• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Playstation 5

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Anyone bought it yet? What's your take on it?
Any glitches or bugs?

Anyone bought it yet? What's your take on it?
Any glitches or bugs?
Have not seen enough of it recently, but last year when it hit store shelves it was nearly unplayable, people complained that demon souls(pretty much the reason many bought the console) did not work on 50% of the consoles indicating not a software glitch but manufacturing and hardware issues.

I would wait atleast a few more months to see, so far the os5 is selling good but the xbox series x seems to be delivering better quality and stability. Once the rush dies down you will be able to see for yourself which is the better console, but right now both makers are in the kick it out the door and deal with them not working later mentality, with xbox performing better but not by enough to brag about.

Not yet. The purchase of Bethesda by Micro$oft may influence my decision. If Elder Scrolls VI isn't released on the new PS console, I'll probably make the switch to XBox. I'm in no hurry.

Not yet. The purchase of Bethesda by Micro$oft may influence my decision. If Elder Scrolls VI isn't released on the new PS console, I'll probably make the switch to XBox. I'm in no hurry.

Your mention of Elder Scrolls got me googling for it. I love turn-based role-play games.
I switched from Nintendo to PlayStation because of the role-play games and backward compatibility.
I'm in no hurry too right now - I'm still enjoying my collections, playing Suikoden 3 these days.

I should read up about the Xbox.

Your mention of Elder Scrolls got me googling for it. I love turn-based role-play games.
I switched from Nintendo to PlayStation because of the role-play games and backward compatibility.
I'm in no hurry too right now - I'm still enjoying my collections, playing Suikoden 3 these days.

If you love turn based elder scrolls would be a different world, elder scrolls is more or less an action rpg using dungeon and dragon rulesets. To make it more complicated it depends on which elder scrolls game, elder scrolls 1-3 used dnd dice rolls for every move. Elder scrolls 4 still used the dnd dice roll system but greatly dumbed it down, and elder scrolls 5 pretty much eliminated it, the elimination of the dice rolls can be both good or bad depending on the type of rpg gamer you are.

Microsoft has no plans to deny any mainstream bethesda game from other companies like sony, they have however said xbox would get priority. This could simply mean xbox would get it months before the playstation, or it could mean that the xbox might get extra features or better graphics.

Either way mocrosoft is not going to deny itself profit from the bethesda piggy bank, they are going to sell on all and every console capable of the games, but it is highly likely they will give their own console an edge somehow.

If you love turn based elder scrolls would be a different world, elder scrolls is more or less an action rpg using dungeon and dragon rulesets. To make it more complicated it depends on which elder scrolls game, elder scrolls 1-3 used dnd dice rolls for every move. Elder scrolls 4 still used the dnd dice roll system but greatly dumbed it down, and elder scrolls 5 pretty much eliminated it, the elimination of the dice rolls can be both good or bad depending on the type of rpg gamer you are.

I also love certain action rpg the likes of Baldur's Gate (which I've just started playing right now), and The Bard's Tale (which first scenes are quite similar with Baldur's Gate).

I also love certain action rpg the likes of Baldur's Gate (which I've just started playing right now), and The Bard's Tale (which first scenes are quite similar with Baldur's Gate).
Baldurs gate is a fun game for those who like choices, nearly every choice in the game affects you positively or negatively. Dragon age was the spiritual successor to baldurs gate, allowing the same level of choice and punishment.

elder scrolls is kinda less like that, but more in an open world where there is no handholding or order in how you progress, who you align with, and even so much so in every elder scrolls game you can ignore the main quest entirely.

I just recently sold my old collection. Suikoden 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. I was shocked how much I got for them. 2 netted me 80 bucks alone.

It was time, id played through those games enough times. Sold my Final Fantasys, as well.

I just finished Divinity Originak Sin for ps4. Very similar to ballers gate. Working on divinity 2 now.

Baldurs gate is a fun game for those who like choices, nearly every choice in the game affects you positively or negatively. Dragon age was the spiritual successor to baldurs gate, allowing the same level of choice and punishment.

elder scrolls is kinda less like that, but more in an open world where there is no handholding or order in how you progress, who you align with, and even so much so in every elder scrolls game you can ignore the main quest entirely.

