• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Play it down': Trump admits to concealing the truth about COVID. What type of murder is that?

I just heard some of the recorded interviews Woodward did with Trump back in February. Trump, himself, told Woodward that the Coronavirus is as much as 5X more deadly as “the most strenuous flu”, and that the virus can be spread through the air. Meanwhile, Trump was telling the public that the Coronavirus wasn’t a big deal, just a handful of cases in the U.S. and those would be recovering soon, and worse, mocking and attacking medical professionals for insisting that Americans wear masks.

How many Americans died because they trusted Trump’s lies?

There is no excuse. Trump betrayed all of us.

Recordings of Trump acknowledging to Woodward how much he actually knew about the deadly virus included in link;
Bob Woodward book 'Rage:' Trump admits to concealing true threat of coronavirus - CNNPolitics

if Trump wasn't the President wouldn't there be wrongful death lawsuits?

Then you know exactly how people can get drunk listening to them. It's intoxicating.

they say it until that's what you actually think. if there are a couple things you don't agree with, you can just wall it off in the cognitive dissonance compartment. they become your daily commute "friends." then you go home and watch some fox to wash the pill down. i did that for a bit until i called bull**** on it.

How crazy is it that one reporter is going to potentially bring down the 2 most corrupt Republican presidents in the modern era?

That's an interesting point. Woodward brought down Nixon and now Trump.

If you're a voter and you don't care that Trump is on tape being negligent about this virus then you're at cult level attachment to Trump.

Trump should resign. He should fly away in his helicopter like Nixon did.

Also, not that Trump was doing exactly what he blamed China of doing.

Barr has got to be thinking: "****, how is my "October Surprise" supposed to keep up with the Democrats "Daily Surprise ... Sssss?

too much Trump corruption/lies to cover up.

If you're a voter and you don't care that Trump is on tape being negligent about this virus then you're at cult level attachment to Trump.

Trump should resign.

But he has no integrity.

liberals get punked again.

Zeke Miller
@ZekeJMiller
Fauci on Fox: "Often he would want to, you know, make sure that the country doesn't get down and out about things, but I don't recall anything that was any gross distortion in things that I spoke to him about."

craasch
@craasch
#Fauci on @FOXNEWS regarding @realDonaldTrump book: "I don't recall anything that was a gross distortion in anything I was talking to him about." Says "I don't recall" saying, as Woodward reported, that Trump had no attention span and was solely focused on re-election

Matt Whitlock
@mattdizwhitlock
Dr. Fauci on Fox right now providing some good answers to this Woodward news boomlet.

Fauci also suggests Woodward's account that he (Fauci) criticized the President are false, points out that Woodward got quotes attributed to Fauci second- or third-hand.

on Nicosia
@NewsPolitics
QUESTION: Did you get any sense that President Trump was downplaying the coronavirus.

"No, no, I didn’t. I didn’t get any sense that he was distorting anything." - Dr. Anthony Fauci

Remember the rules libs.
We need to listen to the experts!

LAFFRIOT!!!!!!!

Zeke Miller
@ZekeJMiller
Fauci on Fox: "Often he would want to, you know, make sure that the country doesn't get down and out about things, but I don't recall anything that was any gross distortion in things that I spoke to him about."

craasch
@craasch
#Fauci on @FOXNEWS regarding @realDonaldTrump book: "I don't recall anything that was a gross distortion in anything I was talking to him about." Says "I don't recall" saying, as Woodward reported, that Trump had no attention span and was solely focused on re-election

Matt Whitlock
@mattdizwhitlock
Dr. Fauci on Fox right now providing some good answers to this Woodward news boomlet.

Fauci also suggests Woodward's account that he (Fauci) criticized the President are false, points out that Woodward got quotes attributed to Fauci second- or third-hand.

on Nicosia
@NewsPolitics
QUESTION: Did you get any sense that President Trump was downplaying the coronavirus.

"No, no, I didn’t. I didn’t get any sense that he was distorting anything." - Dr. Anthony Fauci

Remember the rules libs.

LAFFRIOT!!!!!!!

Trump is on tape.

KLATTU, I think it's over. Trump will be remembered as a disastrous one-term president elected by the dumbest people in America

And we all heard Trump calling it a Democrat Hoax and having rallies. He still has rallies and still discourages wearing a mask. He's totally incompetent. At least Biden is competent.

Last edited:
Trump should resign.

But he has no integrity.

Almost any other president would be forced to resign by his own party. But Trump doesn't have a party. He has a cult.

Zeke Miller
@ZekeJMiller

craasch
@craasch

Matt Whitlock
@mattdizwhitlock

on Nicosia
@NewsPolitics

Remember the rules libs.

LAFFRIOT!!!!!!!

The Trump Tapes.

these don't have erased gaps.

Zeke Miller
@ZekeJMiller

craasch
@craasch

Matt Whitlock
@mattdizwhitlock

on Nicosia
@NewsPolitics

Remember the rules libs.

LAFFRIOT!!!!!!!
I realize that it is virtually impossible for you to do so, but do you think you can, just this one time, respond directly to facts in evidence without deflecting, spinning, or flat out denying?

In February, Trump told Woodward that Coronavirus is much deadlier than even a “strenuous” flu, that Coronavirus is up to 5X more deadly, and that Coronavirus can be spread through the air.

We know this because we are able to listen to recordings of him saying so.

At the same time, and over the months since then, as many more Americans were dying, Trump deliberately lied again and again to the American public about the dangers of Coronavirus, saying there were only a handful of cases and that those people would be better soon, that testing supplies were adequate, that anyone wanting a test could get one, that the administration was supplying those states that needed additional ventilators.

We know this too, because we have seen/heard Trump say so many times.

Throughout the entire crisis (yeah, it is crisis), Trump has routinely downplayed the importance of social distancing and wearing masks, routinely mocking, insulting, and attacking those officials who refuse to toe the party line.

Again, facts we know not because others relayed them, but because we have watched and heard Trump with our own eyes and ears.

Knowing these truths, what justification can you argue for Trump’s words and deeds that, no doubt, have directly contributed to more unnecessary deaths in America?

Supported factual arguments only, please.

I realize that it is virtually impossible for you to do so, but do you think you can, just this one time, respond directly to facts in evidence without deflecting, spinning, or flat out denying?

In February, Trump told Woodward that Coronavirus is much deadlier than even a “strenuous” flu, that Coronavirus is up to 5X more deadly, and that Coronavirus can be spread through the air.

We know this because we are able to listen to recordings of him saying so.

At the same time, and over the months since then, as many more Americans were dying, Trump deliberately lied again and again to the American public about the dangers of Coronavirus, saying there were only a handful of cases and that those people would be better soon, that testing supplies were adequate, that anyone wanting a test could get one, that the administration was supplying those states that needed additional ventilators.

We know this too, because we have seen/heard Trump say so many times.

Throughout the entire crisis (yeah, it is crisis), Trump has routinely downplayed the importance of social distancing and wearing masks, routinely mocking, insulting, and attacking those officials who refuse to toe the party line.

Again, facts we know not because others relayed them, but because we have watched and heard Trump with our own eyes and ears.

Knowing these truths, what justification can you argue for Trump’s words and deeds that, no doubt, have directly contributed to more unnecessary deaths in America?

Supported factual arguments only, please.

Trump, supporters gather in NC without masks (despite request from local GOP Official)

Bob Woodward book 'Rage:' Trump admits to concealing true threat of coronavirus - CNNPolitics

"In a series of interviews with Woodward, Trump revealed that he had a surprising level of detail about the threat of the virus earlier than previously known. "Pretty amazing," Trump told Woodward, adding that the coronavirus was maybe five times "more deadly" than the flu.

"I wanted to always play it down," Trump told Woodward on March 19, even as he had declared a national emergency over the virus days earlier. "I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

Old folks. Are you listening?
Already a thread on this. It's Woodward. Believe what you want. "Play it down" by cutting off inbound traffic from China in January, and from Europe about the same time as the interviews? Oh, and mention the thread in the State of the Union Address in EARLY FEBRUARY. As I recall it was the Dems like Pelosi. Biden, and Cuomo who were playing down.

they say it until that's what you actually think. if there are a couple things you don't agree with, you can just wall it off in the cognitive dissonance compartment. they become your daily commute "friends." then you go home and watch some fox to wash the pill down. i did that for a bit until i called bull**** on it.

it's a form of brainwashing. not exactly sure what the specific name for it is (like in scientific circles) but it some form of that.

think about this...

there are some voters (i bet some on this very board) who voted twice for Nixon and twice for Trump (counting the next election).

Last edited:
Already a thread on this. It's Woodward. Believe what you want. "Play it down" by cutting off inbound traffic from China in January, and from Europe about the same time as the interviews? Oh, and mention the thread in the State of the Union Address in EARLY FEBRUARY. As I recall it was the Dems like Pelosi. Biden, and Cuomo who were playing down.

Tapes

Back
Top Bottom