• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Play it down': Trump admits to concealing the truth about COVID. What type of murder is that?

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Bob Woodward book 'Rage:' Trump admits to concealing true threat of coronavirus - CNNPolitics

"In a series of interviews with Woodward, Trump revealed that he had a surprising level of detail about the threat of the virus earlier than previously known. "Pretty amazing," Trump told Woodward, adding that the coronavirus was maybe five times "more deadly" than the flu.

"I wanted to always play it down," Trump told Woodward on March 19, even as he had declared a national emergency over the virus days earlier. "I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

Old folks. Are you listening?

Fauci says Trump's coronavirus policy decisions helped save lives

Once again:

July 31, 2020
Testifying before Congress on Friday, Dr. Anthony Fauci repeatedly credited President Trump for coronavirus policy decisions that saved lives.

Those measures included Trump’s decisions to ban flights from China, the UK and the rest of Europe, and the administration’s “Fifteen Days to Slow the Spread” quarantine policy, initially ordered in mid-March and then extended to a total 30 days.

Appearing before the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Response, Fauci said he participated in, and approved of, all of those policies — and that he believes they all resulted in the saving of lives.

Pelosi is going to overplay this silver platter served up by Woodward.........

Bob Woodward book 'Rage:' Trump admits to concealing true threat of coronavirus - CNNPolitics

"In a series of interviews with Woodward, Trump revealed that he had a surprising level of detail about the threat of the virus earlier than previously known. "Pretty amazing," Trump told Woodward, adding that the coronavirus was maybe five times "more deadly" than the flu.

"I wanted to always play it down," Trump told Woodward on March 19, even as he had declared a national emergency over the virus days earlier. "I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

The party of anti-science strikes again...

“This is deadly stuff,” Trump told Woodward Feb. 7, 3 weeks before first US Covid death. “Pretty amazing,” Trump said, offering a surprising level of detail, adding it was maybe five times “more deadly” than the flu. But Trump continued to downplay the threat over the next month.

i'm always a bit amazed when he just flat out admits the shady **** that he's doing. i suppose you can do that when your base won't abandon you for any reason.

The best evidence to date that Trump neither cares about people or really anything else but himself.

“This is deadly stuff,” Trump told Woodward Feb. 7, 3 weeks before first US Covid death. “Pretty amazing,” Trump said, offering a surprising level of detail, adding it was maybe five times “more deadly” than the flu. But Trump continued to downplay the threat over the next month.

worst president in my lifetime. maybe ever.

Pelosi is going to overplay this silver platter served up by Woodward.........

Sure, she is somewhat competent when it comes to political theatrics.

i'm always a bit amazed when he just flat out admits the shady **** that he's doing. i suppose you can do that when your base won't abandon you for any reason.

it's really because of a few things.

Rush and Sean have prepared the base to accept anything. They are in a race war for their social standing. They have limited time left to return the country to 1840 or 1940.

Once again:

July 31, 2020
Testifying before Congress on Friday, Dr. Anthony Fauci repeatedly credited President Trump for coronavirus policy decisions that saved lives.

Those measures included Trump’s decisions to ban flights from China, the UK and the rest of Europe, and the administration’s “Fifteen Days to Slow the Spread” quarantine policy, initially ordered in mid-March and then extended to a total 30 days.

Appearing before the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Response, Fauci said he participated in, and approved of, all of those policies — and that he believes they all resulted in the saving of lives.

From the Woodward book: "Dr. Anthony Fauci, the administration's top infectious disease expert, is quoted telling others Trump's leadership was "rudderless" and that his "attention span is like a minus number."". Mycroft have the day off?

I just heard some of the recorded interviews Woodward did with Trump back in February. Trump, himself, told Woodward that the Coronavirus is as much as 5X more deadly as “the most strenuous flu”, and that the virus can be spread through the air. Meanwhile, Trump was telling the public that the Coronavirus wasn’t a big deal, just a handful of cases in the U.S. and those would be recovering soon, and worse, mocking and attacking medical professionals for insisting that Americans wear masks.

How many Americans died because they trusted Trump’s lies?

There is no excuse. Trump betrayed all of us.

Recordings of Trump acknowledging to Woodward how much he actually knew about the deadly virus included in link;

Were you waiting on Trump to tell you the kung flu is bad ****? :lamo

If there was ever going to be a nail in Trump’s political coffin, it damned sure ought to be this one!

The best evidence to date that Trump neither cares about people or really anything else but himself.

and then we add it to his thousands of lies (that no human could possibly remember), no national plan on heathcare/COVID (which they don't care about) and trashing military, christians and old people and you'd think he'd lose in a landslide.

their hate drives them. it's a religious type war and Trump really is their savior.

If there was ever going to be a nail in Trump’s political coffin, it damned sure ought to be this one!

but, remember, their hate drives them and Rush/Sean prepared them to accept the lowest scum possible.

Once again:

July 31, 2020

A cult release?

I just heard some of the recorded interviews Woodward did with Trump back in February. Trump, himself, told Woodward that the Coronavirus is as much as 5X more deadly as “the most strenuous flu”, and that the virus can be spread through the air. Meanwhile, Trump was telling the public that the Coronavirus wasn’t a big deal, just a handful of cases in the U.S. and those would be recovering soon, and worse, mocking and attacking medical professionals for insisting that Americans wear masks.

How many Americans died because they trusted Trump’s lies?

There is no excuse. Trump betrayed all of us.

Recordings of Trump acknowledging to Woodward how much he actually knew about the deadly virus included in link;

isn't it "murder by politician"?

^ Thinks Trump created the kung flu. :lamo

^ a lie

look. we've watched Trump supporters frantically scramble to defend and divert after every horrible Trump tweet/comment/action. you're one of the best. you get in early and do damage control as hard as you can. you really should be on the Trump payroll.

just make sure you jump off the Trump wagon before it crashes. it won't be pretty (lawsuits, more tapes/video, etc). and then you should swear that you never supported him. that's the ticket.

it's really because of a few things.

Rush and Sean have prepared the base to accept anything. They are in a race war for their social standing. They have limited time left to return the country to 1840 or 1940.

i guess that i'm fairly far out of the fox loop these days, as i almost never watch it or click it. it's easy to forget the power of its propaganda. they've always been better at it than MSDNC.

Kiss that <sic> Noble Prize goodbye!

It gets better!

D05AA1DE-0AC7-4846-B060-5A9DE2C24413.jpg

Back
Top Bottom