• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Playing The Patriotism Card

Liberal rhetoric goes from legitimate dissent to siding with the enemy when they:

• Total voters
aquapub said:
-Conservative books sell like crazy, liberal books always bomb: Conservatives read, liberals don't.

So, are you saying that textbooks and books on Buddhism don't count as reading? Maybe liberals are spending more time thinking for themselves rather than reading about what they should be thinking?

aquapub said:
It is hysterically unreasonable to to fixate on a single flaw (especially as ignorantly as she does-you can tell she is a dropout) with the founders and use it to negate their astonishing accomplishment. She hates this country, its founding, everything about it. She is for anything that undoes what it stands for. She is anti-white, anti-Christian, anti-male, anti-America...that's what this is about.

That is what's wrong with this. Of course, the bigger problem is that it needs explained to anyone.

I think the problem is that you see everything in black and white (or appear to at least). Especially as far as your statement that she's anti-America. Just because someone voices her opinions on what she doesn't like about this country doesn't mean she doesn't like the country at all. You can't make blanket statements like "she hates this country ... everything about it." She obviously doesn't hate everything about it or she wouldn't live here.

afr0byte said:
I think the problem is that you see everything in black and white (or appear to at least). Especially as far as your statement that she's anti-America. Just because someone voices her opinions on what she doesn't like about this country doesn't mean she doesn't like the country at all. You can't make blanket statements like "she hates this country ... everything about it." She obviously doesn't hate everything about it or she wouldn't live here.

Um...did we read the same quote? She CLEARLY hates this country. She quite thoroughly spelled that out!

Talk about bias!

aquapub said:
Um...did we read the same quote? She CLEARLY hates this country. She quite thoroughly spelled that out!

Talk about bias!

Um it's not clear at all from that quote that she hates this country. In fact she states that she likes parts of it.

afr0byte said:
So, are you saying that textbooks and books on Buddhism don't count as reading? Maybe liberals are spending more time thinking for themselves rather than reading about what they should be thinking?

:lol:

The "education" liberals get in college is a perfect example of being unthinkingly spoonfed what to think.

Conservatives independantly buy books BECAUSE they think for themselves. Liberals take their feeding of university-funded liberal propaganda and regurgitate it like sheep.

Nice try.

afr0byte said:
Um it's not clear at all from that quote that she hates this country. In fact she states that she likes parts of it.

ATTENTION ALL...

Let's have a show of hands...How many people here think "it's not clear at all" that this woman (who gets "offended" by even having to see a symbol of this country) hates America?:

“Our country is founded on a sham: our forefathers were slave-owning rich white guys who wanted it their way. So when I see the American flag, I go, ‘Oh my God, you’re insulting me.’ That you can have a gay pride parade on Christopher Street in New York, with naked men and women on a float cheering, ‘We’re here, we’re queer’-that’s what makes my heart swell. Not the flag, but a gay naked man or woman burning the flag. I get choked up with pride.” –Janeane Garofalo.

Give me a break. If you can't be more honest than this, there is nothing to talk about. :roll:

Adios.

aquapub said:
:lol:

The "education" liberals get in college is a perfect example of being unthinkingly spoonfed what to think.

Conservatives independantly buy books BECAUSE they think for themselves. Liberals take their feeding of university-funded liberal propaganda and regurgitate it like sheep.

Nice try.

So, you didn't go to college? No one at school ever told me what to think. They encouraged free thought.

As far as conservative books, are you telling me that people buy these right-wing books because they want to analyze what the authors are saying? I'd wager they're buying them for the arguments against liberals. I've seen multiple conservatives on this forum regurgitate O'Reilly propaganda.

aquapub said:
ATTENTION ALL...

Let's have a show of hands...How many people here think "it's not clear at all" that this woman (who gets "offended" by even having to see a symbol of this country) hates America?:

“Our country is founded on a sham: our forefathers were slave-owning rich white guys who wanted it their way. So when I see the American flag, I go, ‘Oh my God, you’re insulting me.’ That you can have a gay pride parade on Christopher Street in New York, with naked men and women on a float cheering, ‘We’re here, we’re queer’-that’s what makes my heart swell. Not the flag, but a gay naked man or woman burning the flag. I get choked up with pride.” –Janeane Garofalo.

Give me a break. If you can't be more honest than this, there is nothing to talk about. :roll:

Adios.

Um, just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean that I wasn't being honest when I said what I said.

aquapub said:
-Blacks score at the very bottom of every aptitude/proficiency/knowledge test that has ever tracked race: 90%+ vote for Democrats.

-Criminals: vote 90%+ for Democrats.

-Hollywood celebrities almost without exception are high school or college dropouts: 90%+ vote for Democrats.

-Labor unions (legalized mafias that protect low rent-usually incompetent- workers): vote overwhelmingly for Democrats.

-College students (who are, by definition, uneducated, and usually unwise): vote for Democrats.

-It is well established that people become more conservative with age and experience: Once people have graduated college and had some real world experience, THEN they turn conservative.

-Conservative books sell like crazy, liberal books always bomb: Conservatives read, liberals don't.

Oh, but people who have recently spent a great deal of time in a hotbed of liberal rhetoric and sentiment seem to be liberal? And you want to use that to prop up this notion that liberals are educated and conservatives aren't? Spare me.
SHow us your sources for these 90% stats.
Also just to point it out. you are aware also that women predominenty vote for dems as well?

aquapub said:
Oh, Jesus! I'm not defending slavery.
No, you quite clearly defend white supremecy.

aquapub said:
Anyone who's received an education at a university will clearly disagree with you. This is simpleton arrogance. Perhaps you should go to a University and get a degree instead of rambling about how deformed universities are. Free thought, that's what universities teach, perhaps going to one you can change those liberal ideologies that you claim universitied spoon feed.

aquapub said:
Un huh.
Conservatives also go to universities for degrees, liberals also buy books freely. You have a source to show for your claim?

aquapub said:
ATTENTION ALL...

