• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Piercings, anyone?

I don't have any tattoos or piercings, but I used to go to Las Vegas for work for 2 weeks at a time and I had a lot of fun on those trips and my wife knew that, and one time I came back from one of my Vegas trips and I had one of those magnetic gold stud earrings on one ear (it looked real) and I told her I got an ear pierced and she kinda got upset. I don't know if it was because it was without her there or she thought what else did I do there that she didn't know about. It was real funny though, I tricked her for probably an hour before I showed her it was just a fake magnetic one. She has several ear piercings (but no tattoos) and not against them on a guy, but it still freaked her out a little when it was me.

I must say that whatever those humongous earrings that some men wear that stretch out their earlobes...... ew, ew, ew, ew.

I stopped by the shooting range/store to consult with one of my assistant coaches who works for a club I run and saw some 20 something guy with those things that involved an inch across ring that his ear lobes were stretched around. In addition to it looking totally moronic and would permanently disqualify this clown from holding any sort of management or professional level jobs (other than perhaps IT) I was thinking if this guy got into a fight where'd be the first place an astute attacker would use a claw hand attack?

I must say that whatever those humongous earrings that some men wear that stretch out their earlobes...... ew, ew, ew, ew.

I assume you are talking about gauges and plugs and they are a stupid stupid thing to do to your body.

My wife only has her eiares pierced, and even then she has to be careful since she's allergic to nickel. I've often wondered what a blowbjob from a woman with a tongue pierceing wiould fieell like though.

I had earrings during my 20's and debated on tattoos. It was worth it just for the experience of the time when a big shot lance corporal got in my face and threatened to rip them out because he thought I was enlisted. I told him "you'd be saluting my *** if I was military, so mind your own business." Ultimately, I gave up the earrings at 30 when I met my wife.

Not intentionally.

My one “body modification” consists of a slightly-shortened left ring finger, as a result of getting it caught between an item of furniture and the inside of a customer's car into which I was helping to load that furniture. As a result, I can no longer count to ten, because the damaged finger only counts as 0.9 of a finger; so when I try to count to ten, I only get to nine-point-nine.

Is the forklift an overcompensation for the finger, Stubby?

I stopped by the shooting range/store to consult with one of my assistant coaches who works for a club I run and saw some 20 something guy with those things that involved an inch across ring that his ear lobes were stretched around. In addition to it looking totally moronic and would permanently disqualify this clown from holding any sort of management or professional level jobs (other than perhaps IT) I was thinking if this guy got into a fight where'd be the first place an astute attacker would use a claw hand attack?

When I was a young soldier I got into a fight with a townie civilian who had been drinking and attacked me cuz he didn't like soldiers competing for girls in "his" town. He didn't have a plug like you describe, but he had a nose ring.

The fight stopped real fast when I tore that thing out of his nose. An object lesson against the value of having metal in your face.

My wife only has her eiares pierced, and even then she has to be careful since she's allergic to nickel. I've often wondered what a blowbjob from a woman with a tongue pierceing wiould fieell like though.

Well I've heard that that is why women get their tongue pierced - because it's more pleasurable to men.

As for myself, I had my ears pierced 3 times (yes I was a teenager in the 80s) but now only use one set. The other 2 have grown up. One inconspicuous tattoo that can only be seen if I want you to see it, no piercings.

Also, my teenage daughter wants gauges in her ears to stretch them out, and I refuse to let her do it because it's permanent modification, and when she gets older, she'll regret it. I bought her "fake" gauges. They look real, but are actually regular earrings.

Well I've heard that that is why women get their tongue pierced - because it's more pleasurable to men.

As for myself, I had my ears pierced 3 times (yes I was a teenager in the 80s) but now only use one set. The other 2 have grown up. One inconspicuous tattoo that can only be seen if I want you to see it, no piercings.

Also, my teenage daughter wants gauges in her ears to stretch them out, and I refuse to let her do it because it's permanent modification, and when she gets older, she'll regret it. I bought her "fake" gauges. They look real, but are actually regular earrings.

Good for you. Gauges are so stupid looking.

