• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pfizer CEO: Recipients of COVID-19 vaccine likely to need 3rd shot in 6 to 12 months

Underestimated

Mansplaining epistemological CRT denier
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
While I hoped the Covid Vaccines would provide a longer lasting and complete protection over a span of years, it seems that is not possible; maybe in the future?

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said:
“A likely scenario is that there will be likely a need for a third dose, somewhere between six and 12 months and then from there, there will be an annual revaccination, but all of that needs to be confirmed.

At this point Pfizer and Moderna are saying the fully vaccinated are protected for up to six months after the second dose, but no solid scientific information is available on the efficacy past that. In 2018-2019 the CDC reported that 49.2% of people 6 months or older in the US got the flu shot. I would expect the same if not a little lower numbers going forward for the Covid shot. I say possibly lower because of how politically devisive Covid injections have become nationally, not just to anti-vaxers but to a wider population possibly due to a perceived higher severity of side effects in some individuals.

I wasn't too surprised by this news. And I have no problem with it. I would expect a similiar situation with the other vaccines as well.

While I hoped the Covid Vaccines would provide a longer lasting and complete protection over a span of years, it seems that is not possible; maybe in the future?

At this point Pfizer and Moderna are saying the fully vaccinated are protected for up to six months after the second dose, but no solid scientific information is available on the efficacy past that. In 2018-2019 the CDC reported that 49.2% of people 6 months or older in the US got the flu shot. I would expect the same if not a little lower numbers going forward for the Covid shot. I say possibly lower because of how politically devisive Covid injections have become nationally, not just to anti-vaxers but to a wider population possibly due to a perceived higher severity of side effects in some individuals.

It must be kept in mind that the announcements of the six month protection number is concurrent with the six months the vaccinations have been in the field. At one year, they may announce a one year efficacy. At two years they might announce a two year efficacy. It is literally based on how susceptible people become over time since they've taken it, and the earliest human trials were done somewhat over six months ago.

Here we go. More goal post movement. This whole Covid thing is not adding up.

To be honest, I expect there to be an annual COVID shot on top of the flu shot.

Here we go. More goal post movement. This whole Covid thing is not adding up.
We’re gonna be locked down and wearing masks forever.

To be honest, I expect there to be an annual COVID shot on top of the flu shot.
Yeah I kinda felt that was going to be the new normal as well, I just wish what we're getting didn't have so many side effects to let us know it's working. There are some (very low amount) of cases where people are having side effects for 30 days from the shots and others who have no side effects at all.

We’re gonna be locked down and wearing masks forever.
If that's the case, then it's not a health issue it's a political issue. I've been reading about Ontario and the over reach they're dealing with in the name of health.

If that's the case, then it's not a health issue it's a political issue. I've been reading about Ontario and the over reach they're dealing with in the name of health.
I think people should be given a vaccinated sticker they can put on their license plate. If the pandemic is still an issue by July then we need to start pulling those without the sticker over. Impound the car and put the people under house arrest until they are vaccinated.

I would highly recommend everyone get their vaccine now or live a life of hell later.

I think people should be given a vaccinated sticker they can put on their license plate. If the pandemic is still an issue by July then we need to start pulling those without the sticker over. Impound the car and put the people under house arrest until they are vaccinated.

I would highly recommend everyone get their vaccine now or live a life of hell later.
Why stop there? Tattoos are more permanent, that way people can be stopped by police, and if they don't have a tattoo for each injection, year over year, they can be removed for society. That'd be a gas.

Back
Top Bottom