• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Planning to see the next Star Trek out later this month?

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I can't wait. You?

i love the new crew. I guess we might see Sulu, but, of course, he's passed. What a shame.

I can't wait. You?

i love the new crew. I guess we might see Sulu, but, of course, he's passed. What a shame.

I'm planning to see it, too. But I hope it's not as much of a disappointment as Independent Day: Resurgence was for me.

I'm planning to see it, too. But I hope it's not as much of a disappointment as Independent Day: Resurgence was for me.

I didn't see that one. The ST franchise is SO valuable, I hope theit the quality high.

Did you mean to say 'he passed' as opposed to 'he's passed' (dead)? I don't think George Takei is dead, is he?

No! The new Sulu. Wait! I went to look for a link and can't find it. Am I losing my mind?? Anyone?? Isn't he the guy whose car ran over him when he stopped to get his mail? Or have I had a glass of wine too many? HELP!

I didn't see that one. The ST franchise is SO valuable, I hope theit the quality high.

I didn't find the new Independence Day all that great of a movie. I got more enjoyment out of X-Men: Apocalypse and Purge: Election Year than I did out of that one.

But this is going to be my first time watching a Star Trek movie in theatres, so I'm pretty exited, and I'm personally not even a big fan of the Star Trek series.

I didn't find the new Independence Day all that great of a movie. I got more enjoyment out of X-Men: Apocalypse and Purge: Election Year than I did out of that one.

Which is saying a lot because those latter two films were schlock (okay, Purge: Election Year was marginally better than schlock).

Which is saying a lot because those latter two films were schlock.

Yep. Apocalypse just fell off the mark with the character development, and Election Year is alright if you turn your brain off (like your average Michael Bay movie).

No! The new Sulu. Wait! I went to look for a link and can't find it. Am I losing my mind?? Anyone?? Isn't he the guy whose car ran over him when he stopped to get his mail? Or have I had a glass of wine too many? HELP!

The new Chekov. Sad story that.

Such a freak senseless accident. I understand the car itself had problems. Recall? I'm not sure about that, but...

Called pull the parking brake and live. Poor guy.

I can't wait. You?

Yes, big Trekkie here. Always see the films and I have watched every series. I have bigger expectations with this one because I didn't like Into Darkness at all, though ST: Beyond had some early production issues. It seems everything has been straightened out from the looks of the trailer.

I loved ST 2009. I think my least favorite movie, out of every movie in the franchise was Into Darkness. It just wasn't that well done to me. So From this new series, It was great how everybody channeled the original cast. It was a perfect cast too. I think Anton Yelchin was one of the better ones. You could tell he wanted to mirror Walter Koenig by practicing a thicker Russian accent than he probably had. I still have a bit of a problem with Zachary Quinto his Spock is a bit too emotional for me, but maybe that's the point.

Let there be Klingons in this one... Please!

Yes, big Trekkie here. Always see the films and I have watched every series. I have bigger expectations with this one because I didn't like Into Darkness at all, though ST: Beyond had some early production issues. It seems everything has been straightened out from the looks of the trailer.

I loved ST 2009. I think my least favorite movie, out of every movie in the franchise was Into Darkness. It just wasn't that well done to me. So From this new series, It was great how everybody channeled the original cast. It was a perfect cast too. I think Anton Yelchin was one of the better ones. You could tell he wanted to mirror Walter Koenig by practicing a thicker Russian accent than he probably had. I still have a bit of a problem with Zachary Quinto his Spock is a bit too emotional for me, but maybe that's the point.

Ooo. I just love your critique!

If I hear it is good I will consider it, but I have not been happy with this franchise of late so it will probably wait till I run into it in the after market. This historically for me can take a decade or two, I just last night finally got to "defending your Life".....25 years after it came out. I was in Germany at the time and did not see a lot of American films.

I loved the original series, even though it was on Friday nights when we as kids wanted to go out and about. Saw all of the original movies in theatres, but unfortunately they were largely crap unless you loved the characters from the series.

But these reboot movies, they finally did a reboot the right way. These are what Trek movies should have been from the start. I'll definitely see the new one.

Concur, It was bad enough that they have lost me till I have some reason to think that this franchise is back to quality.

Ooo. I just love your critique!

So everybody knows that CBS is making a new Star Trek TV Show right? From the sound of it it will take place before Next Gen but after TOS. It will be online only with a $6 per month charge, but to any real fan that is totally worth it to me! Plus I like CBS and most of their shows anyway.

So everybody knows that CBS is making a new Star Trek TV Show right? From the sound of it it will take place before Next Gen but after TOS. It will be online only with a $6 per month charge, but to any real fan that is totally worth it to me! Plus I like CBS and most of their shows anyway.

I didn't know. Goin surfin.

Such a freak senseless accident. I understand the car itself had problems. Recall? I'm not sure about that, but...

Chrysler/Jeep uses a knob instead of a lever now for their gear selector - just rotate the knob to the gear position you want and it is supposed to send an electronic signal to an actuator on the transmission to place the transmission in Park, Drive, Reverse or whatever. No mechanical linkage from the gear selector to the transmission anymore.

Apparently it doesn't always work so well. Fail to turn the knob all the way to the position you want and it could end up in neutral - which is apparently what happened.

Just another in a long list of reasons why friends don't let friends buy Chrysler/Jeep products. My boss sent his 14' Grand Cherokee back under Lemon Law with transmission problems on the long list of things they couldn't figure out how to fix.

Back
Top Bottom