• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Physics Prof Says 911 an Inside Job

Tyler Poulson was riding with his brothers last night when he became offended by one of them using profanity. Poulson, who recently returned from an LDS mission, threatened to get out of the truck if he continued. One of the men, not thinking he would, told Poulson to. He was pronounced dead on scene.

I can see how these rules at Brigham Young keep people sane. :shock:

shuamort said:
Tyler Poulson was riding with his brothers last night when he became offended by one of them using profanity. Poulson, who recently returned from an LDS mission, threatened to get out of the truck if he continued. One of the men, not thinking he would, told Poulson to. He was pronounced dead on scene.

I can see how these rules at Brigham Young keep people sane. :shock:

So the acts of a few Mormons who fail to use common sense are reason enough for you to assign the label of insane to all of them?
It seems that there are at least 2 moderators on this site who hate religion, and you hate one particular religion so much that you can post something like this, and gloat over it.
That is sick, and a new low for you.

I do not subscribe to all that Christian churches teach, but I do support others in their beliefs as long as they are not using them as clubs to beat up on others.

You, as a moderator, are using this forum as your personal club to abuse others who do not believe as you do. If we were all like you, we should spit on our Catholic members because some of the priests are pedophiles.

You, as a moderator, would have something to say if a Christian member of this forum was to attack others for being gay, or thinking that women have a choice, and that would be a correct thing to do.

But you, as a moderator, are acting extremely immature. Like I said, a new low had been reached, and you are the one doing it. You owe the entire membership of this site an apology.

You might even report yourself to the other Mods? Perhaps get suspended as a Moderator? Or at least learn to debate an issue instead of attacking beliefs that you know very little about.

So far, I have read posts from 2 in this thread who claim to know about Mormons, and when someone who has lived among them since 1977 calls you on your outright lies, you get defensive and attack even more. One of you is very young, so I expect a little ignorance and intolerance from him. You are 32, and act like you are half that age.

UtahBill said:
So the acts of a few Mormons who fail to use common sense are reason enough for you to assign the label of insane to all of them?
Really? I said that? Hold on, lemme check..... nope. Not there. Sorry, your strawman is not applicable there.

UtahBill said:
It seems that there are at least 2 moderators on this site who hate religion, and you hate one particular religion so much that you can post something like this, and gloat over it.?
That's complete untrue. I hate all religions equally. This is just the germane one in this thread so it would just appear that I hate this one more.

UtahBill said:
That is sick, and a new low for you.
Really? You haven't read all of my posts, I've gone much, much lower for less.
UtahBill said:
I do not subscribe to all that Christian churches teach, but I do support others in their beliefs as long as they are not using them as clubs to beat up on others.
Whoopy-dee-doo.
UtahBill said:
You, as a moderator, are using this forum as your personal club to abuse others who do not believe as you do.
If it were my personal club, you wouldn't be here. Ironic, don't you think?

UtahBill said:
If we were all like you, we should spit on our Catholic members because some of the priests are pedophiles.
I guess we can't all like pedophiles then. (Hah, I thought I'd make a strawman too.)

UtahBill said:
You, as a moderator, would have something to say if a Christian member of this forum was to attack others for being gay, or thinking that women have a choice, and that would be a correct thing to do.
There have been plenty of attacks on gays, women, republicans, democrats et al on this board by Christians. Of course, the proper response is a debate and not whinging and whining.
UtahBill said:
But you, as a moderator, are acting extremely immature. Like I said, a new low had been reached, and you are the one doing it. You owe the entire membership of this site an apology.
I'm sorry you're here.
UtahBill said:
You might even report yourself to the other Mods? Perhaps get suspended as a Moderator? Or at least learn to debate an issue instead of attacking beliefs that you know very little about.
And how do you know what I know? That's quite presumptuous.
UtahBill said:
So far, I have read posts from 2 in this thread who claim to know about Mormons, and when someone who has lived among them since 1977 calls you on your outright lies, you get defensive and attack even more.
And where did I lie? You need to prove that claim.

UtahBill said:
One of you is very young, so I expect a little ignorance and intolerance from him. You are 32, and act like you are half that age.
And that statement was mature? Pot, kettle. 'Cept I'm white. :mrgreen:

shuamort said:
Really? I said that? Hold on, lemme check..... nope. Not there. Sorry, your strawman is not applicable there.

That's complete untrue. I hate all religions equally. This is just the germane one in this thread so it would just appear that I hate this one more.

Really? You haven't read all of my posts, I've gone much, much lower for less.

Whoopy-dee-doo.

If it were my personal club, you wouldn't be here. Ironic, don't you think?

I guess we can't all like pedophiles then. (Hah, I thought I'd make a strawman too.)

There have been plenty of attacks on gays, women, republicans, democrats et al on this board by Christians. Of course, the proper response is a debate and not whinging and whining.
I'm sorry you're here.

And how do you know what I know? That's quite presumptuous.
And where did I lie? You need to prove that claim.

And that statement was mature? Pot, kettle. 'Cept I'm white. :mrgreen:
Read more carefully, with your brain engaged. When I said lies, I was including your little buddy skilmatic, whom you really like to support.
I didn't say it was your personal club, but that you are using it as so.
Whatever happened to "bias optional, civility a must".
Surely a moderator should be the most civil of all, but that would take a measure of tolerance that you are short on.
There is no intellect in an intolerant person, smarts maybe, but no intellect, and without intellect, wisdom will never be part of your life.

What bothers me, and quite frankly makes me doubt everyone of these conspiracy theories is this, how in the hell did we, the government, ever get 19 men who obviously hate our guts, to participate in this grand plot?:confused:

I mean really folks, these men were willing to die, and for what, to get Bush re-elected? I'm sorry, you'll just have to do better then this, this point alone is laughable, and not at all disputable!:roll:

UtahBill said:
Read more carefully, with your brain engaged. When I said lies,
You wrote "you" and not "he". Perhaps it's not my reading skills but the writer's error.
UtahBill said:
I was including your little buddy skilmatic, whom you really like to support.
I support ideas, not people.

UtahBill said:
That's good, because I never said that you said it was my personal club.

UtahBill said:
You drew your weapon and now you're claiming police brutality.
UtahBill said:
Surely a moderator should be the most civil of all, but that would take a measure of tolerance that you are short on.
Again with the personal attacks. Would you like to take the time and read the rules again?
UtahBill said:
There is no intellect in an intolerant person, smarts maybe, but no intellect, and without intellect, wisdom will never be part of your life.
Blanket syllogism. I don't tolerate fools and that doesn't make my intellect suffer one iota.

shuamort said:
You wrote "you" and not "he". Perhaps it's not my reading skills but the writer's error.

I support ideas, not people.

That's good, because I never said that you said it was my personal club.

You drew your weapon and now you're claiming police brutality.

Again with the personal attacks. Would you like to take the time and read the rules again?

Blanket syllogism. I don't tolerate fools and that doesn't make my intellect suffer one iota.
"You" can be plural, I suppose I should have said Ya'll ?
You support ideas? Have you ever had one? Spit it out, it ain't yours.
You do not tolerate fools but expect others to tolerate you? That is bigotry.
Intellect has to exist before it can suffer.
Perhaps you should read the rules, and then quote the one that says moderators can be obnoxious, rude, ignorant to others.
The truth is, you can't accept that there might be others here who actually know something, instead of just thinking you know something based on a few lines that you found an internet site that just happens to share the same prejudices that you have.
That is the kind of thing that AI depends on for his crap.

shuamort said:

Found the rule that favors you, the underlined part....but the bold part also suggests that you should meet a higher standard...
not too sure about the italics portion, I suppose that is subject to interpretation, by the moderators, of course.
Not an even playing field here, is there?

5. Moderators - Moderators are the key to the success of any board. They are expected to live up to a higher standard as such we expect you to treat them with a higher standard. Any rule broken against a moderator could result in immediate banning.