Let's have a show of hands...How many people here think "it's not clear at all" that this woman (who gets "offended" by even having to see a symbol of this country) hates America?
It is not clear at all.

-It is well established that people become more conservative with age and experience: Once people have graduated college and had some real world experience, THEN they turn conservative.

true, its more indicative of the fact that with age and experience, you tend to want a stable society rather than change. You tend to be less of a risk taker. Younger people want change, are ready to accept new social norms. Older generations tend to stick to old norms, tend to be more stubborn in what they believe. Young people tend to be brash about wanting change quickly, while older generations tend to over-analzye the negative consequences of change. Its this balance that helps a society accept change smoothly.

aquapub said:
-College students (who are, by definition, uneducated, and usually unwise): vote for Democrats.

Thanks aquapub, we couln't have made a better argument as to which side is more educated than by just looking at your post. Unfortunately for you it helps liberals as opposed to conservatives.

1. College students are less educated than high school graduates? So if you become conservative when you graduate high school and go work in the mines then you are (by "definition" as you say) more educated? Do you know the definition of the word "definition"? Doesn't seam like it. Its called POST-secondary education, which by the ACTUAL definition means that they are currently optaining MORE education than you would by only completing secondary education (i.e. high school). As for the unwise part, that was completely made up so there is no reason to waste my time arguing with you.

2. Graduating college typically turns you into a decacrat (by the statistics). Experience has no bearing on political party affiliation. That would mean that there are no old demacrats which is quite obviously a false statement. As a poster has already said, age turns people conservative because they are less willing to accept change. Just look at how many older people don't know how to use computers. Does that mean that computers are bad, or that they just don't want to learn something knew? Use your head.

3. Conservative buy CONSERVATIVE books like crazy. They love having others feed them with ideas that they already desprately cling to. Without this reasurance that others feel the same way they would have to change their views. Liberals buy books that deal with issues that help them expand their minds. Perhaps liberals don't need to buy a book written by other Liberals because they don't need the reasurance that what they believe is right. They already know that.

You need to do better than make those kind of futile arguments here aquapub. I would think by now that you would have already known that but obviously I was wrong.

I don't think that getting negative images of slavery when you see the flag makes you hate america. Grow up, just because somebody has a different opinion than you doesn't mean they hate america. America is diverse, you need to accept that.

mnpollock said:
I don't think that getting negative images of slavery when you see the flag makes you hate america. .

This is good. Very good. Getting negative images when you look at American flag is not a desciption of hating America? Does it all depend on of what is the definition of YES ? Can anybody argue to a college graduate- liberal? Any reasons to argue?

justone said:
This is good. Very good. Getting negative images when you look at American flag is not a desciption of hating America? Does it all depend on of what is the definition of YES ? Can anybody argue to a college graduate- liberal? Any reasons to argue?

Um, it could mean you hate America but it doesn't necessarily mean that. You could get negative images of a particular president you don't like, for example, but it doesn't mean you hate the entire country.

afr0byte said:
Um, it could mean you hate America but it doesn't necessarily mean that. You could get negative images of a particular president you don't like, for example, but it doesn't mean you hate the entire country.

Let me repeat for those who are college educated:
1. getting negative images when you see a particular president you don't like does not mean you hate the entire country.
2. getting negative images when you see any President most likely means you hate the entire country.

And -the only thing - I said:

getting negative images when you see the American flag ALWAYS makes you hate America. No variants. Unless you are a college educated liberal and your life depends on definition of Yes. In such case there is no reason to argue with you.

justone said:
getting negative images when you see the American flag ALWAYS makes you hate America. No variants. Unless you are a college educated liberal and your life depends on definition of Yes. In such case there is no reason to argue with you.

Um, obviously there are variants. Perhaps you would know this if you had pursued more than just a high school education. Let's take a simple example. You can hate the flag because you hate the color red, for example. If someone wanted the colors of the flag to be changed, does that mean they hate America?

afr0byte said:
Um, obviously there are variants. Perhaps you would know this if you had pursued more than just a high school education. Let's take a simple example. You can hate the flag because you hate the color red, for example. If someone wanted the colors of the flag to be changed, does that mean they hate America?

Why are you even trying to argue with him? He's obviously being irrational. Everybody else here realizes life isn't black and white.

mnpollock said:
Why are you even trying to argue with him? He's obviously being irrational. Everybody else here realizes life isn't black and white.

Yeah, I suppose I shouldn't bother.

afr0byte said:
Yeah, I suppose I shouldn't bother.

If anybody hates america its him. After all he hates liberals and they make up 50% of america. The flag only makes up .00000001%.

mnpollock said:
If anybody hates america its him. After all he hates liberals and they make up 50% of america. The flag only makes up .00000001%.
That's not entirely true. When you look at the distribution on a area basis, yes, it seems 50/50. However if you look at population distribution, since nearly all the liberals are condensed into only specific regions of the US (large urban areas) You will then notice that actually liberals out number conservatives. The ratio is not very wide though but around 1:1.5 conservatives vs liberals. Don't take my word for it, just look at the 2000 elections.

Back
Top Bottom