• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Planned Parenthood clinics to help register voters [W:217]

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Planned Parenthood will soon begin registering people to vote at its clinics across the country in the midst of an election year that has spurred the group’s first-ever presidential primary endorsement.

The group, which serves about 2.5 million patients each year, says it will register voters “regardless of their background, beliefs, or political ideology.” The effort will be run by volunteers in 45 states.

But the campaign, which will take place in person as well as online, will likely help Democrats. Planned Parenthood patients tend to skew younger and lower-income, and many are also minorities.

Seems that the dishonest attacks on Planned Parenthood are coming back to bite the attackers, right in the ass. Good!!

Article is here.

Yep, lots of minority babies being aborted at disproportionate rates. Margaret Sanger would certainly be proud.

All I can say about this is...I support abortions (though am not ga ga about them) for a fetus with no brain activity AND I am 100% against aborting a fetus/child that has brain activity (until such time as medical science generally determines when sentience begins - bottom line is no legal abortions of sentient humans).
In fact, I think the latter should be classified as manslaughter - possibly murder.

I will not debate this as my opinion will not change without new facts. Killing another sentient human without their consent (consent - like in war when death is an understood potential outcome of military service) is ALWAYS wrong...no exceptions.
But I might read factual information from unbiased sources on the subject.

The above is my answer to almost anything regarding Planned Parenthood.

Last edited:
All I can say about this is...I support abortions (though am not ga ga about them) for a fetus with no brain activity AND I am 100% against aborting a fetus/child that has brain activity (until such time as medical science generally determines when sentience begins - bottom line is no legal abortion of sentient humans).
In fact I think the latter should be classified as manslaughter (at least).

I will not debate this.

That is my answer to almost anything regarding Planned Parenthood.

I rarely debate this too. It's futile. Despite some folks recently claiming that abortion doesn't kill the unborn, we all know what abortion is and what it does, and either you're ok with it or you aren't. Just a note about your post though. You say you support the actual act of abortion before brain activity, rather than saying you support the availability or even the woman's right to chose. That's interesting and a pretty rare position.

Seems that the dishonest attacks on Planned Parenthood are coming back to bite the attackers, right in the ass. Good!!

Article is here.

Good! The harder Planned Parenthood gets knocked down, the harder they fight when they get back up!

we all know what abortion is and what it does, and either you're ok with it or you aren't.

Actually, the reason it's futile is that anti-choice/pro-life people must rely on the bolded as if it were a certainty in order to otherwise justify their position. Remove that handicap from the argument and suddenly there's grey everywhere.

(until such time as medical science generally determines when sentience begins - bottom line is no legal abortions of sentient humans).

Medical science cannot and will not ever be able to determine when sentience begins. There's no objective bright line and there certainly cannot be given the vast difference between individual minds. But your sentence is a contradiction in terms as well: you assert medical science has not determined when sentience begins, but then your anti-abortion stance is based on an assumption that things being aborted are "sentient".

=

Last edited:
I will not debate this

The #2 problem with the anti-abortion crowd. The argument is always the same.

Part 1: I'm right because of 1 or more things I have assumed as absolute objective truths about reality.

Part 2: I refuse to debate because I realize but won't admit the absurdity of the absolute assumption I have drawn.

Then, either

Part 2a: Jump thread.

or

Part 2b: shout relentlessly about how evil women who get abortions are, without actually addressing the assumptions necessary to their argument or otherwise engaging in the specific points made.

Is that legal?

Good! The harder Planned Parenthood gets knocked down, the harder they fight when they get back up!

How are they fighting? What fight are they fighting?

All I can say about this is...I support abortions (though am not ga ga about them) for a fetus with no brain activity AND I am 100% against aborting a fetus/child that has brain activity (until such time as medical science generally determines when sentience begins - bottom line is no legal abortions of sentient humans).
In fact, I think the latter should be classified as manslaughter - possibly murder.

I will not debate this as my opinion will not change without new facts. Killing another sentient human without their consent (consent - like in war when death is an understood potential outcome of military service) is ALWAYS wrong...no exceptions.
But I might read factual information from unbiased sources on the subject.

The above is my answer to almost anything regarding Planned Parenthood.

But Planned Parenthood does a lot more than abortions....abortion services are a tiny part of the services the perform.

Article is here.

Well I'm prolife but I have no issue with this, I've also never felt any "extra" disdain" for PP either though. I never understood the witch hunt for them. Anyway it's good when people register and vote, more orgs should help people and the government should compensate them for it.

Is that legal?

Registering people to vote? Of course. If they ask what their party affiliation is before providing the registration material then we might have a problem.

Registering people to vote? Of course. If they ask what their party affiliation is before providing the registration material then we might have a problem.

Planned Parenthood is subsidized by the government. I see things going wrong...lol.

I'm guessing they'll be registering the babies. Democrats count on dead people voting but it does help if they get registered.

Article is here.

I'm thinking this will be fertile soil for Veritas to start digging in.

btw, where does this group get 20 million to donate to the Democrats?

Is that legal?

Since when did that matter? To put icing on the cake, I expect they will use taxpayer money for that voter registration drive. They may as well go all the way and offer discounted "services" in exchange for door knocking for Democrat candidates.

I'm thinking this will be fertile soil for Veritas to start digging in.

btw, where does this group get 20 million to donate to the Democrats?

Taxpayers. Planned Parenthood is a money laundering operation.

Well I'm prolife but I have no issue with this, I've also never felt any "extra" disdain" for PP either though. I never understood the witch hunt for them. Anyway it's good when people register and vote, more orgs should help people and the government should compensate them for it.

It works well at nursing homes too! The local Democrat committeeman can help anyone who isn't lucid fill out their absentee ballot.

It works well at nursing homes too! The local Democrat committeeman can help anyone who isn't lucid fill out their absentee ballot.

I understood that demographics showed the elderly retiring to Republican states?? Warmer weather and all.

I understood that demographics showed the elderly retiring to Republican states?? Warmer weather and all.

I'm not talking about an active retirement community like The Villages in central Florida. I'm talking about a nursing home where patients can't even talk any more.

I'm not talking about an active retirement community like The Villages in central Florida. I'm talking about a nursing home where patients can't even talk any more.

Yep onlt democrats would do something illegal? Yes- No? what

Nice hack past, luckily people wont group it together with normal posts from the right.

Yep, lots of minority babies being aborted at disproportionate rates. Margaret Sanger would certainly be proud.

:doh Margaret Sanger was against abortion, so she would not at all have been proud of abortions being performed at PP.

Funny how you care about the plight of minorities....until they are born..

Back
Top Bottom