UtahBill said:
Read more carefully, with your brain engaged. When I said lies, I was including your little buddy skilmatic, whom you really like to support.

[Moderator mode]
:smash:

UtahBill,

As per the forum rules, there is a
report.gif

button to use if you have an issue with either a comment or the person posting it.

I've read the last few exchanges and it seems your emotions are getting the best of you and rely on personal outbursts against the other forum members in the public area...This is AGAINST forum rules....

If you would like to continue these personal attacks, I suggest you take it to the Basement...

But if you do not cease & desist immediately within the public areas, action will be taken...

This IS an official warning...

[Moderator mode]

UtahBill said:
Your words, pal, and they are wrong. Chapels are not elaborate, and they don't keep tabs on members salaries.

Their temples are elaborate, but not their chapels, and only a member in good standing gets to go inside the temples, except during the short period right after construction when they are opened to the public for tours. I have lived among Mormos since 1977, and know the basic doctrine, and I doubt that you do or you wouldn't be telling your lies.
Yes, I said let them believe. It does no good to mess with people's cherished beliefs. You don't believe any of it, I believe some of it, they might believe all of it. And truth about religions is subjective. Like I said, religions are not about truth, but faith. Did you not read that?
It is not ignorant to allow others to remain ignorant, or wrong, or in error, if they are doing no harm. When they cross the "harm" line, tho, they need to be challenged, such as when they attack abortion clinics, gay groups, picketing other religions, etc.

You say you have a friend who is a Mormon? Ask him, show him your posts, and he will tell you that what you say is a crock.....

It is very discomforting to know that you are vehemently wrong. Mormons are some of the most nicest people around. Althogh they are beleiving in some mans fairy tale I do give them lots of credit in their peacefulness. I dont get into peoples beliefs, however, I tell them facts and I let them decide for themselves. The christians tried doing this in the crusades and it ended up costing tens of thousands of lives. And this only proves my argument that religions are useless in a certain sense.

UtahBill said:
True, ID is an end run, and the religionists are not fooling anybody, except perhaps themselves.
Agreed.
Scientific evidence, there is none, of course, but there are scientists who look at all the seemingly impossible circumstances that must exist in order for any life to exist on this planet, much less evolve, and wonder.....
And then they set up the Scientific Hypothesis and test their wondering. That's where Scientific Discoveries come from. But none of these wonderings have ever showed any supernatural source for Life.

There is a new DVD that came out from someone who was taping the events of 9/11 and caught the explosions before the tower collapsed and smoke rising from the bottom of the north tower right before it collapsed.

The buildings would not fall at free fall speed. I dont care what you guys say. Buildings DO NOT fall through tons of steel and concrete as fast as they would through the air. It is common sense. Plus anyone who watches the falls can clearly see there is NO gain of momentum. The fall starts and ends at the same speed.

The problem with all of you is that you believe whatever the media says. Because the discovery channel says something you believe it. You dont even bother to explain why the "truss theory" leaves our approximately 32,000 tons of steel. 32,000 tons.......GONE. I wonder why we cant see the Twin Tower blueprints.

As for Building 7, do you really think it was that weak? It was straddling the Con-Edison electrical substation for the city and housed offices of the DOD, CIA, SEC, IRS, and Secret Service. Yeah, it was probably flimsy.

Just watch the collapse, free fall speed from fires on a couple floors. I have no hope for the people who sit here and blindy take it up the backside. I just hope next time the government stages terror attacks on its own people, they use you guys.

Day of Deceit uses de classified government documents to prove Pearl Harbor was not a suprise attack.

Operation Northwoods was a plan to kill Americans for a war on Cuba.

Free Kuwait was based on testimony by a girl from Kuwait who took acting classes.

The Gulf of Tonkin never happened.

These scams have already been proved, why dont you people wake up?

Why would the terrorists attack us? How did they benefit?

OH I FORGOT, they attacked us because they hate our freedom. YEAH, like they care what we do or dont get to do over here. By the way, GWB is a genius, he always tells us "dont let them win........if you stop doing this......you're letting them win"

How about the Patriot Act? How's that for letting them win?

