• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Piercings, anyone?

Evade, side step, ignore, run from the question a few more times.

Okay. If it requires surgery to correct, then how is it not mutilation?

****but, but but....I like it so it must be okay*******

Do whatever you want with your body, but don't pretend there are no consequences.

Well I've heard that that is why women get their tongue pierced - because it's more pleasurable to men.

As for myself, I had my ears pierced 3 times (yes I was a teenager in the 80s) but now only use one set. The other 2 have grown up. One inconspicuous tattoo that can only be seen if I want you to see it, no piercings.

Also, my teenage daughter wants gauges in her ears to stretch them out, and I refuse to let her do it because it's permanent modification, and when she gets older, she'll regret it. I bought her "fake" gauges. They look real, but are actually regular earrings.

Women are interested in a man's pleasure?

Hell, if a woman is giving me a blowjob, I'm not about to sweat the small stuff by worrying as to whether she has a pierced tongue. I don't get enough gift horses to start looking into mouths.

Okay. If it requires surgery to correct, then how is it not mutilation?

****but, but but....I like it so it must be okay*******

Do whatever you want with your body, but don't pretend there are no consequences.
Its not mutilation, its a modification that can be returned to natural with a simple cosmetic surgery.
You just wont answer the question I posed to you, will you. But you are happy to troll the thread making commentary about people who have decided to do something that you wouldnt.

Women are interested in a man's pleasure?

Hell, if a woman is giving me a blowjob, I'm not about to sweat the small stuff by worrying as to whether she has a pierced tongue. I don't get enough gift horses to start looking into mouths.

Dude, sorry to hear it. :lol:

Its not mutilation, its a modification that can be returned to natural with a simple cosmetic surgery.
You just wont answer the question I posed to you, will you. But you are happy to troll the thread making commentary about people who have decided to do something that you wouldnt.

mu·ti·late
: to cut up or alter radically so as to make imperfect

Mutilate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

No I am not trolling the thread. That you are so defensive about my comment not even directed at you reveals that you are more interested in other people's impressions of you than you are doing it for your own satisfaction. If you did it for your own satisfaction, nobody else's position would matter to you. The reason I don't answer your question is because it is both irrelevant to the issue at hand and to remind you that you are not entitled to an answer, just like you are not entitled to acceptance by others or a job or to not have your own decisions negatively impact your life just because you are free to make them, all of which will be affected by that decision at some point in your life.

If you read the thread you would see that I indicated I had both ears pierced which is not still that acceptable for a guy in my area. Guess what, my only response when people said something was "It's my body and I will do what I want with it". I didn't need to try to defend it to anyone or go out of my way to start things with people who had issues with it. They thought it was stupid or gay or whatever, and I didn't care because I didn't need their approval or acceptance, And you are right, I wouldn't put hose-pipe sized holes in my ears because I actually like having a career instead of a job :2wave:

mu·ti·late
: to cut up or alter radically so as to make imperfect

Mutilate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

No I am not trolling the thread. That you are so defensive about my comment not even directed at you reveals that you are more interested in other people's impressions of you than you are doing it for your own satisfaction. If you did it for your own satisfaction, nobody else's position would matter to you. The reason I don't answer your question is because it is both irrelevant to the issue at hand and to remind you that you are not entitled to an answer, just like you are not entitled to acceptance by others or a job or to not have your own decisions negatively impact your life just because you are free to make them, all of which will be affected by that decision at some point in your life.

If you read the thread you would see that I indicated I had both ears pierced which is not still that acceptable for a guy in my area. Guess what, my only response when people said something was "It's my body and I will do what I want with it". I didn't need to try to defend it to anyone or go out of my way to start things with people who had issues with it. They thought it was stupid or gay or whatever, and I didn't care because I didn't need their approval or acceptance, And you are right, I wouldn't put hose-pipe sized holes in my ears because I actually like having a career instead of a job :2wave:
Wrong, you are making generalized statements with no basis in fact.
And wrong on the what I worry about them thinking of me. Couldnt possibly care less what others think.
Plus if you read at all you would see that Iam not pierced, only tattooed. Much more dedication to the cause being tattooed than being pierced.
And it hasnt interfered with my job at all. And if someone wouldnt hire because of them? Its not a place I would want to work anyway.
Oh, and I have a very good job.
Now, what is your interest? Still avoiding my question.

l used to have one

but l had to stop wearing it

no need to seem extra sexy :lol:

Just my ears. :) I wouldn't mind getting a fake belly button one though. They look kind of sexy IMO.

I have a few. I like 'em.

I can be inconspicuous quite easily, or I can play it up if I feel like it. Like my tattoos, I like having presentational flexibility.

My bottom lobe piercings are 2ga, which I really like. I have pretty big earlobes to start with, so there's no distortion. With a domed plug, they look like regular ear piercings and are "professional" enough. But I also have the option of wearing some of that really pretty wood and bone jewelry I like.

My other 3 ear piercings are 16ga and 14ga (which is the same as you might see in, say, an eyebrow or navel piercing, for those who don't know their gauges). Ear piercings hold up better over time either a slightly larger than "standard" size. That "cheese cutter" effect that a lot of older women have is because standard earrings are too thin, and they drag through the skin.

I like the piercings I have, but healing piercings is a pain, so I have no plans to get any more.

Back
Top Bottom