• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Philadelphia will reinstate its indoor mask mandate as cases rise

Question is how many risk death by not wearing a mask? Not many,
Except for the dead ones who decided making some political point they could never actually articulate (apart from yelling 'freedom!), was a sensible alternative to keeping themselves, and others, alive.

Except for the dead ones who decided making some political point they could never actually articulate (apart from yelling 'freedom!), was a sensible alternative to keeping themselves, and others, alive.
How many risk getting sick? Very many.
Arguing with histrionics is unrewarding and frustrating. I argue based on reason, not emotions.

I have either been working from home or my boat since covid started, and taking a lot of extra holiday time while I could. 2 weeks back I finally had to get back out. 4 full flights, crowded airports, 4 days in open office spaces, and some restaurants etc in one week. So I got serious with my mask wearing. Ended up with people around me (next desk to me even), going down with covid, but i never got hit. I was moderately diligent with hand wipes etc as well, but not anal about it. Isolated myself in our guest house before doing a RAT test when I got home.

Bottom line for me is that i would rather wear a mask than risk spreading this bug. Given the time I spent in crowded airports, planes, offices etc I'm going to assume for now that masks and hand wipes aren't just some silly conspiracy. The rest of my family, who have all been physically at work a lot more than I have, have all avoided covid as well so far even when people near them at work have gone down. Again just basic masks and hand cleaning in the ways that have been advised.

This thread/story was around longer than the actual mandate as it was just rescinded.

This thread/story was around longer than the actual mandate as it was just rescinded.
Ha, just came to post it. Lasted as long as a Kardashian marriage.

Sad that so many people in Philadelphia will die because their local government is more interested in freedumb.

Sad that so many people in Philadelphia will die because their local government is more interested in freedumb.
If you want to mask, who's stopping you?

How many?

A non zero number. And that's too many, I would say.
The 7 day average number of deaths in Philadelphia County is less than 1/day. The number of homicides in the city is more than 1/day. Your views seem in line with the Shanghai government.

Risks to human interactions? Do you wish us to turn into dehumanized robots to defeat a common cold epidemic?
:ROFLMAO:

Risks to human interactions? Do you wish us to turn into dehumanized robots to defeat a common cold epidemic?
I imagine early people made such silly arguements when pants and shirts were first adopted.

I imagine early people made such silly arguements when pants and shirts were first adopted.
I'll give a serious answer to a not-very-serious post. The only emotions pants and shirts cover up are erotic ones. There is no particular need for those to be on public display. On the other hand there is a wealth of emotional information given by facial expressions. Why is one of the first milestones we look for in an infant a smile? Would those happen if all the infant saw was a mask? I don't even want to think about that possibility. To my mind, part of the masking drive was to create a visible atmosphere of disaster, of which dehumanization is only part.

Back
Top Bottom