Guthrie
Deborah Harry
Juliana Hatfield
Sophie B. Hawkins
Helmet
Hole
Indigo Girls
Janes Addiction
Joan Jett
Jewell
L7
Lead Zeppelin
Letters to Cleo
Limp Biscuit
Living Colour
Luscious Jackson
Massive Attack
Madonna (Louise Ciccone)
Marroon 5
John Mayer
Mekons
Wynton Marsalis
Sarah McLaughlin
Ethyl Meatplow
Natalie Merchant
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Mudhoney
NOFX
Graham Nash
Nine Inch Nails
No Doubt
Oasis
The Offspring
Sinead O'Connor
Joan Osbourne
Pavement
Pearl Jam
Liz Phair
Phish
Kate Pierson (B-52s)
Iggy Pop
Posum Dixon
Primus
Public Enemy
Queens of the Stone Age
Radiohead
R.E.M.
Rage Against the Machine
Rancid
Lou Rawls
Redd Kross
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Henry Rollins
Linda Ronstadt
Screaming Trees
Peter Seeger
Peter, Paul and Mary
Seven Year B*tch
Sixpence None The Richer
Smashing Pumpkins
Sonic Youth
Soul Asylum
Soundgarden
Bruce Sprinsteen
Stone Temple Pilots
Barbra Streisand
The Strokes
Sugar
Superchunk
Matthew Sweet
System of the Down
James Taylor
10,000 Maniacs
That Dog
Tool
U2
Suzanne Vega
Velvet Revolver
Veruca Salt
Tom Waits
Weezer
White Stripes
X
Yo La Tengo
Neil Young

Point of view differing from that of the government=Treason ---I'll have to keep that in mind. :roll:

just curiuos

I thought greenday was anarcist?

I havent come across any political music from coldplay attal. What makes you think there liberal? They have in involved in campains which actually oposse free trade so in that sence they are very unliberal

I would say rage against the machine was to left-wing to be liberal but i guess that depends on your definition

scottyz said:
Please only purchase music from patriotic conservative musicians like Toby Keith, Compiled by AmericanConservative.com and ConservativesForFreedom.org.
Yes, registered democrat Toby Keith. :roll:

scottyz said:
Here is a list of musicians / bands that have been on record as holding liberal views, anti-war sentiment, or other traitorous activities.

So holding liberal views, and having anti-war sentiment is a "traitorous activity"? Well, call me a traitor to the nation then...And here I thought I loved my country. I guess I was wrong.

alex said:
Don't forget books, too! Boycott books that are anti-war! I'll start the list:

The Bible
Well played, sir. Well played.

scottyz said:
Please only purchase music from patriotic conservative musicians like Toby Keith, Jessica Simpson, Brooks and Dunn, Ted Nugent, Britney Spears, Lee Greenwood, and Pat Boone. Compiled by AmericanConservative.com and ConservativesForFreedom.org.

How about I purchase music based on what music I like. I think that fits me better anyway. Maybe I'll choose a politician for his political stance. Yea, that makes sense. It apparently also makes me a traitor. Oh well...

BEtween the folks who dies before the war was a blip and the bands that no longer exist, I can't helop butget a hearty, knee-slapping belly laugh from this list. Of course the idea is a straneg cross between absurd, silly, grotesque and obscene.

Musician are valued for their music. I don't really give a rat's ass about their politics- unless, of course, they're kooky or otherwise eccentrically interesting

Simon W. Moon said:
BEtween the folks who dies before the war was a blip and the bands that no longer exist, I can't helop butget a hearty, knee-slapping belly laugh from this list. Of course the idea is a straneg cross between absurd, silly, grotesque and obscene.

Musician are valued for their music. I don't really give a rat's ass about their politics- unless, of course, they're kooky or otherwise eccentrically interesting

Exactly...As I've posted earlier, I like Zappa; that right there should force me to give in my Conservative membership card.

The exception is when an artist starts going off during a performance and turns it into a political rant. There are certain people or groups where you KNOW it's coming(U2, Bruce Springsteen, Sting)...It's the ones that blindside that annoy me...

Near the close of her performance, Ronstadt dedicated the Eagles hit "Desperado" to Moore, producer of "Fahrenheit 9/11," and the room erupted into equal parts boos and cheers.

She said Moore "is someone who cares about this country deeply and is trying to help."

Ronstadt has been making the dedication at each of her engagements since she began a national tour earlier this summer, but it has never sparked such a reaction.

Hundreds of angry fans streamed from the theater as Ronstadt sang. Some of them reportedly defaced posters of her in the lobby, writing comments and tossing drinks on her pictures.

