• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Phone calls at lunch time

What do you think of phone calls at lunch time?

• I hate them

• I love them

• I do not care

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Phone calls at lunch time I find a nuisance.

A lot worse than "shoes on in other people's homes.

Turn you phone off at lunch time. Problem solved.

Incoming or neccesary outgoing?

I agree with @Mycroft - turn off phone.

Of course it depends on what the phone call is.
Sometimes, for me, it's money, and I welcome those calls any time of day or night.
Back when Leon Russell was still alive, I would sometimes get strange calls at odd hours from people who thought that I worked FOR Leon and that maybe I could get messages to him.
Well, I did know Leon, but not on a level where I could pick up the phone and drive him nuts with special requests.
I just knew him and his family because I'd produced that concert film, the one he'd walked away from all those years ago.

So I'd get these calls from time to time, one in particular at around 2:30 AM from a guy in Japan who was a rabid Leon fan (yes, Leon has a big fan base in Japan of all places) and he wanted to let me know how much he enjoyed the film and would I let Leon know that he would love to have Leon come back and do some more shows over there.
You have to be nice, even if they call you in the wee hours. 🤣

Last edited:
Phone calls at lunch time - I hate them!

Ignore them and let them leave a message, you can call back those you choose to.

Don't answer?

Of course it depends on what the phone call is.
Sometimes, for me, it's money, and I welcome those calls any time of day or night.
Back when Leon Russell was still alive, I would sometimes get strange calls at odd hours from people who thought that I worked FOR Leon and that maybe I could get messages to him.
Well, I did know Leon, but not on a level where I could pick up the phone and drive him nuts with special requests.
I just knew him and his family because I'd produced that concert film, the one he'd walked away from all those years ago.

So I'd get these calls from time to time, one in particular at around 2:30 AM from a guy in Japan who was a rabid Leon fan (yes, Leon has a big fan base in Japan of all places) and he wanted to let me know how much he enjoyed the film and would I let Leon know that he would love to have Leon come back and do some more shows over there.
You have to be nice, even if they call you in the wee hours. 🤣

Who is or was Leon Russell?

Back
Top Bottom