• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pickleball

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Anybody here ever heard of pickleball? I was playing golf yesterday and the guy I was sharing a cart with mentioned that there is a pickleball club here with over 1,100 members. I never heard of it so a googling I went.

USAPA -- What is Pickleball?

Pickleball is a fun game that is played on a badminton court with the net lowered to 34 inches at the center. It is played with a perforated plastic baseball (similar to a whiffle ball) and wood or composite paddles. It is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players.

Looks kinda fun.

Anybody here ever heard of pickleball? I was playing golf yesterday and the guy I was sharing a cart with mentioned that there is a pickleball club here with over 1,100 members. I never heard of it so a googling I went.

<snip>

Looks kinda fun.
Looks like fun to play, but as a spectator sport I'm not sure what it offers over tennis.

Looks kinda fun.

Looks like table tennis for white people... but yeah it looks fun.

Slow tennis where you can still follow the ball.

Slow tennis where you can still follow the ball.

More like ping pong where you stand on the table. :2razz:

Looks fun. Tennis was bit too difficult and intense for me to stick with long enough to learn. But this looks fun and doable for me.

Looks kinda fun.

they started playing it on paddle tennis courts at the club I belong to. ITs now part of the Senior Olympics. I guy I played table tennis with for years wanted me to start playing it figuring we'd do well in Senior Olympics because I was a long time squash, TT, and tennis player and he was a ranked racquetball player but I just haven't had the time. Its a lot easier on your knees then say squash or hard court tennis. it is fun

Looks like fun to play, but as a spectator sport I'm not sure what it offers over tennis.

yeah tennis is far better to watch-so is table tennis (but only live-you cannot follow the ball really well on TV)

Looks kinda fun.

the game that is always taking up the basketball court when all i want to do is shoot some hoops?

yes, big fan

Looks kinda fun.

as a fan of table tennis I like it

yeah tennis is far better to watch-so is table tennis (but only live-you cannot follow the ball really well on TV)

Pickleball started in my neck of the woods. It provides a great game taking up less real estate. Not everyone can afford a tennis court nor can everyone fit one.

It can be played at high levels. I have had some pretty intense battles over the years and believe me when I tell you, it kicks ass. We played next to an ice cold lake and when we had tournys ever single player jumped in to cool off from the intense exercise. I was once pretty good at it. We played with a lob line. Essentially it's the same as the courts you see but with a 3 foot lined section added on to each end. The idea being that the extended area allows shorter players to reduce the significant advantage taller players (I'm 6'2") have by allowing them to lob over them and have the extra space with which to place their shots. This line changes the game completely, and for the better IMO.

It really is a great game.

here's an example of the longer court.

Sport-Court-for-Tennis-pickleball-volleyball-basketball-and-badminton.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom