• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Piers Morgan and the Gun Control Debate

JRummy

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I've been paying attention to the gun control debate for some time now, as I've wanted to see the points on both sides of the argument so that I could at least try and understand where those who oppose my stance are coming from. One thing I've had a little problem with is the TV host Piers Morgan. From what I can tell, he is most certainly staunchly pro-gun control, and is always in an uproar against guests who are on his show that don't agree with him. If it's supposed to be a debate, it soon descends into a shouting match mostly from Morgan, and his guest(s) can never get the opportunity to put forth a developed answer without him constantly interjecting, proposing a new question, or simply shouting things like "That's completely and utterly false!", etc. He also tends to equate his passion and volume level for being more correct, as well as constantly saying things like "How many dead children will it take before you gun nuts allow the government to make us safer?", "So you suggest we do nothing while innocent people are being slaughtered by these maniacs?" and so much more. My question is, is Piers Morgan in any way constructive to the gun control debate? If it's supposed to be a debate, somehow I think he missed the part where people are allowed to actually to speak without being interrupted and being shouted over and not being allowed to give a coherent answer to a question. Your thoughts?

I've been paying attention to the gun control debate for some time now, as I've wanted to see the points on both sides of the argument so that I could at least try and understand where those who oppose my stance are coming from. One thing I've had a little problem with is the TV host Piers Morgan. From what I can tell, he is most certainly staunchly pro-gun control, and is always in an uproar against guests who are on his show that don't agree with him. If it's supposed to be a debate, it soon descends into a shouting match mostly from Morgan, and his guest(s) can never get the opportunity to put forth a developed answer without him constantly interjecting, proposing a new question, or simply shouting things like "That's completely and utterly false!", etc. He also tends to equate his passion and volume level for being more correct, as well as constantly saying things like "How many dead children will it take before you gun nuts allow the government to make us safer?", "So you suggest we do nothing while innocent people are being slaughtered by these maniacs?" and so much more. My question is, is Piers Morgan in any way constructive to the gun control debate? If it's supposed to be a debate, somehow I think he missed the part where people are allowed to actually to speak without being interrupted and being shouted over and not being allowed to give a coherent answer to a question. Your thoughts?

My problem with him are his Alinksy interview tactics, always going outside his opponents expertise. Asking for obscure statistics that no one memorizes, then pouncing on them as if they are ignorant on the general subject of gun rights for not knowing "How many people committed suicide with a gun last month?"

Piers is ruled by his emotions and looks like an idiot because of it. Nothing more to see here.

You're pissed because he runs rings around the selected guns nuts who face him, showing them for the dolts they are.

You're pissed because he runs rings around the selected guns nuts who face him, showing them for the dolts they are.

:lamo

Penn Jilette and Ted Nugent schooled him, yelling emotional tripe isn't "running rings" actually having logical and legal responses is.

I'll bet you think Bill O'Reilly always has the upper hand on whoever he is yelling it.

Penn is a smart guy.
:lamo

Penn Jilette and Ted Nugent schooled him, yelling emotional tripe isn't "running rings" actually having logical and legal responses is.

I'll bet you think Bill O'Reilly always has the upper hand on whoever he is yelling it.

The fact that this is how you see it says a lot more about you than it does him. I've know since the first time I saw Morgan that he was an idiot. Too bad he won't go back to England, we really don't want him here.

Like most media figures, Piers Morgan is a joke if you're looking for well-reasoned debate.

But this is a subject that inflames passions and you'll get a lot of unreasoning and unreasonable reactions when it is under discussion.

Pierce Morgan is an idiot, he needs to go back across the pond.

The fact that this is how you see it says a lot more about you than it does him. I've know since the first time I saw Morgan that he was an idiot. Too bad he won't go back to England, we really don't want him here.

You merely point up ow cretinous they are, having been bested by an idiot.

Since we both don't want him, we'll just dump him off in Canada. He can preach his gun control garbage to them instead.

You merely point up ow cretinous they are, having been bested by an idiot.

you probably claim that Hiroshima bested the Enola Gay because not every single resident reached 10,000 degrees in a half a second

Right, and the British won the war of 1812 too.
well the Brits claim they didn't get beat that bad since the monumental ass kicking at NO took place right after the truce was signed

well the Brits claim they didn't get beat that bad since the monumental ass kicking at NO took place right after the truce was signed

Not getting beaten badly still means you lose. Also, I haven't seen any red coats around here lately.

Piers Morgan makes me embarrassed to be English. I find myself apologizing for him to every American I meet.

He's terrible. No one should pay any attention to him.

And yet we see this constant whining from the untermenschen of the extreme right as idiot Morgan skilfully deploys their own hosts' tactics against them.

@ HumanBeing. Don't be embarrassed, he cleaves to his father's nationality of Irish, though they don't want him either!

Piers Morgan makes me embarrassed to be English. I find myself apologizing for him to every American I meet.

Don't worry, we Americans know that Morgan is an embarrassment to anyone who will claim him.

So how do you feel about this Piers Morgan guy?

Back
Top Bottom