• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Playstation 5

That reminds me i need to let go of my FF 7-9 copies. Got 9 on mobile anyway :)
I got 60 bucks for 8. Less for 7 and 9...due to quality. I played the snot outa those 2.

I got 60 bucks for 8. Less for 7 and 9...due to quality. I played the snot outa those 2.
Afraid i wont be able to sell my 9 because one of the disks is malfunctioning and freezes at a certain point. Ill keep that in mind.

Afraid i wont be able to sell my 9 because one of the disks is malfunctioning and freezes at a certain point. Ill keep that in mind.
Does it freeze at the weird upside down castle, where you have to fight the monster that turns into your party members?

Mine froze right around there.

One of the early issues I remember was something backwards compatible games and the playstation 5 going into rest mode which caused some kind of error that bricked and I mean bricked the console.

This is an old issue so maybe its been fixed, not sure:

I have seen some analysis of heat issues related to where the internal SSD is located and it getting a bit hotter than it should because it's location in relation to the fan is not getting cooled as much as it should.

I think the real thing that bothers me and I'm hoping if my financial situation turns around, to have both this generation because I really want to play Spiderman and God of War and stuff, they look so fantastic, but the way Sony and Nintendo are approaching backwards compatibility and legacy titles compared to Microsoft is night and day.

Along with this the value of Xbox Ultimate Pass having Game Pass on Xbox, PC and soon Cloud gaming at no additional cost that will soon come to PC and iOS...

I mean I think Sony is going to suddenly and quickly find themselves on the back foot and they won't even see it coming.

They easily, easily won the last generation without any shadow of a doubt...

But Microsoft is getting very aggressive and the fact is it will still take them a couple of years, if not maybe more to get all their new acquisition studios and refocused in house studios to pump out high quality (and various size) games on a regular basis, but they could quickly find themselves king of the hill while Sony is still playing an old business model.

Time will tell.

I'm open to try other styles of RPG - as long as they don't involve frenetic, button-mashing fighting, which I find so stressful.
Lol - I just remembered Baldur's Gate infuriating jumping screen! That's my complaint about that game!

As you see, I'm sort of out-of-the-loop when it comes to new titles. I belong to the old era.
Would Elder Scroll be friendly to someone like me? :) Other RPG titles you can suggest?
If you hate button mashing avoid morrowind from the elder scrolls series, or learn to brave through early button mashing. That game takes invisible dice rolls to heart, and until you level up and build stats everything you fight requires button mashing as the rnd dice rolls never favor you and your hits always miss at low levels making battles drag out.

Playstation 5 has backward compatibility with PS4 games, right?

Kevin, what kind of PS4 console do you have?
I've been checking out PS4 consoles, and there seems to be different kinds.

Does it freeze at the weird upside down castle, where you have to fight the monster that turns into your party members?

Mine froze right around there.
It freezes at the lifa tree unfortunately

Kevin, what kind of PS4 console do you have?
I've been checking out PS4 consoles, and there seems to be different kinds.
Uh...I dont know, lol.

Its black?

Anyone bought it yet? What's your take on it?
Any glitches or bugs?

My kid and I each have a PS4 at my place (one is the PRO, the other is the SLIM), my kid has PS5 at his Mom's for about the last month. My kid has an Xbox at each house as well. So I am second hand familiar with these platforms at worst - first hand for PS4 PRO only.

We recently upgraded to fiber internet, and the PS4 does not support the full speed capability of the fiber. As such they are limited in both the download and upload connection to the internet. This issue is resolved on both the Xbox platform and the PS5. In other words a PS4 is the slowest machine for internet gaming - longer wait times in que and for data downloads/updates.

The PS4 upconverts to 4K resolution, and the PS5 is true 4k compatible. Even my old eyes can tell the difference between HULU on the fire stick vs the PS4 - no doubt that the PS4 is not up to modern digital standards. My kid claims that the PS5 at his Mom's place has a killer picture - I haven't seen it. The PS5 controller is also next generation with advanced feedback and spatial awareness functions - kind of cool.

So far, no glitches with the PS5 that I am aware of from my kid, he just complains how slow his PS4 is at my house and what a waste of fiber capability the platform is.

I will probably upgrade to the 5 (twice) within the next year or so. I am not a fan of being first on the block to jump into technology - I can wait a bit for any bugs to get worked out.

My kid and I each have a PS4 at my place (one is the PRO, the other is the SLIM), my kid has PS5 at his Mom's for about the last month. My kid has an Xbox at each house as well. So I am second hand familiar with these platforms at worst - first hand for PS4 PRO only.

We recently upgraded to fiber internet, and the PS4 does not support the full speed capability of the fiber. As such they are limited in both the download and upload connection to the internet. This issue is resolved on both the Xbox platform and the PS5. In other words a PS4 is the slowest machine for internet gaming - longer wait times in que and for data downloads/updates.

The PS4 upconverts to 4K resolution, and the PS5 is true 4k compatible. Even my old eyes can tell the difference between HULU on the fire stick vs the PS4 - no doubt that the PS4 is not up to modern digital standards. My kid claims that the PS5 at his Mom's place has a killer picture - I haven't seen it. The PS5 controller is also next generation with advanced feedback and spatial awareness functions - kind of cool.

So far, no glitches with the PS5 that I am aware of from my kid, he just complains how slow his PS4 is at my house and what a waste of fiber capability the platform is.

I will probably upgrade to the 5 (twice) within the next year or so. I am not a fan of being first on the block to jump into technology - I can wait a bit for any bugs to get worked out.
Reminds me when i used to carry my PS2 with me on flights for visitation with my parents when i was younger :p

Reminds me when i used to carry my PS2 with me on flights for visitation with my parents when i was younger :p

My kid's visitation travels are only about a half hour with no plane involved. He could have it worse than he does. I'll give my ex credit for one thing - she does spend the money I send her on the kid and not herself - at least as far as I can tell.

Never had a PS2 - my gaming lineage: Commodore 64, Nintendo (original), Desktop, PS3, PS4 pro. I like gaming as an optional pastime, but I am not a rampant lunatic about it - that is my son in law's claim to fame.

Whaaaaa? Ive never heard of that fix
Toothpaste is basically a fine polish. Mix with a little water, dab it on, then rub it off with micro fiber.

Toothpaste is basically a fine polish. Mix with a little water, dab it on, then rub it off with micro fiber.

True that. Added purpose - remove the water and rub toothpaste into your automobile headlight covers. Improve appearance and light output.

Back
Top Bottom