• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pictures of the hallowed ground around the WTC site

Groucho

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
As you can see, we wouldn't want a mosque upsetting the sacred area around this spot.

"Hallowed Ground" | History Eraser Button

groundzero02.jpg

groundzero16.jpg

groundzero15.jpg

groundzero09.jpg

groundzero05.jpg

I don't fink this gonna change any minds about da mosquez.

Gentlemenz club is one fing but mosque is anover.

As you can see, we wouldn't want a mosque upsetting the sacred area around this spot.
I have to admit, that is funny ...

Is this part of the construction on West Street?
Don't know. Parts of NYC are always under construction. I haven't lived there since 97 though. (I used to even work in the World Trade Centers for a short time!)

Don't know. Parts of NYC are always under construction. I haven't lived there since 97 though. (I used to even work in the World Trade Centers for a short time!)
Oh, just wondering. I stayed at that Marriott on West Street and Albany last December and the street was all torn up there in front of the hotel.

Thanks, if I ever need weed in NYC, I know where I can find those two guys selling t-shirts.

When did strippers, BBQ joint operators and Dunkin Donuts attack and kill American citizens, because of their religion?

This is the most dumb assed post in the history of the *BN* forum; not to mention it doesn't meet the critria of the *BN* forum. Obviously, those standards have been dumped by the staff.

The Hallowed and Divine Dunkin' Donuts.

That's like a Sacred Relic that is.

When did strippers, BBQ joint operators and Dunkin Donuts attack and kill American citizens, because of their religion?

This is the most dumb assed post in the history of the *BN* forum; not to mention it doesn't meet the critria of the *BN* forum. Obviously, those standards have been dumped by the staff.

Ah geez, I was hoping not to have this thread turn into another "hate all Muslims because some of them killed Americans" one. Can't get away from it, I guess. Ignorance and bigotry refuses to stay silent.

If a Mosque at Ground Zero isn't offensive then I guess you would support building a German cultural center at Aushwitz or an Orthodox Cathedral in the town of Srebrenica.

While I do understand this reasoning and the reason people don't want a Mosque near Ground Zero... you have to remember that the Muslim world is split. Some teach Terrorism and the destruction of other people, some teach getting along with others. Would you deny someone a simple building because those that assume the same name as others are destructive and maniacal? I hope you aren't Christian, or Atheist, or anything really because evil deeds will be done in the name of any and all Religions/Beliefs. Well maybe not Agnostics.... though that would be pretty funny.

Ah geez, I was hoping not to have this thread turn into another "hate all Muslims because some of them killed Americans" one. Can't get away from it, I guess. Ignorance and bigotry refuses to stay silent.

The ignorance, is that donut shops, stippers and sidewalk t-shirt venders didn't murder 3,000 American civilians, just to promote their religion. Where are all the enlightened folks, supporting the Westboro Church in their right to protest soldiers's funerals? That thread is amazingly quiet. Are you going to post your support of their constitutional rights on that thread? Since, you're not as ignorant as the rest of us and all.

While I do understand this reasoning and the reason people don't want a Mosque near Ground Zero... you have to remember that the Muslim world is split. Some teach Terrorism and the destruction of other people, some teach getting along with others. Would you deny someone a simple building because those that assume the same name as others are destructive and maniacal? I hope you aren't Christian, or Atheist, or anything really because evil deeds will be done in the name of any and all Religions/Beliefs. Well maybe not Agnostics.... though that would be pretty funny.

I've stated numerous times that I condemn the building of the Mosque but support their right to build it the two things are not mutually exclusive.

Not all members of the Orthodox Christian Church support killing Albanian Muslims but does that mean we should support building an Orthodox Cathedral in the town of Srebrenica? Not all Germans are Nazi's but does that mean we should support building a German Cultural center at Aushwitz?

The ignorance, is that donut shops, stippers and sidewalk t-shirt venders didn't murder 3,000 American civilians, just to promote their religion. Where are all the enlightened folks, supporting the Westboro Church in their right to protest soldiers's funerals? That thread is amazingly quiet. Are you going to post your support of their constitutional rights on that thread? Since, you're not as ignorant as the rest of us and all.

Neither did the people building the mosque.

Guess it fits in alright.

Neither did the people building the mosque.

Guess it fits in alright.

The people building the mosque haven't condemned the terroists who did fly those aircraft into the WTC and The Pentagon. Have they?

In fact, imam whateverthehellhisnameis said that it was our fault. Do you support that claim?

Last edited:
The people building the mosque haven't condemned the terroists who did fly those aircraft into the WTC and The Pentagon. Have they?

I don't know, do you?
Does it matter?

They aren't personally responsible for the actions of those who did all that.
Did you condemn the actions of those who slaughtered all the Muslims in Kosovo?

If a Mosque at Ground Zero isn't offensive then I guess you would support building a German cultural center at Aushwitz or an Orthodox Cathedral in the town of Srebrenica.

It's not at ground zero... and last time I checked, 9-11 didn't change property rights in your country.

Stop crying about it already.

Back
Top Bottom