Deegan said:
What bothers me, and quite frankly makes me doubt everyone of these conspiracy theories is this, how in the hell did we, the government, ever get 19 men who obviously hate our guts, to participate in this grand plot?:confused:

I mean really folks, these men were willing to die, and for what, to get Bush re-elected? I'm sorry, you'll just have to do better then this, this point alone is laughable, and not at all disputable!:roll:

Your comment only shows you ignorance in the matter. Some of the supposed "High jackers" (which were merely patsies for the operation) were trained at the Pensicola Navel Air Base. The connections between the CIA and "Al Quedia" go back as least as far as to when they trained them along with Osama in the Soviet Afganistan war. They were the Mujahadeen. The word Al Queda itself translates literally to "the database". The CIA coined this phrase for them because on Osamas computer there was a file named this with the list of all the Mujahadeen freedom fighters. Funny they happened to pick the same name for themselves. After all "the database" surley has a scary tone to it, right?
All of the inteligence agencies includig MI-5, the mossad, and the CIA have close ties with their "boogey men". Why do you think the "mastermind" of the London bombings was being protected by the MI-5? If you don't believe that I have the Fox news report admitting it.
I could go on for hours to the proof of CIA and other intelligence agencies having ties to the terrorist groups they have created. After all they created them. But I leave that up to you to do some research.

You obviously never checked the facts did you titus.....you just BLURTED a reply about ravenmoons comment........
Go check you facts, its all out there in black n white....and conspiracy theorists isnt a tilte in my book, i only go with the conspiracy fact...

hrafn said:
You obviously never checked the facts did you titus.....you just BLURTED a reply about ravenmoons comment........
Go check you facts, its all out there in black n white....and conspiracy theorists isnt a tilte in my book, i only go with the conspiracy fact...

lmfao if the 9-11 hijackers were infact still alive as you claim then why have none of them come forward? Better yet why isn't this info plastered on every front page in the world? Why no mention of it even on Al-Jazeera? Excuse me if I don't believe some conspiracy kook website I prefer to get my info from reputable sources but that's just me.

You still havent researched have you....rant rant rant....try research of YOUR OWN!

Check out some of these reliable sources

At Least Four to Nine of the 9-11 Hijackers are Alive !
-- Nick Hopkins , " False Identities Mislead FBI", Guardian, Sept 21,2001
-- " At Least 4 of the of the 9-11 hijackers are alive and well," BBC News , Sept 23,2001
-- " Dead Hijacker Resurfaces, Denies Involvement," All Africa.com, Sept.24,2001
-- David Bamford, " Hijack Suspect Alive In Morocco," BBc News, Sept, Sept 22
-- Kate Connolly ," Father Insists Alleged Leader is Still Alive," Guardian, Sept.2,2002
-- " Hijack Suspect Alive and Well," BBC News, Sept.23,2001
-- Timothy Maier," FBI Denies Mix-UP Of 9/11 Terrorists," Insight magazine, June 11,2003
-- www.justicefor911.org/iiB1_HijackerOddities_111904.php
-- http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/hijackers.html

http://www.rense.com/Datapages/popmechdat.htm

There's so much data out on the net and in the everyday common place, all ya gotta do is look for it.......

How many folks on here actually think for their selves??

I mean really set back and examine things from every possible angle w/out a "belief system"??

It's not "blastphemy" to question everything!!!

It is CONTROL, for those that design these scenarios for most of us to experience.

If your not familiar with it - lemme' break it down for ya.......

It's called:

Problem/Reaction/Solution.

The United States is built on this very foundation.....

The government/powers that be make a "problem" that we the people cannot stand for, so we "react", then the "solution" gets set in place.

See, they got what they wanted WITHOUT even raising an eyebrow....

Ya get it??

