• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Photojournalists "banned for life" from Miami-Dade Metrorail

Travelsonic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Banned for Life from the Miami-Dade Metrorail | Very Stretchy Indeed
Photography has allowed me to see and experienced a lot of things, and yesterday I had an experience that I won’t forget for a long time. I’ll bet that some of the other folks involved – including but not limited to my friend Carlos Miller, various employees of a Miami company called “50 State Security,” three officers from the Miami Police Department, two officers from the Miami-Dade Police Department, and a gentleman who identified himself as an employee of the federal Department of Homeland Security – won’t forget it for a while either.

This makes my blood boil, bad enough those assclowns at 50-State Security were the way they were, but for the cops to shove their thumbs up their asses about it makes it even more aggravating.

/opinion

I can't really say one way or another. What we have is a persons blog and its edited vids. We don't have the police, etc reports. Without seeing the other side of the incident, its one persons take on the issue. I wonder why they didn't arrange and recieve written permission for the photos? Seems a little pre-work for the assignment would be in order.

.... its one persons take on the issue.

Actually, 2, within the linked page is the url of the blog for the 2nd person involved.

I wonder why they didn't arrange and recieve written permission for the photos?

Because they were outside, in a public parking lot / sidewalk outside the station, and even still, they went to the person in charge of security for the railway/metrorail, and found out there aren't any restrictions to begin with for personal/noncommercial photography to begin with.

And why would you WANT to have to get permission to take pictures from a public place of a public place funded by taxpayer $$s?

It looks to me like its more an issue of undertrained private security guards thinking they have real badges and acting stupidly than anything else. It seems that they muddled the issue.

The appropriate thing for the gentleman with the camera to have done would have been to make a phone call to his contact at the security office and have him instruct his guards to stand down.

It still bothers me that the police would harass a private citizen like this at the instruction of rent-a-cops.

Back
Top Bottom