• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pictures of a spinal surgery.

These are just a couple of pics I took when she had her surgery. 1st one shows the 60/80 curvature and the 'crankshafting' of her spine.

Second one is the day of the surgery.

Third is the first time she got in what she referred to as "the chair".

Fourth was a HORRIBLE day and the day she told me she wanted to die. :(

Fifth was the xray of the hardware the date of her discharge from Children's Mercy. 2 rods, 23 screws, 3 wires and 2 hooks that will remain in her spine forever.

Before.jpgDay of surgery.jpgSitting first time.jpgSitting day 2.jpgFront to back after.jpg

Im so glad she has recovered so well. She's such a sweet girl.. Even with that mouth of hers... Lol These pics are sad but when you see her now you could never guess she had went through this just months ago. Such a strong young woman just like her momma!

She is beautiful. She is also strong and I know she will make a full recovery. Mental toughness is half the battle and she has plenty of it.

How's she recovering so far?

Fiddytree;bt1856 said:
How's she recovering so far?

She still has lifting restrictions and she has doctor's orders not to do any jarring kind of activity for up to two years. No amusement park rides, no running, no twisting, sit up and push ups are a no-no. She still complains about her back aching some days.... but it's not excessive. I worry about when she gets older and inevitably she will have arthritis and back pain. Doctor said that was a given. They never take the hardware out unless it becomes a problem. Her last post-op appointment said that she would be fully healed two years after surgery, with most cadaver bone grafts fully being hardened after 12 months. Aside from this, she's very active and is a pistol. :)

That's good news. If she's a pistol then that's all you need to know about where she'll go after this!

From my own experience with arthritis and back pain, staying active is the best remedy, but without overdoing it, of course.

I don't follow blogs much, but I hope she's doing well.

I don't follow blogs nor have made one yet neither. I am glad she turned out fine.

Back
Top Bottom