So they wanna put us on lock-down, they cause the tragedy, make the war, instate the patriot act, which by the way, you yes you can be accused of "terrorism", by the slightest thing, and they got what they wanted all along, plus made a BIG PROFIT off the misery & suffering of the innocent.

Dont forget that under the color of your skin, and the dirt of your country, you still bleed red.

All ya gotta do is google some of this stuff, there's even video on google from the 70's where rumsfeld is meeting w/ Husein to sell him arms.

And it's no secret that bin ladin & the bush family have been in business for years.

Even vacationed on the "Riviera". All ya gotta do is look.

Dont belive us, belive your own eyes, research, if it within your grasp to do so.......:2wave: :2wave:

Wonder Woman said:
http://www.rense.com/Datapages/popmechdat.htm

There's so much data out on the net and in the everyday common place, all ya gotta do is look for it.......

false data and pseudo-science which are akin to enemy propoganda

How many folks on here actually think for their selves??

I mean really set back and examine things from every possible angle w/out a "belief system"??

we've already been over all this crap before in another thread and teacher has disproven all of this crap on his own.

It's not "blastphemy" to question everything!!!

It is CONTROL, for those that design these scenarios for most of us to experience.

no it's called the paranoid style of politics if you don't know what that is let me break it down for you (see below)

If your not familiar with it - lemme' break it down for ya.......

It's called:

Problem/Reaction/Solution.

The United States is built on this very foundation.....

The government/powers that be make a "problem" that we the people cannot stand for, so we "react", then the "solution" gets set in place.

lmfao ya the U.S. created the problem of terrorism :roll:

See, they got what they wanted WITHOUT even raising an eyebrow....

Ya get it??

So they wanna put us on lock-down, they cause the tragedy, make the war, instate the patriot act, which by the way, you yes you can be accused of "terrorism", by the slightest thing, and they got what they wanted all along, plus made a BIG PROFIT off the misery & suffering of the innocent.

ya it's a huge conspiracy those evil bussinesses trying to make a profit and giving people jobs to feed there families damn capitalism :roll:

Dont forget that under the color of your skin, and the dirt of your country, you still bleed red.

WTF are you talking about?

All ya gotta do is google some of this stuff, there's even video on google from the 70's where rumsfeld is meeting w/ Husein to sell him arms.

Ya I believe everything I read on the internet including the existence of the Illuminati and extraterestrials :roll:

It was a cold war alliance in a zero sum game where one nations gain was also the other nations loss.

And it's no secret that bin ladin & the bush family have been in business for years.

lmfao the Bin Ladin family is huge and the head of it is a highly respected Construction Contracter and the richest man in Saudi Arabia aside from the Royal family is it any wonder that they would have investments in the U.S.???

Even vacationed on the "Riviera". All ya gotta do is look.
Dont belive us, belive your own eyes, research, if it within your grasp to do so.......:2wave:

I'll believe the Popular Mechanics scientific report dispelling all of the conspiracy theories rather than your fringe kook nazi propoganda websites about the illuminati and jewish bankers.

From the pages of "Political Ideologies Their Origins and Impact 8th ed.," by Leon P. Baradat:

Just as the pluralist must be understood as distinct from elite theorists, care must be taken that the elite theorists are not confused with those who espouse conspiratorial theories. Conspiratorialists are phobic about politics. They believe that someone, usually a small group of unseen people, is secretly and diabolically controlling things from behind the scenes. Among the suspected master manipulators are communists, international bankers, Jews, and satan worshipers. The various militarnt civilian milititia groups around the country that have come to prominence since the 1995 bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City are deeply embroiled in conspiratorial suspicions. They see the federal government as a sinister culprit, constantly maneuvering to deny innocent patriots their liberties.

