• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Piercings, anyone?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I just read through the tattoo thread and wondered if anyone had any piercings? Just my ears for me. I remember my very first earrings were gold triple hearts. I loved those things. In junior high I shifted into wearing really big earrings -- hoops, troll dolls (I know, I know), jingle bells, ... anything big. Thank God there are no pictures of that. Now that I'm old and wrinkly ( ;) ), I'm back to my classic post earrings that just so happen to be hearts. It's the cirrrrrrcle of liiiiiife! :)

Last edited:
Just my ears, and I don't even wear earrings anymore.

my ears bit i haven't worn anything in eons.

Ears only, thank you very much. :)

I used to work with a young woman who had a piercing in a place that shall remain nameless, but suffice to say it is extremely sensitive. I used to wonder how in the hell that wouldn't distract you from doing your work, and living a regular boring life, lol.

I used to work with a young woman who had a piercing in a place that shall remain nameless, but suffice to say it is extremely sensitive. I used to wonder how in the hell that wouldn't distract you from doing your work, and living a regular boring life, lol.

*flinch*
How could one concentrate on anything, anything at all, with that being a constant irritant? No, no thank you very much......

I just read through the tattoo thread and wondered if anyone had any piercings? Just my ears for me. I remember my very first earrings were gold triple hearts. I loved those things. In junior high I shifted into wearing really big earrings -- hoops, troll dolls (I know, I know), jingle bells, ... anything big. Thank God there are no pictures of that. Now that I'm old and wrinkly ( ;) ), I'm back to my classic post earrings that just so happen to be hearts. It's the cirrrrrrcle of liiiiiife! :)

I love piercings

on scumbags

years ago some stoned punker with a big ring in his eyebrow was being a jerk to just about everyone in a local establishment. I happened to be the one he ratcheted up his jerkishness on. Well I gave him one of those Get out of my face light left jabs. scored a direct hit on the ring. IT was brutal. The only time I saw that much blood was when I shot a mugger a couple years later. The bouncer who was on his way over to deal with metal face just started laughing and from then on called me the kung fu death punch master.

so I love it when assholes have lots of piercings. I think it LOOKS IDIOTIC on anyone who seeks white caller employment

and if you have ever seen 1000 ways to die, piercing one's johnson is not only stupid, it can be shockingly fatal

No piercings no tattoos, I plan on going out the way I came in - except for some plates, screws, scars and wrinkles. ;)

Just my ears, and I don't even wear earrings anymore.

This applies to me as well. I don't mind multiple ear piercings or even a delicate nose stud, but when I see hoops and studs sprouting from eyebrows, nostrils, lips, etc. I confess it makes me queasy. That said, I've known several people with multiple face piercings who were intelligent, interesting individuals, so I won't let the queasy stop me from getting to know them. :)

This applies to me as well. I don't mind multiple ear piercings or even a delicate nose stud, but when I see hoops and studs sprouting from eyebrows, nostrils, lips, etc. I confess it makes me queasy. That said, I've known several people with multiple face piercings who were intelligent, interesting individuals, so I won't let the queasy stop me from getting to know them. :)

Same here. I have a younger male friend who has tattoos all over, and piercings, and he's the last person you would expect to be a gun-toting staunch conservative, but that's exactly what he is, and I love him dearly.

Just my ears for now, been thinking about getting my eyebrow pierced for a while now. Might do it around my birthday. Also maybe some more piercings in my ears, I've always thought that done well looks really pretty.

Not intentionally.

My one “body modification” consists of a slightly-shortened left ring finger, as a result of getting it caught between an item of furniture and the inside of a customer's car into which I was helping to load that furniture. As a result, I can no longer count to ten, because the damaged finger only counts as 0.9 of a finger; so when I try to count to ten, I only get to nine-point-nine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not intentionally.

My one “body modification” consists of a slightly-shortened left ring finger, as a result of getting it caught between an item of furniture and the inside of a customer's car into which I was helping to load that furniture. As a result, I can no longer count to ten, because the damaged finger only counts as 0.9 of a finger; so when I try to count to ten, I only get to nine-point-nine.
I really could have done without the visual, Bob, but thanks anyway.

Piercings and assorted other jewelry can be a danger in certain industries. I've seen the ghastly results of wearing a simple wedding ring and working on telephone poles. Finger was peeled like a grape.

Additional piercings give access to all sorts of nasty instances.....

I have 4 - my belly button, tongue, nose, and my ear has 2. I am not sure if I would get more but maybe another one on my ear.

I saw a girl in her early 20s the other day with piercings in her nose, lip and eyebrows. She would have been really pretty if she hadn't screwed herself up like that. She was covered in tats too, what a shame.

I saw a girl in her early 20s the other day with piercings in her nose, lip and eyebrows. She would have been really pretty if she hadn't screwed herself up like that. She was covered in tats too, what a shame.

You say what a shame, when the real shame is that you saw her and not me :lol:

I must say that whatever those humongous earrings that some men wear that stretch out their earlobes...... ew, ew, ew, ew.

Same here. I have a younger male friend who has tattoos all over, and piercings, and he's the last person you would expect to be a gun-toting staunch conservative, but that's exactly what he is, and I love him dearly.

No pin cushion work, but heavily tattooed. And have owned guns since I was 12.

Nothing. No piercings, no tatts. Just a few scars.

Piercings are to me like caffeine is to 7-up - never had it, never will.

I don't really like the look on women, although if it's kept incredibly small, I can handle it. I won't date a woman with pierced nips though. If I wanted to suck on metal, I'd screw a robot.

Chris Rock said it best: If a girl has a pierced tongue, she will probably suck your dick. If a guy has a pierced tongue, he will probably suck your dick.

Ummm... Ouch?

I have never understood why anyone would willingly choose to stick sharp metal instruments through those particular areas of their bodies anyway.

Could anything be more counter-intuitive from a purely instinctual standpoint?

Last edited:

I have no body art of any kind, neither piercings nor tattoos. I personally think it is usually a ruin of a perfectly good body. But I am male, and old fashioned.

I don't mind one or two minor "artistries" on another human body, i.e. a pair of small studs in each each, and/or a small, inconspicuos tatoo only seen during moments of intimacy. I even find one "snake kiss" on either side of the mouth "interesting" if annoying when I kiss someone.

I was big into underground clubbing (Raves) for many years and the worst thing that ever came out of that scene was this increase in kids use of plugs...those things that stretch the earlobes like the African Ubangi did with their lover (and upper) lips. I think they are the stupidest things kids do today. The next worst? Massive amount of piercings all over their faces and boldies.

I guess that make my opinion fairly clear? LOL :)

Back
Top Bottom