• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Photo id

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
You need photo id when purchasing alcohol, cigarettes, tide pods, etc. When I go to my local grocery store and pay with my credit card I need to show photo id.

Other things required with photo id: will call tickets.

Why do many insist photo id should not be required when voting? Imo unless we mandate a federal id voting law we should put a end to recounts.

Lol you still have to show photo id when using credit cards in the US? Thought you were finally getting chip and pin....

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

I don't mind Photo IDs so long as their made available equally to everyone.

You need photo id when purchasing alcohol, cigarettes, tide pods, etc. When I go to my local grocery store and pay with my credit card I need to show photo id.

Why do many insist photo id should not be required when voting? Imo unless we mandate a federal id voting law we should put a end to recounts.

Do people under 21 still buy alcohol?

I don't mind Photo IDs so long as their made available equally to everyone.

Thank you. This is exactly my thought. Offer free ID for anyone without any reasons to discourage someone going to get it and I'll sign up for ID laws. I voted against it twice in NC. Unfortunately, they got it past our SC by making it a constitutional amendment.

We've done this thread about 87 times by now. I believe it was the same OP too saying you had to show ID at the grocery store. I can't even remember the last time I was asked for ID when using a debit or credit card.

I'm all for photo ID to vote, though. Makes perfect sense.

Thank you. This is exactly my thought. Offer free ID for anyone without any reasons to discourage someone going to get it and I'll sign up for ID laws. I voted against it twice in NC. Unfortunately, they got it past our SC by making it a constitutional amendment.

Im not sure if people on this forum have been eating lead paints but a photo id is accessible to any citizen in the United States.

We've done this thread about 87 times by now. I believe it was the same OP too saying you had to show ID at the grocery store. I can't even remember the last time I was asked for ID when using a debit or credit card.

It is illegal to j walk yet I see people do it every day.

It is illegal to j walk yet I see people do it every day.

And .......................................... how does that apply to my post?

Im not sure if people on this forum have been eating lead paints but a photo id is accessible to any citizen in the United States.

10 - 35 bucks for a basic ID in most states. Not free. Some states have nasty rules about acceptable forms of existing ID. Some states have warrant checks, which are shown to deter people even with a clean record.

It's not freely available. Voting is not given these costs and restrictions. For a reason. You require the ID, you put these restrictions on the right to vote.

10 - 35 bucks for a basic ID in most states. Not free. Some states have nasty rules about acceptable forms of existing ID. Some states have warrant checks, which are shown to deter people even with a clean record.

It's not freely available. Voting is not given these costs and restrictions. For a reason. You require the ID, you put these restrictions on the right to vote.

If you cannot pay 10-35 for an id you probably have bigger issues in your life than voting.

Purchasing alcohol and cigs isn’t guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, voting is.

* Where is ID required by law to buy Tide pods?

If you cannot pay 10-35 for an id you probably have bigger issues in your life than voting.

Or you might really want to vote in hopes of helping to change your position in life.

Are you able to see the irony in this ^^? Think about it, let it sink in ....... take your time.

Because it's raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacist:roll:

Photo ID's that are required for voting should not be accessible, they should be guaranteed. If there are any restrictions aside from citizenship (including fees of any kind) placed on getting a voter ID, then voting is no longer a right applicable to US citizens. It is a privilege for those who qualify.

Because they are racists....

Voter ID? We don't need no stinkin' voter ID!

I had to use my ID at the bank yesterday. Getting a laminated picture the size of a business card is hard.

wrong ....

Alcohol/cigs depending on where i go yes some places no
never been asked for ID for tide pods
its extremely rare im asked for id when using my credit card . . i honestly cant even remember when

I dont know anybody that has an issue with Voter ID as long as its dont right and its about . . wait for it .. . "ID"

if the ID is FREE and readily available at places other IDs can be obtained including the polling place on the same day if you have the proper documentation and all other goverment accepted IDS are also accepted I dont know anybody that has an issue with that :shrug:

if they do let them come forward now and say so...

what people right left and center dont want is an ID that cost money, is hard to get (like available in only one location per county), other forms of IDs excluded when the government already accepts them else where. changing of polling locations, changing of days when you can vote like Sundays, changing or restricting of vot days early voting or absentee voting or laws about identical name matching so a person who was Jane Doe a year ago, now count vote because her name is now Jane Doe-Brown but her current ID doesnt say that because its not due for renewal yet...

but if you disagree find these large amounts of people that are agsint voter ID how i described it . . they dont exist

Lol you still have to show photo id when using credit cards in the US? Thought you were finally getting chip and pin....

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

we dont actually and havent even before chip and pin . . its extremely rare im asked for id and cent remember when i was just for using a credit card

I'm all for photo ID to vote, though. Makes perfect sense.

I dont know anybody that isnt as long as its done right and its about ID :shrug:

depends on what ID you are talking about . . some cost money, some can only be obtained in certain locations at certain times etc etc,
so NO your claim is factually wrong when talking about how accessible and hoe available it is which was the context you quoted.

your opinion about that is meaningless to the topic . . some could EASILY argue that voting may be your MOST IMPORTANT issue if you cant afford 35$

Unless you are looking pretty shady or purchasing something over $100, you are usually never carded for credit card usage. Where are you going and what is your purchase that you are getting carded for credit cards?

Back
Top Bottom