• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Phone calls to fix your computer.

PIPEWRENCH

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I keep getting calls from people to fix my computer. They say my computer has reported problems and they are calling to fix the problem. They sound like they are from Asia maybe India? I know my computer does send error messages to Dell and Microsoft. My problem is I can barely understand them. I also have several computers phones and tablets on wireless network and they can't tell me which one it is. That is usually when I hang up. However the calls have become numerous. Anyone else have these people calling and are they just another scam? I wish there was someone you could report these people to. I don't talk to anyone unless I get a number I can call them back on.

They are trying to rip you off. They will charge over a hundred dollars to run routine computer maintenance that windows can and already does for itself.

I keep getting calls from people to fix my computer. They say my computer has reported problems and they are calling to fix the problem. They sound like they are from Asia maybe India? I know my computer does send error messages to Dell and Microsoft. My problem is I can barely understand them. I also have several computers phones and tablets on wireless network and they can't tell me which one it is. That is usually when I hang up. However the calls have become numerous. Anyone else have these people calling and are they just another scam? I wish there was someone you could report these people to. I don't talk to anyone unless I get a number I can call them back on.

It's a scam. They call and get you to give them access to your computer. There are some funny youtube videos of people pranking the callers. But it's 100% a scam.

Careful with the threats. You will end up in GITMO. If the democrats get their way you wont even get a trial. Due process has become a waste of time.:(

I do mess with them when I have time. I keep asking over and over if they speak English. Or if they could put someone on the phone who speaks English. I have had them hang up on me. Or I keep saying "I want to waste your time." after every thing they say over and over till they hang up. It is hilarious.:lol:

Neither MS nor Dell is going to call you like that. Get as much info about them as you can and report them to the feds.

Tell them to go **** themselves. Say you dont have a computer. Go check youtube for PC support scammer or Microsoft support scammer... quite a few videos and some of them are funny.

I seriously doubt that a criminal enterprise is going to call the police on me for threatening their life. Would you report a missing suitcase of weed to the authorities if it didn't show up in the baggage return?

They are trying to rip you off. They will charge over a hundred dollars to run routine computer maintenance that windows can and already does for itself.

I figured that but then I got thinking well if my computer is sending error messages and when the call to fix them I hang up is not good either.

I seriously doubt that a criminal enterprise is going to call the police on me for threatening their life. Would you report a missing suitcase of weed to the authorities if it didn't show up in the baggage return?

Not likely. However there are legitimate people calling as well. It could be one of those politically correct crybabies and report you. Especially if they record you and claim you are a terrorist. Next thing you know you are on a no fly list and they come to take your rights away. We are no longer free and due process as well as the constitution are being hacked away at an alarming rate currently.

It's a scam.

They are watching you!

i love screwing with these guys....if i have the time

i keep asking silly questions....until they get so fed up, they hang up on me

i also have a small air horn blaster next to the phone for these and the IRS callers.....

they dont like that either

Careful with the threats. You will end up in GITMO. If the democrats get their way you wont even get a trial. Due process has become a waste of time.

The Bush administration weren't Democrats.

I work in IT.

I keep them on the line as long as possible. I am shooting for an hour. My best is 20 minutes or so.

Usually I play stupid as I follow their lead. Then in the end I ask them if their mother is proud of them lying for a paycheck.

Or I play along and ask them how my computer is alerting their servers when it is turned off. One drone even tried to convince me the computer would talk to their servers when the wifi and the ethernet connections were disconnected and the laptop hasn't been booted in over a year.

The idiots are reading from a script. If time is tight I simply tell the drone what his next few steps will be. That pisses them off as well.

The Bush administration weren't Democrats.

Oh it was Bush in congress trying to take away our right to purchase a gun without due process just suspicion. It was Bush that wanted to arrest American citizens for suspicion of being a terrorist and send them to GITMO without due process.

My mistake.:lamo:lamo:lamo

Not likely. However there are legitimate people calling as well. It could be one of those politically correct crybabies and report you. Especially if they record you and claim you are a terrorist. Next thing you know you are on a no fly list and they come to take your rights away. We are no longer free and due process as well as the constitution are being hacked away at an alarming rate currently.

If you report death threats against your family, you're a "politically correct crybaby."

You know what? If you make death threats against my family, you'll be glad if I decide to call the police instead of hunting your ass down myself. **** your due process.

If you report death threats against your family, you're a "politically correct crybaby."

You know what? If you make death threats against my family, you'll be glad if I decide to call the police instead of hunting your ass down myself. **** your due process.

I agree. I don't make threats. Wen I was a MP you were taught not to make threats but tell them what the consequences of their action will most likely bring.

i started ****ing with them a little bit. they always say that they're from microsoft, and that my computer has a virus. i'll respond, "well, that's certainly odd, since i have a mac." other times, i'll try to pin them down on the specific device that they're referring to. another time, i explained the scam to the scammer. here's how i understand it :

1. they call you to tell you that a virus has been detected on your system and that they will help you to remove it.

2. they direct you to a website which installs a rootkit on your device. once that's on there, they have total access. they tell you that the virus is removed, and then proceed to steal your identity using the personal / financial info that they find on your computer.

3. profit.

the one i explained the scam to got really pissed off at me. he said, and this is the exact quote, "**** you, you son of a bleeding mother****." i laughed, told him to have a good one, and hung up.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom