• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pinned announcement threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly Adams

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
There are too many pinned threads in the Announcements forum. You have to scroll down just to see unpinned threads.

'Twould seem at least the threads Zero Tolerance Policy on Violent Rhetoric (Permanent) and Enhanced Expiration Dates for Major Violations threads could (and should) be incorporated into the larger Forum Rules post and then removed from pinned announcements. (If nothing else, all rules-related material should be accessible from a single link and members shouldn't have to hunt for extra stuff on their own.) The xenForo Instructional Video, Follow Debate Politics on Twitter and FaceBook!, and History of Debate Forum debatepolitics.com can be added to the FAQ thread, as could the The DP Staff thread (or a new tab at the top labeled "Staff List," or a new subgroup and a modified tab label of "Members and Staff").

I didn't mention the character counter thread because I assume it's time-pinned and will fall off in short order, as there's no conceivable reason to pin it in perpetuity. It also could be added to the FAQ thread.

That's 6-7 out of the eight pinned announcement threads that can be moved and better-placed elsewhere. As my wife would say, "it's clutter; get rid of it!"

Thanks for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom