• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Phone Polls

Would you agree to be involved phone poll?

• Yes, but I might mess with some of the answers.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

roguenuke

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
So the thread about how many people don't know who the US gained independence from made me think of this.

Would you agree to answer poll questions over the phone?

Would it matter if it was your home phone or cell phone? Would you answer the questions honestly and to the best of your ability, even if they were inconveniencing you? Would the time that they called matter?

For me, I probably wouldn't agree to answer poll questions over my cell more than half the time (I don't have a home phone). Those times that I would answer the poll, I would probably answer as quickly as I could, so I'm not promising that my answers would absolutely be "to the best of my knowledge".

I usually tell the pollsters I'm a communist. That shuts the old ladies up really quickly during dinner time.

Last edited:
I've answered poll questions over the phone before. I answered honestly because I had no reason to lie. (not to mention that being honest is always my first inclination anyway)

I don't think I've received a phone call asking me to answer poll questions yet.

I would likely answer to the best of my knowledge, limited though it may be.

So the thread about how many people don't know who the US gained independence from made me think of this.

Would you agree to answer poll questions over the phone?

Would it matter if it was your home phone or cell phone? Would you answer the questions honestly and to the best of your ability, even if they were inconveniencing you? Would the time that they called matter?

For me, I probably wouldn't agree to answer poll questions over my cell more than half the time (I don't have a home phone). Those times that I would answer the poll, I would probably answer as quickly as I could, so I'm not promising that my answers would absolutely be "to the best of my knowledge".

My guess is anyone willing to designate their time to a forum like this would not waste their time "messing" with the some of the answers. I would be flattered being asked to be part of a phone poll. I've done a phone poll about movies before, but never about politics. They asked me how willing I'd be to see upcoming movies like Spiderman 2, Superman, Xmen 2, and some others I can't remember. Only problem is it took nearly a half an hour... but I had nothing better to do so I enjoyed hearing about the upcoming movies :D

I've responded to probably three or four over the years. A few of them were obviously push polls, which are really done for a specific candidate as a sneaky way of attacking their opponents. ("Would you still vote for candidate X if I told you that he was a child molester who kicked puppies?") On those, I usually said "That's enough" once I realized and then hung up, but on others I've been honest and truthful.

Back
Top Bottom