I just read through the tattoo thread and wondered if anyone had any piercings? Just my ears for me. I remember my very first earrings were gold triple hearts. I loved those things. In junior high I shifted into wearing really big earrings -- hoops, troll dolls (I know, I know), jingle bells, ... anything big. Thank God there are no pictures of that. Now that I'm old and wrinkly ( ;) ), I'm back to my classic post earrings that just so happen to be hearts. It's the cirrrrrrcle of liiiiiife! :)

No piercings. The very last time I was ever really drunk, about twenty years ago, I let the wife talk me into letting her pierce my ear at a party. I got up the next morning, took one look in the mirror, said "that just ain't me" and took it out. Wifey complained but I yam what I yam and what I yam don't do piercings....

Good for you. Gauges are so stupid looking.

Holy smokes, yes. "Oh, let's have Gatorade caps in our ears, what can go wrong there?" Ugh.

Anyway, no, I don't have tattoos or piercings. Never really wanted them. My girlfriend does have a 'Monroe' piercing which I've grown to find adorable and she does have her ears pierced. I guess I could see myself getting a small tattoo that had like a family-meaning, etc. but never anything like some of these folks these days are getting.

Anyone who is trained, licensed, and competent to drive a forklift has no need to “compensate” for anything.

Darn straight! When you can lift a ton of fifty foot beams thirty feet off the ground to clear an obstacle without dropping any, you are DA MAN! :)

<- (former forklift operator)

I think a lot of tattoos on a guy can be sexy - if they are done properly. It has that "bad boy" appeal.

tattoo.jpg

Of course, it does depend on the guy, too -- ;)

tattoo2.jpg

My girlfriend does have a 'Monroe' piercing which I've grown to find adorable…

I had to Google to learn what that was.

I can drool quite well enough through the opening that God gave me for that purpose. I can't imagine why anyone thinks they need another hole through which to drool. Yuck!

My body rejects all piercings, no matter what kind of metal I use, so alas I could never enjoy it. Tattoos... nope, and no thank you.

I don't view piercings as a sign of strength. When I see people with facial piercings I can't help but imagine the myriad of ways that those piercings could get caught in something (like clothing), and then torn. It's just not natural. I like to be able to carress my partner's face and head, and run my hand through their hair. If I can't do that without risking lacerations then what's the point!

Anyone who is trained, licensed, and competent to drive a forklift has no need to “compensate” for anything.

I dunno about "anything". I meant specifically the grasp-length disability. :/

I had to Google to learn what that was.

I can drool quite well enough through the opening that God gave me for that purpose. I can't imagine why anyone thinks they need another hole through which to drool. Yuck!

She doesn't drool - unless I'm not wearing clothes. ;)

I assume you are talking about gauges and plugs and they are a stupid stupid thing to do to your body.

To you. To many body mods are just another part of life.
You have any interests?

To you. To many body mods are just another part of life.
You have any interests?

Mutilating my body is not an "interest". When you find an 80 year glad they have 3/4" holes in their ear lobes, let me know.

Mutilating my body is not an "interest". When you find an 80 year glad they have 3/4" holes in their ear lobes, let me know.
Body art and mutilation are two different things. And ear lobe repair is an easy cosmetic surgery. Next.
Oh, and you evaded the question.

Body art and mutilation are two different things. And ear lobe repair is an easy cosmetic surgery. Next.
Oh, and you evaded the question.

Sorry but having messed up ear lobes is mutilation. Sure I have interests--like calling people stupid for doing stupid things is so much fun.

Sorry but having messed up ear lobes is mutilation. Sure I have interests--like calling people stupid for doing stupid things is so much fun.
Yea, I like calling people up tight, backwards, narrow minded and self important.
But it aint that much fun.
Keep evading the question.

Yea, I like calling people up tight, backwards, narrow minded and self important.
But it aint that much fun.
Keep evading the question.

Maybe that is because instead of going over your head it is going through the holes in your lobes :violin:

Two in each ear, although I don't wear them much. I used to have my bellybutton pierced but stopped wearing that too. Now all I have are holes.

Back
Top Bottom