• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

PlayStation Vita

The Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I recently received a PS Vita as a gift. What a nice handheld system. I love the hardware, it is awesome. I own a few great games. It sucks that this thing isn’t a widespread success, because it is a great system!

I recently received a PS Vita as a gift. What a nice handheld system. I love the hardware, it is awesome. I own a few great games. It sucks that this thing isn’t a widespread success, because it is a great system!

The cost, plus Sony’s lack of support killed it before it really had a chance. I recently got a Nintendo Switch and that has been pretty fun even though the games so far are pretty weak and it’s not much better than the Wii U. But the portability and the graphics are great. I know it has a worse resolution than my phone but it looks way better.

I have a psp I still use. The beauty of these systems is how you can buy a game on psn and download it on any compatible system you own. Lots of my old rpg favorites make great mobile games. With the vita, I believe you can get ps2 games. I'm limited to ps1 on my psp. Basically a 30$ memory card turned it into an awesome and inexpensive retro platform.

The cost, plus Sony’s lack of support killed it before it really had a chance. I recently got a Nintendo Switch and that has been pretty fun even though the games so far are pretty weak and it’s not much better than the Wii U. But the portability and the graphics are great. I know it has a worse resolution than my phone but it looks way better.

Ahh you came around to the Switch! That is my favorite game system overall.

Yeah the cost of the Vita is definitely an issue. It still sells for $200 (U.S.), and Sony has proprietary memory cards instead of using micro-SD cards. A 64 gig card is close to $80 for the Vita.

Back
Top Bottom