In the 1960s, Pulitizer Prize winning historian Richard Hofstadter analyzed the conspiratorial approach to politics, referring to it as the "paranoid style." While Holfstadter concedes in his book, the Paranoid Style in Ameican Politics, that some secret planning accompanies virtually every political movement, the paranoid style imagines a plot of colossal proportions affecting millions and the threatening the very nation itself. Using isolated facts together with a curious leap in imagination to prove to their own satisfaction the existence of the conspiracy, persons asserting the paranoid style mentally catapult from the "undeniable to the unbelievable," as Hofstadter puts it. They are convined that their imagined opponent is totally evil and that their own motives are pure, but often misunderstood. Public rejection of their point of view is often interpreted as persecution, and so their stance becomes increasingly militant as they see their situation becoming more and more hopeless.

The suggestion that the nation, or indeed the world, is controlled by such secret and evil power is frequently found very attractive. It brushes aside the immense complexity of modern politics and substitutes for it a very simple scenario. If people can believe that they are manipulated by unkown uncontrollable forces, they can escape any responsibility for understanding or solving social problems. Politics is thus reduced to a very simple equation. There is a single source of our difficulties, and if only we can get at the source and root it out all will be well.

Yet the very simplicity of such theories makes them suspect. It stretches credulity beyond rational limits to suggest that a few masterminds could, without our knowing it, be pulling the strings that make the rest dance like puppets. No less bizarre is the belief that the federal government has somehow become the tool of megalomaniacs whose mission is to enslave the hapless citizenry. To some people, however, believing in an evil force is preferable to coming to grips with the complexities of reality, and accepting such fantasies represents the ultimate abdication of personal responsibility so necessary to a successful democracy.

(Sound like anyone you know around here? *cough 911 thread *cough)

Seek help ass holes!

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
From the pages of "Political Ideologies Their Origins and Impact 8th ed.," by Leon P. Baradat:

Just as the pluralist must be understood as distinct from elite theorists, care must be taken that the elite theorists are not confused with those who espouse conspiratorial theories. Conspiratorialists are phobic about politics. They believe that someone, usually a small group of unseen people, is secretly and diabolically controlling things from behind the scenes. Among the suspected master manipulators are communists, international bankers, Jews, and satan worshipers. The various militarnt civilian milititia groups around the country that have come to prominence since the 1995 bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City are deeply embroiled in conspiratorial suspicions. They see the federal government as a sinister culprit, constantly maneuvering to deny innocent patriots their liberties.

In the 1960s, Pulitizer Prize winning historian Richard Hofstadter analyzed the conspiratorial approach to politics, referring to it as the "paranoid style." While Holfstadter concedes in his book, the Paranoid Style in Ameican Politics, that some secret planning accompanies virtually every political movement, the paranoid style imagines a plot of colossal proportions affecting millions and the threatening the very nation itself. Using isolated facts together with a curious leap in imagination to prove to their own satisfaction the existence of the conspiracy, persons asserting the paranoid style mentally catapult from the "undeniable to the unbelievable," as Hofstadter puts it. They are convined that their imagined opponent is totally evil and that their own motives are pure, but often misunderstood. Public rejection of their point of view is often interpreted as persecution, and so their stance becomes increasingly militant as they see their situation becoming more and more hopeless.

The suggestion that the nation, or indeed the world, is controlled by such secret and evil power is frequently found very attractive. It brushes aside the immense complexity of modern politics and substitutes for it a very simple scenario. If people can believe that they are manipulated by unkown uncontrollable forces, they can escape any responsibility for understanding or solving social problems. Politics is thus reduced to a very simple equation. There is a single source of our difficulties, and if only we can get at the source and root it out all will be well.

Yet the very simplicity of such theories makes them suspect. It stretches credulity beyond rational limits to suggest that a few masterminds could, without our knowing it, be pulling the strings that make the rest dance like puppets. No less bizarre is the belief that the federal government has somehow become the tool of megalomaniacs whose mission is to enslave the hapless citizenry. To some people, however, believing in an evil force is preferable to coming to grips with the complexities of reality, and accepting such fantasies represents the ultimate abdication of personal responsibility so necessary to a successful democracy.

(Sound like anyone you know around here? *cough 911 thread *cough)

Seek help ass holes!

You are a very close-minded little man.

That is just your opinion, click the links........

You talk like a man w/ a paper asshole. :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom