• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Picture FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch Enemy

Familiaist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Picture FAQ!

Q: How can I post a picture on the forums!?

There are actually many ways to do this;

1) To upload a picture directly onto Debate Politics:
A) After typing out your Reply , find Additional Options (should be towards the bottom, if you scroll down)

B) Select Manage Attachments a box will pop-up it'll look like this (http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manageattachments3du.jpg)

C) Notice the table showing the restrictions of each file type! Picture Extentions are JPG, JPE, GIF, and BMP. To the right of each formats you'll see Size Restrictions make sure your photo is within the limits presented on this page.

D) To the RIGHT of Upload From Your Computer you'll see Browse , select that and you'll be able to browse through your computer and find your picture.

E) Once you find you're picture Double-Click on your picture and you'll see the file location on the blank space next to browse.

F) To the FAR RIGHT you'll see Upload, select this and it'll tell you please wait. Then it'll be formally attached to your post and will show up in your posts.

2) Upload A Picture Found On A Different Host:
A) After typing out your Reply , find Additional Options (should be towards the bottom, if you scroll down)

B) Select Manage Attachments a box will pop-up it'll look like this (http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manageattachments3du.jpg)

C) On this page, find Upload A File From An URL

D) On the Blank Space paste, copy, or type the URL that'll lead you Directly to the picture found on another website!
Great Image Hosters:
www.imageshack.us
www.photobucket.com

3) To Insert A Picture DIRECTLY Into Your Post (Picture IS Hosted on Another Website)
A) After typing your post in find Insert Image(
my.php
)
click on Insert Image

B) A little box should arise which looks like (http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/3682/insertimagepop9wq.jpg). Copy, Paste, or Type the URL of the Direct link to your image on another website, click "ok".

4) To Insert A Picture DIRECTLY Into Your Post (Picture IS NOT Hosted on Another Website)
A) After typing in your reply, you're going to need to find a Host to host your picture. I, personally, use www.imageshack.us.

B) On ImageShack click Upload and find your picture, then double click or select Open Then select Host it!

C) Next it'll take to you a page with MANY different links to your picture and in great ways, make sure you read what each link does.

D)find Insert Image(
my.php
)
click on Insert Image

E) A little box should arise which looks like (http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/3682/insertimagepop9wq.jpg). Copy, Paste, or Type the URL of the Direct link to your image on another website, click "ok".

If need be, I'll add to this, but this is just a beginning version. Thanks for reading and Congratz on posting your picture!

Hey Arch....just thought I'd add to this a little. You mentioned ImageShack as a possible host for pictures, but since people have different preferences for that sort of thing, I thought I'd provide links for a few other sites that will host your pictures for free, and allow you to direct link the images from their server.

Snapfish

Photobucket

Image Cave

Tiny Pic

This is by no means a complete list, but it's always good to have options....:mrgreen:

Pictures posted in The Tavern are to remain in The Tavern. They are not allowed to be re-posted, edited or spray-painted anywhere at DP. There will be no warnings or infractions for incidents prior to this announcement, but we will do our best to make sure that these pics are deleted as soon as possible.

This is simply a clarification of an existing policy that was unclear to many.

No stimulus money was used in the production or posting of this announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom