• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pilot parachutes to safety before Thunderbird crashes

Apparently this is a picture of the plane

r960-bffaed51475cbfc3455d697e4987dc6f.jpg

If that's the end result then the pilot didn't bail until the absolute last second and had control right through the whole incident.

Even then that is amazing. Maybe he was out of fuel.
Apparently this is a picture of the plane

r960-bffaed51475cbfc3455d697e4987dc6f.jpg

If that's the end result then the pilot didn't bail until the absolute last second and had control right through the whole incident.

I doubt it, the boys flying those planes are the best of the best. Probable a engine or electric power malfunction. I am going with engine simply because he was able to bring the bird down mostly intact. If it was power he would not have had much if any control as the bird is a triplex digital fly by wire.

Running out of fuel could only happen due to a mechanical issue. Thre is no way in hell that they just forgot to top her off.

I don't know what the stall speed of an F-16 is but that airframe looks like it came down nice and gentle.

The reason I thought that was the plane didn't burn up. The seat is ejected with explosives, looks to me like if there was fuel and power it would burn.
Running out of fuel could only happen due to a mechanical issue. Thre is no way in hell that they just forgot to top her off.

I don't know what the stall speed of an F-16 is but that airframe looks like it came down nice and gentle.

Low altitude like this and the first assumption is that it was a bird strike. But, that is an assumption. It could be a lot of other things. The bird strike is just very common.

The reason I thought that was the plane didn't burn up. The seat is ejected with explosives, looks to me like if there was fuel and power it would burn.

I hear ya! From the look of the airframe he may not have even ruptured the tank. That's beyond impressive.

Low altitude like this and the first assumption is that it was a bird strike. But, that is an assumption. It could be a lot of other things. The bird strike is just very common.
Thats what I was thinking. Bird strike to a single engine fighter...FOD ed out the engine, pilot likely shut it down and dead sticked it til the last possible moment then punched.

We'll know for sure soon enough. Flight Data recorder and TEMS unit should tell them anything they pilot wont be able to.

Thats what I was thinking. Bird strike to a single engine fighter...FOD ed out the engine, pilot likely shut it down and dead sticked it til the last possible moment then punched.

We'll know for sure soon enough. Flight Data recorder and TEMS unit should tell them anything they pilot wont be able to.

Air force memory items for emergency: Handle - Pull /End

The sad news is a Blue Angel died in Smyrna Tn.

Back
Top Bottom