• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Plastic surgery for Teen-agers should be illegal!

If you want to let your children drink under your supervision go right ahead, it is your right. My family is in the liquor business and I wasn't allowed to drink until I reached 21 even in the presence of my parents.
I just don't want to see teen-agers getting plastic surgery out of peer pressure, if the public decides 18 is old enough, so be it, I personally feel 20 or 21 would be more appropriate. But again that is my view and I am not willing to force my view on others. I do feel some age should be decided upon.
As far as the death penalty goes, I am against it just because the cost associated with the court system. Keep them locked up.

How do you propose that we set this up legally?

Other examples given indicate that it really is personal choice. The idea that plastic surgery underage is wrong is mearly an opinion and unfortunatly I am not sure it can hold water in the law books.

In short, I agree 100% with you - but I am unsure that anything can be done.

What is the difference between allowing parents to give kids alcohol and allowing parents to sign for kids to have surgery? Not in opinion, but in the eyes of the courts.
(This is only relivant in states that allow parental suprevised drinking)

he continues to say the same things over and over, yet he doesn't respond to my arguement.

Age restriction?

In my opinion, it is too minor a case for age restriction.
For the harmful effects, I understand where you're coming from. That we should just let the body develop and wait for a teenager to turn into an adult to be SURE of what she's doing before ACTUALLY performing something that might harm her for the rest of her life.

But give that teenager a break, it's her body. Her freedom to do whatever she wants with it, and even if she wants to scorch herself with acid, who could blame her? It's just the way she's brought up.

Back
Top Bottom