• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Philando Castile narrative already starting to fall apart

His gun was no out in the open.

So if you were a cop you would let someone point their gun at you before shooting? You would have a very short career as a cop.

I must've missed the part where the penalty for doing drugs (even with a kid in the back - as vile as that is) was death without trial.
I've seen this kind of characterization after a lot of these incidents, and it just strikes me as childish and dishonest.

There is a gun in my house. That doesn't mean there is a legitimate threat or any threat at all inside my house. If I carry my gun in my car, that doesn't mean there is a legitimate threat either. A cop carryings a gun every single day. A cop should know a gun itself is not a threat.
Even when the gun is sitting in the lap of a suspected armed robber who was just pulled over?

So if you were a cop you would let someone point their gun at you before shooting? You would have a very short career as a cop.

There is no evidence that he pointed a gun at the cop. I think the cop would have said that and it would have been self defense.

There is no evidence that he pointed a gun at the cop. I think the cop would have said that and it would have been self defense.

There doesn't have to be evidence a suspect pointed a gun. If the officer gives the suspect a lawful order like keeping their hands in the open and said suspect reaches for a concealed or possible concealed weapon, the officer can shoot providing the officer was in fear of his life and can show he was in fear. In the Minnesota shooting the suspect was armed, if I am not mistaken.

The truth? It interests you less than your biases, judging from your comments. But here are two facts to brighten your morning.

1. Castile had a permit for his gun, issued by Hennepin County.

2. The gun was not in his lap. It was not out in the open. The policeman knew of the gun only because Castile acknowledged he was carrying one pursuant to his permit.

How do you know this is the truth?

Back
Top Bottom