I'm open to try other styles of RPG - as long as they don't involve frenetic, button-mashing fighting, which I find so stressful.
Lol - I just remembered Baldur's Gate infuriating jumping screen! That's my complaint about that game!

As you see, I'm sort of out-of-the-loop when it comes to new titles. I belong to the old era.
Would Elder Scroll be friendly to someone like me? :) Other RPG titles you can suggest?

Last edited:
I just recently sold my old collection. Suikoden 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. I was shocked how much I got for them. 2 netted me 80 bucks alone.

It was time, id played through those games enough times. Sold my Final Fantasys, as well.

I'm having my final play with them it seems.
I got the Final Fantasy series too, Arc the Lad, Dragon Quests, Onimusha series, Lord of The Rings series, etc.,.....though most likely will end up hanging on to some of them. Debating whether to get another PS2 console for back-up since they're not expensive anymore.

Where did you sell them?

Last edited:
I just finished Divinity Originak Sin for ps4. Very similar to ballers gate. Working on divinity 2 now.

Are you aiming to get the PS5, or are you staying with PS4?

I got the Final Fantasy series too, Arc the Lad, Dragon Quests, Onimusha series, Lord of The Rings series, etc.,.....though most likely will end up hanging on to some of them. Debating whether to get another PS2 console for back-up since they're not expensive anymore.

Where did you sell them?
Online. Facebook marketplace.

Where did you sell them?
Gotta do the suikoden games in order...4,5,1,2,3

Are you aiming to get the PS5, or are you staying with PS4?
I just got the ps4 2 years ago, gonna rock that for a while before making a switch. Next game for me after divinity 2 is never winter. Found a complete edition.

I'm open to try other styles of RPG - as long as they don't involve frenetic, button-mashing fighting, which I find so stressful.
Lol - I just remembered Baldur's Gate infuriating jumping screen! That's my complaint about that game!

As you see, I'm sort of out-of-the-loop when it comes to new titles. I belong to the old era.
Would Elder Scroll be friendly to someone like me? :) Other RPG titles you can suggest?
Elder Scrolls is great. Get the re.astered Skyrim. Say goodbye to 100+ hours of your life.

Jumping in baldurs gate? Are you talking console, or computer? If you have not done Baldurs Gate, and shadows of Amn, and the expansion throne of baal...you must go to gog.com, pay the 20 bucks, and get those games. Shadows of amn is literally one of the greatest rpgs ever made.

I just got the ps4 2 years ago, gonna rock that for a while before making a switch. Next game for me after divinity 2 is never winter. Found a complete edition.

Does PS4 carry a lot of RPG titles?

Elder Scrolls is great. Get the re.astered Skyrim. Say goodbye to 100+ hours of your life.

Jumping in baldurs gate? Are you talking console, or computer? If you have not done Baldurs Gate, and shadows of Amn, and the expansion throne of baal...you must go to gog.com, pay the 20 bucks, and get those games. Shadows of amn is literally one of the greatest rpgs ever made.

Console (Baldur's Gate). Located in the thieves' guild after finishing the crypt - you have to jump onto those round platforms that randomly fall as you touched them. I don't want to get into online gaming though.

Console (Baldur's Gate). Located in the thieves' guild after finishing the crypt - you have to jump onto those round platforms that randomly fall as you touched them. I don't want to get into online gaming though.
Baldurs gate for PC is offline. Its from the late 90s. Uses D and D 5E rules. Epic game. And you can run it on any computer now, flawleslly.

That reminds me i need to let go of my FF 7-9 copies. Got 9 on mobile anyway :)

Because of mods i wont play elder scrolls or GTA on console ever again :p.

Too soon and Sony has a history of 'issues' with 1st rounds of the newest generation of platforms, I'll wait a bit.

As far as ps 5 goes it is backwards compatible though my local gamestop isnt getting any til may D:

Back
Top Bottom