• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Planned software update - Saturday, 4/17/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'm wrapping up testing of the latest version of xF to ensure it works with all of our add-ons. Blogs are coming as well as a few other features that will be rolled out over time. Barring any major issues coming up in the next 2 days, the plan is to take the site down for a couple of hours on Saturday to perform the upgrade. I'll post more info when we get closer to the weekend.

I'm wrapping up testing of the latest version of xF to ensure it works with all of our add-ons. Blogs are coming as well as a few other features that will be rolled out over time. Barring any major issues coming up in the next 2 days, the plan is to take the site down for a couple of hours on Saturday to perform the upgrade. I'll post more info when we get closer to the weekend.

Will the Blogs feature be able to reinstate our old ones?

If not, would we be able to repost, or at least link them in the new system?

Will the Blogs feature be able to reinstate our old ones?

If not, would we be able to repost, or at least link them in the new system?
The old ones are already here but they look like a forum now. The upgrade will make them look like blogs again.

Thanks for the heads-up Red, appreciate all you do here. 👍

Thanks for letting us know Red! Also, a yuge Thank You for all the testing and updating to DP that you do!! 🍻

To what version will you be updating? I am eagerly awaiting an implemented fix to the bug I've previously noted where pasting text results in spaces inserted at the beginning and end of the text block.

Sounds like they might have fixed it, but only in a beta version?

To what version will you be updating? I am eagerly awaiting an implemented fix to the bug I've previously noted where pasting text results in spaces inserted at the beginning and end of the text block.

Sounds like they might have fixed it, but only in a beta version?
This should be resolved in the update (fingers crossed).

Are we getting more add-ons? If so, what will they be?

Are we getting more add-ons? If so, what will they be?
There are no plans for any additional add-ons. There are new features with the upgrade that will be rolled out over time with Blogs being the first.

Thanks for all you do Red as anyone can see you're constantly on the job until it's done -- many jobs.

I can't access my current last page of my Cadet thread in the military forum. In my browser the current last page is #22.

Here is the message I keep getting instead, as it's been a week of my not being able to access the page, although I can almost always access the thread and any other page of the thread except the current last page, which as I note in my browser is page 22....

################

Internal Server Error​

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@debatepolitics.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

###############

Every action I try to perform gets this notice instead. Can you check it out plse thx?

Thanks for all you do Red as anyone can see you're constantly on the job until it's done -- many jobs.

I can't access my current last page of my Cadet thread in the military forum. In my browser the current last page is #22.

Here is the message I keep getting instead, as it's been a week of my not being able to access the page, although I can almost always access the thread and any other page of the thread except the current last page, which as I note in my browser is page 22....

################

Internal Server Error​

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@debatepolitics.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

###############

Every action I try to perform gets this notice instead. Can you check it out plse thx?
Strange, I'll look into this later.

Yes, that's my reaction for sure -- very strange indeed.

Okay thx, I'll look forward to hearing from you when you can find out something.
Nothing so far. It looks like there is bad code in a post on the 22nd page. I'll work on this later this week.

Nothing so far. It looks like there is bad code in a post on the 22nd page. I'll work on this later this week.
Okay, thx.

I'm in China always battling the censors which very likely explains the "bad code," ie, corrupted by an attack of the censors. I have computer security systems of course yet that's what the censors attack first and hardest.

Until recently I used to lose the DP security code connection and have to sign in again, which is all it took for me to reconnect. I haven't had this problem for many months now. So it seems I have a new problem of bad code being executed at a DP page and thread by China censors. Indeed, I was making a positive post about Japan National Defense Academy when the page was disrupted, then and only then -- not an instant before then.

I appreciate your assistance Red in this now. I can handle a lot of the problems myself but my computer security systems being corrupted by Chinese censors is beyond me when it comes to codes I never see or know.

Hi Red,

I still can't access my page 22 of the cadet thread at the military forum.

The no access notice says "due to internal sever error."

Is there anything you can co?

Hi Red,

I still can't access my page 22 of the cadet thread at the military forum.

The no access notice says "due to internal sever error."

Is there anything you can co?
I haven't had time to dig deeper into this, yet.

Hi Red,

Same for several weeks now....

This page isn’t working right now​

debatepolitics.com can't currently handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

I'd appreciate anything DP might be able to do thanks again.

Hi Red,

Same for several weeks now....

This page isn’t working right now​

debatepolitics.com can't currently handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

I'd appreciate anything DP might be able to do thanks again.
Schweddy and I have both looked at this and we're unable to find a solution. Perhaps it's time to let that thread go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom