• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pleasant Surprise on SCOTUS

LMAP @ Patriotic's backtracking

So I guess FDR didn't win a fourth term by being "the greatest president since Abraham Lincoln" huh ?
Just a third term by virtue of that achievement

When you make a mistake, it's better just to own it.

I did not make any mistakes. Someone else did.

I never implied FDR did not win a fourth term.

Yes you did. You said:
FDR won a third term by being the greatest president since Abraham Lincoln.

But he also won a subsequent FOURTH term.

Since there is no reason to champion a 3rd achievement, when there is a 4th

A bit like saying the Green Bay Packers have won three Super Bowls....well yes they have, but they also went on to win a fourth.

You were wrong, just admit it and move on.

Yes you did. You said:

But he also won a subsequent FOURTH term.

Since there is no reason to champion a 3rd achievement, when there is a 4th

A bit like saying the Green Bay Packers have won three Super Bowls....well yes they have, but they also went on to win a fourth.

You were wrong, just admit it and move on.
Wow! Are you seriously ****ing up my thread just to obsess over this bullshit?

Thanks for nothing.

Wow! Are you seriously ****ing up my thread just to obsess over this bullshit?

Thanks for nothing.

I'm about to extract an admission of "wrongness"

It's the prime objective of internet forums.

I'm about to extract an admission of "wrongness"

It's the prime objective of internet forums.
It's a stupid point that you simply misunderstood. Besides, 3rd and 4th presidential terms are not even close to the thread topic.

It's a stupid point that you simply misunderstood. Besides, 3rd and 4th presidential terms are not even close to the thread topic.

IMO it's vitally important and Patriotic at best misspoke and at worst was completely wrong.

IMO it's vitally important and Patriotic at best misspoke and at worst was completely wrong.
No, it is vitally important that you not pollute my thread with this derailing bullshit, especially since everyone except you understood perfectly well what Patriot meant by his post.

Except that they didn't vote to uphold the Affordable Healthcare Act. They held that Texas and the other 17 States no longer had standing because the penalty had been removed by Republicans after Texas had filed suit. The only thing that is absurd is your lack of understanding of the matter.

The Affordable Healthcare Act of 2010 still violates the Tenth Amendment of the US Constitution.
You just love the 10th Amendment don't you? By consistently neglecting the Supremacy, and the Necessary and Proper clauses of the Constitution you inflate its importance.

And, here was have another pleasant surprise from the new court.

In a concurring opinion, Justice Brett Kavanaugh said the NCAA is essentially acting "above the law" in how it treats athletes.
"Nowhere else in America can businesses get away with agreeing not to pay their workers a fair market rate on the theory that their product is defined by not paying their workers a fair market rate,"

No, it is vitally important that you not pollute my thread with this derailing bullshit, especially since everyone except you understood perfectly well what Patriot meant by his post.

How long have you been referring to yourself as "Everyone" ?

You just love the 10th Amendment don't you? By consistently neglecting the Supremacy, and the Necessary and Proper clauses of the Constitution you inflate its importance.
Actually, I'm the one holding the federal government to the limited powers that the US Constitution granted them. While you want to make the federal government an all-powerful entity whose authority can never be questioned. Your overwhelming desire to live in a fascist nation is noted, but you won't find it in the US, not matter how hard Democrats try.

The federal government is limited to only those powers the US Constitution grants them, and no others. Get use to it.

Actually, I'm the one holding the federal government to the limited powers that the US Constitution granted them. While you want to make the federal government an all-powerful entity whose authority can never be questioned. Your overwhelming desire to live in a fascist nation is noted, but you won't find it in the US, not matter how hard Democrats try.

The federal government is limited to only those powers the US Constitution grants them, and no others. Get use to it.
How long do you hold the fed to their limited powers? The enumerated powers of the Constitution aren't even limited. Keep your words out of my mouth, I said no such thing. Judicial review is a fundamental check and balance of the US govt.

Your final statement is wrong, no way to give even half credit. In the simplest terms, what is the Constitutional basis for Congress creating the Air Force?

Man, this gang is on a roll.

For those unfamiliar.

The case concerned Brandi Levy, a Pennsylvania high school student who had expressed her dismay over not making the varsity cheerleading squad by sending a colorful Snapchat message to about 250 people.

She sent the message on a Saturday from the Cocoa Hut, a convenience store popular with teenagers. It included an image of Ms. Levy and a friend with their middle fingers raised, along with a string of words expressing the same sentiment.
Court said, in an 8-1 decision, that she can flip off whomever she wants on her free time. Good call.

One does have to ask wtf is wrong with Clarence. Thomas was the only dissenter.

The job of the federal government is to govern the country.

Therefore it needs the necessary powers in order to do that.

Back
Top Bottom