• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Plea for Peace

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I don't ****ing understand why people can't just stop for one second and consider why they hate people whom they have never met before. It never ceases to amaze me.

The Israelis hate the Palestinians. The Palestinians hate the Israels. Continued violence=Continued violence etc. etc. I don't see any end in sight.

The Troubles in Ireland, praise God (if God exists), have lessened over the years though it hasn't stopped completely. I think people need to stop and think about what they advocate when they want to see those suicide bombers and targeted assasinations on both sides. All anger and hatred leave to is more anger and hatred. I cannot see any end to it unless both sides are willing to give any. When is it going to end?

Ah well. . .

FinnMacCool said:
When is it going to end?

Ah well. . .

It will end when people start seeing each other as individuals instead of as part of a group and when people stop holding one individual as responsible for another individual's actions.

Not anytime soon. Remember alot of groups use hate to gain and hold power.

Take the hamas..do you ever think they would laydown their arms?

lets all just get in a circle and blow each other

FinnMacCool said:
One has to wonder what compelled you to post that.

Maybe because hates anyone who hasn't or won't blow him?

FinnMacCool said:
I don't ****ing understand why people can't just stop for one second and consider why they hate people whom they have never met before. It never ceases to amaze me.

The Israelis hate the Palestinians. The Palestinians hate the Israels. Continued violence=Continued violence etc. etc. I don't see any end in sight.

The Troubles in Ireland, praise God (if God exists), have lessened over the years though it hasn't stopped completely. I think people need to stop and think about what they advocate when they want to see those suicide bombers and targeted assasinations on both sides. All anger and hatred leave to is more anger and hatred. I cannot see any end to it unless both sides are willing to give any. When is it going to end?

Ah well. . .

I don't understand racists. How can you hate someone for the color of their skin? I hate it when people don't think I speak English and I am not even that dark, but they're all like "you speaka english?" Not to knock down white people but why do SOME of you presume a dark skinned person can't speak english?

here's a good one- What do you call someone who can speak 2 languages? A bilingual. What about someone who speaks three languages? A trilingual. And what do you call someone who only speaks 1 language? An American!

FinnMacCool said:
One has to wonder what compelled you to post that.

Why does everyone hate each other? Why cant everyone who is stuck in turmoil and lives in squalor, after generations of seing their family killed because of their race/religion/etc, feeling 100% assured in the fact that their religion is the right one, why can't they just realize that all killing is bad and we should all just love one another?

I mean, come on, if I can do it with all the hardships I've faced, such as being a 17 year old living in the wealthy south shore community of long island, why can't a 45 year old man who has seen his entire family beaten and killed in front on him and his house destroyed do the same?

There are reasons why there will never be total world peace, and why your completely unoriginal "why cant everyone else see what I see?" plea for kindness will go completely unheeded.

First of all, the South Shore isn't a wealthy area. My family happens to be in the middle class but I actually live in a very mixed town with many different sorts of people.

Second of all, I am not so idealistic as to believe that anyone would 'heed' my words of peace. If I did, then I wouldn't have posted this in the basement.

Thirdly, I wouldn't expect the common man to feel the same way as I do. Especially after his family is killed or his friends die. I would've thought though, after years of conflict, world leaders may have taken a hint.

Now how about taking that stick out of your ass?

FinnMacCool said:
First of all, the South Shore isn't a wealthy area. My family happens to be in the middle class but I actually live in a very mixed town with many different sorts of people.

Middle class for the US, putting it in the top 1/10th of 1% of the world.

Second of all, I am not so idealistic as to believe that anyone would 'heed' my words of peace. If I did, then I wouldn't have posted this in the basement.

Just making sure.

Thirdly, I wouldn't expect the common man to feel the same way as I do. Especially after his family is killed or his friends die. I would've thought though, after years of conflict, world leaders may have taken a hint.

Guess who elects those world leaders?

Now how about taking that stick out of your ass?

I like it, it tickles.

Middle class for the US, putting it in the top 1/10th of 1% of the world

Are we talking about towns or classes? Either way, if we are judging our standards by the rest of the world, then yeah your right. I am rich.
Just making sure.
Well no. . .your trying to antagonize me but fair enough.
Guess who elects those world leaders?

The people. So what?

FinnMacCool said:
Are we talking about towns or classes? Either way, if we are judging our standards by the rest of the world, then yeah your right. I am rich.

My point is that you have no clue how these people who you condemn so quickly for resorting to violence live.

Well no. . .your trying to antagonize me but fair enough.

Because you're making value statements without any support.

The people. So what?

I would have thought youd be able to get thins on your own. You acknowledged that the average person hasnt gotten past hatred, but wondered why leaders havent. if leaders are elected by the average person, they're going to do what they want. so, why wouldnt they act liek the average person. youre living a pipe dream.

Back
Top Bottom