Timmins told Las Vegas Sun gossip columnist Timothy McDarrah: "We live in a city where people come from all over the world to be entertained. We hired Ms. Ronstadt as an entertainer, not as a political activist.

"Whether you are politically on the left or on the right is not the point. She went up in front of the stage and just let it out. This was not the correct forum for that."

http://www.lasvegassun.com/drudged/517195568.html

Oh, here's another liberal rock band. LOL:

Indie rockers force Hannity to change number

A few weeks ago, we introduced you to Brooklyn indie agit-popsters Kids Against Combs, who’d just finished an album that used the private phone number of Fox News loudmouth Sean Hannity as its title. (See "Combs Nail Hannity," This Just In, July 15.)

Sean Hannity (631) 673-8003 was set to be released on July 21 by 10-34 Records. But, according to a press release sent out last week by the band, Kids Against Combs and 10-34 were issued papers on July 15 from Hannity’s attorneys, "threatening to sue both parties if they proceeded with releasing an album named after Hannity’s home phone number and containing the political pundit’s home address in the CD’s liner notes." (The digits, meanwhile, are now disconnected; "changed to an unlisted number," says the recording.)

Geez, that's a pretty miserable list of allowances...
Pat Boone? Brittany Spears? No thanks...

Mybe if I stick to looong dead musicians, no one will get offended.
Django anyone? Oh crap he was French!:shock:

:smile:

VTA said:
Geez, that's a pretty miserable list of allowances...
Pat Boone? Brittany Spears? No thanks...

Mybe if I stick to looong dead musicians, no one will get offended.
Django anyone? Oh crap he was French!:shock:

:smile:

ROTFL...I agree..pretty miserable list of musicians to pick from.

And Pat Boone made that heavy metal album!!! He shouldn't be on the accepted list, should he?!

Here's the deal...music has always been an avenue of social comment and criticism. It will always be this way. If the originator of this thread has their way, our rights will truely be gone.

That list was compiled by Conservatives for Freedom?

Freedom? That's the biggest load of hypocritical garbage I've ever read.

scottyz said:

You mean suicide is a form of death? Gasp, I never knew! :doh

Aw shucks, and I just downloaded John Prine's newest release: "Some humans ain't human" with a line of lyric which reads: "Or you're feelin' your freedom and the world's off your back, then some cowboy from Texas starts his own war in Iraq."

Or what about System of a Down? I guess their "new metal/ New punk" sound tends to fly a bit under the radar, huh?

Sorry dim-wit OP, but as artists, they are protected by our constitution to freely express and dessent as they see fit.

You don't like it? Tough, change the station. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to listen.

But don't force-feed your opinions on anyone else.

That's so sweet that you have confused Nationalism with Patriotism, but I'm sure our founding fathers are doing flips in their graves.

Oh and just an FYI: If you "approve" of Britney Spears, I suggest you check your value system at the door! Yeah, there's someone I want my nieces to emulate...

NOT

Wow, why not just take away all my CD's?

How does boycotting music stop anti-war..which is for stopping war...so....

Yeah, oh well.

HAHAHAHAH, obviously you're not very smart when it comes to the history of bands.

Let me enlighten you!

according to http://www.burntout.com/nirvana/members/
The Band Members of Nirvana Were
Band Name
Fecal Matter:
Kurt Cobain
Dale Crover
Greg Hokanson
Mike Dillard

Brown Cow:
Buzz Osborne
Dale Crover
Kurt Cobain

Stiff Woodies:
Various
Kurt
Krist

The Sellouts:
Steve Newman
Kurt Cobain
Krist

Skid Row:
Ted Ed Fred:
Bliss:
Throat Oyster:
Pen Cap Chew:
Windowpane:
Aaron Burckhard
Kurt
Krist

and according to http://www.foofighters.com/bio.html
Foo Fighters Band Members:
Dave Grohl (guitar/vocal)
Nate Mendel (bass)
Taylor Hawkins (drums)
Chris Shiflett (guitar)

Uh oh! Not once do I see Nate Mendel in Nirvana. Nor do I see Taylor Hawkins.. nor do I see Chris Shiflett.

Maybe you should wise up on your musical backgrounds before you try boycotting them.

Last edited:
Please, get real. This nimrod who started this thread is just another goosestepping bush-bot. Give me a break. Reality never once plays into his fantasy world.

At best he's some chain yanker simply spewing out what he believes is the right-wing agenda.

Does this guy know that he left out about half of the 60s and 70s rock bands, and boycott Cash because he protested Vietnam? I am glad to see that this list is focused on the current war.

There is another thing missing, it is a little tour called the Vans Warped Tour. Yep it is a bunch of Anti-Americans traveling around corrupting this nation's youth.

Back
Top Bottom