• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine could be ready for approval by mid-October -- but there are still 'unknowns'

Metric Mouse

Your hi-top sneakers and your sailor tattoos.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Vaccine by Pfizer-BioNTech could be ready for approval by mid-October -- but there are still 'unknowns' - CNN

Pfizer and BioNTech are confident they can have a vaccine against the novel coronavirus ready for regulatory approval by the middle of October or early November, BioNTech CEO and co-founder Ugur Sahin told CNN Tuesday...

Still, BioNTech and Pfizer were two of nine biopharmaceutical companies to sign an unusual pledge to uphold "high ethical standards," suggesting they won't seek premature government approval for Covid-19 vaccine.

This pledge, released on Tuesday, states: "We, the undersigned biopharmaceutical companies, want to make clear our on-going commitment to developing and testing potential vaccines for COVID-19 in accordance with high ethical standards and sound scientific principles."

Sahin told CNN the companies will quickly get regulatory approval for their vaccine once the candidate is submitted, adding: "I believe, given that we have addressed the full package which is required for vaccine development including scientific studies, pre-clinical studies, safety tolerability testing and efficacy testing, there should not be too much time between emergency use authorization and full approval."

I don't know. I didn't think a vaccine this year was possible, much less 100 million doses by end of year. Hopefully this, or one of the other 34 candidates, is the magic bullet. Crazy to think things could ever return to normal.

Vaccine by Pfizer-BioNTech could be ready for approval by mid-October -- but there are still 'unknowns' - CNN

I don't know. I didn't think a vaccine this year was possible, much less 100 million doses by end of year. Hopefully this, or one of the other 34 candidates, is the magic bullet. Crazy to think things could ever return to normal.

The unknowns require testing tens of thousands of virus infected people of various age and condition and wait for effect that can only, obviously, take more time than can be done by Oct, Nov or Dec and still not ready for effective distribution in Jan, all of which would be record time by many, many months. More Trump misleading/misinformation/disinformation and dishonesty and lying as He leads the ignorant over a cliff and at least confuses many, which is the easiest to do of such a gullible voting pop as we have in America.

The unknowns require testing tens of thousands of virus infected people of various age and condition and wait for effect that can only, obviously, take more time than can be done by Oct, Nov or Dec and still not ready for effective distribution in Jan, all of which would be record time by many, many months. More Trump misleading/misinformation/disinformation and dishonesty and lying as He leads the ignorant over a cliff and at least confuses many, which is the easiest to do of such a gullible voting pop as we have in America.

Thee vaccines are only for people who have not yet contracted the virus. As with most vaccines, it takes about a month to build up immunity after inoculation.

Last edited:

I guess I have to trust the people who are actually creating , studying and producing the vaccine and listen to their timelines and progress reports. If they say it's possible, then maybe it is. It does seem to be progressing at record pace.

As far as production and distribution, I'm assuming that is happening already. I'm sire several million doses of this vaccine, and many others, have already been produced and are waiting for efficacy and safety testing to be completed before they are distributed. No need to wait for clearance to produce a vaccine, just to inject it.

Thee vaccines are only for people who have not yet contracted the virus. As with most vaccines, it takes about a month to build up immunity after inoculation.

These vaccines seem to be developing much faster than I would have ever imagined. Insane if they are effective.

I guess we will have four more years of Trump! He's like a cockroach!

Thanks. My mistake confusing source info regarding infecting people with COVID after vaccination requested by 100 scientists.

I guess I have to trust the people who are actually creating , studying and producing the vaccine and listen to their timelines and progress reports. If they say it's possible, then maybe it is. It does seem to be progressing at record pace.

As far as production and distribution, I'm assuming that is happening already. I'm sire several million doses of this vaccine, and many others, have already been produced and are waiting for efficacy and safety testing to be completed before they are distributed. No need to wait for clearance to produce a vaccine, just to inject it.

Note: I mistakenly said the trial vaccine would be given to those with the disease. It will not. I confused the matter with a point in my source article that included a bit on 100 scientist recommending that some number of those given the vaccine in trial be infected with the disease, as volunteers of course. Nothing like speeding things along in Operation Warp Speed.

Back
Top Bottom