• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pew: Romney 49, Obama 45

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Romney pulling away...Be afraid my left wing friends.....Be verry afraid. :)

Pew: Romney 49, Obama 45 - POLITICO.com

By ALEXANDER BURNS | [h=5]10/8/12 4:10 PM EDT[/h]
After showing President Barack Obama with an 8-point lead in September, the Pew Research Center now finds a deadlocked presidential race among registered voters — and a 4-point Romney lead among those most likely to vote:

LOL... Navy.... Really? You made a whole other thread about a Gallup story postive of Romney's debate performance and then when I show you that Gallup today has Obama back up by 5% you ignore it and surf the net to find a poll you did like and started a whole NEW thread about it. Too damn funny.

This is simply you just spamming the forum with random crap.

LOL... Navy.... Really? You made a post about a Gallup story and then when I show you that Gallup today has Obama back up by 5% you ignore it and surf the net to find a poll you did like. Too damn funny.

Yeah it is funny that Obama was a no show at the debate and is now behind in the polls.:lol: ...

Last edited:
Yeah it is funny that Obama was a no show at the debate and is now behind in the polls.

Not according to Gallup which is the source Navy P was just using. Gallup has Obama up by 5%.

Come on now Born... say it... SAY! IT! I know you want to say how badly Obama is going to get beat next month. I want you in my sig collection. Just say it! Don't pull any punches. Go ALLLLLLL in.

Not according to Gallup which is the source Navy P was just using. Gallup has Obama up by 5%.

No, they don't. That's what the headline said, but it was wrong. As was pointed out in the thread discussing that poll:

Boy, you latch on to whatever you need to in order to feed that confirmation bias, don't you?

This is referring to the same poll as in the OP, and here's the primary source, from Gallup, not some left-wing blog:

Romney Narrows Vote Gap After Historic Debate Win

Note, right at the top:

PRE-DEBATE: Obama 50, Romney 45
POST-DEBATE: Obama 47, Romney 47

This has already been pointed out a couple of times in this thread, but no matter -- you'll see what you want.

You posted in that other thread, where this had been pointed out a few times, before you posted this, so how did you miss that?

LOL... Navy.... Really? You made a whole other thread about a Gallup story postive of Romney's debate performance and then when I show you that Gallup today has Obama back up by 5% you ignore it and surf the net to find a poll you did like and started a whole NEW thread about it. Too damn funny.

lol... your posts are worthless and desperate... what a joke..

Gallup is still taking heat from Holder's Department of JustUs for some imaginary offense, so it's a bit difficult to take their published results as gospel any longer.

Romney pulling away...Be afraid my left wing friends.....Be verry afraid. :)

Pew: Romney 49, Obama 45 - POLITICO.com

By ALEXANDER BURNS | 10/8/12 4:10 PM EDT

After showing President Barack Obama with an 8-point lead in September, the Pew Research Center now finds a deadlocked presidential race among registered voters — and a 4-point Romney lead among those most likely to vote:

So, every time we have a poll that shows Romney in the lead we are blessed with another robo-post from NP (he has a template, so it takes him no time to crank it out). Frankly, as we haven't heard from him in about six weeks, its good to see him surface if, for no other reason, we know he is alive and well.

Well, he should enjoy a nice 7-10 days in the sunlight before he is forced back into his hole.

You could just look at all the polls and see that still, even though a small margin Obama is winning in polls. Other than that: Election 2012 Polling and News, Republican Presidential Candidates, Obama, Interactive Polling Data and Pew Research Center .

I think if there is no change or Romney gets another bump from the next debate, then I will cede that Romney will likely win. Until then let's see what happens. It typically doesn't get close like this in polling so close so let's wait and see.

I personally find the funniest thing here to be the fact that republicans had a sudden change of heart about the legitimacy of polls after Romney got a boost.

From what I've read, the debate gave Romney a bump that essentially eliminates Obama's DNC bump. What I find concerning is that Romney went in front of the public and told us what we wanted to hear. He didn't tell us what he actually intends on doing. Essentially, he spewed a lot of bull **** over the course of the debate. Unfortunately, your typical American is unable to wrap their heads around the specifics of many of these topics. Instead they focus on whose demeanor is more desirable, not the actual substance of their argument. I'm not giving Obama any excuses, I thought that he had a strong hand and played it poorly. Romney sounded more confident and smiled more, but there was very little substance to his argument.

I personally find the funniest thing here to be the fact that republicans had a sudden change of heart about the legitimacy of polls after Romney got a boost.

Want to bet if that if BLS data shows a decline in new jobs they won't have any problem with that?

As said before, the only polls that matter is the one on election day and the one the stripper is dancing on.

So Obama is back up by 5% why? Because of his awesome debate performance? What could possibly cause that? Do you ever meansure anything using common sense?

So Obama is back up by 5% why? Because of his awesome debate performance? What could possibly cause that? Do you ever meansure anything using common sense?

I didn't even say that I believed that poll. I simply used Navy's source. If you got beef take it up with the guy who is cherry picking stories and spamming threads.

lol... your posts are worthless and desperate... what a joke..

Problem is, he's right about the numbers and your post would be considered baiting. Please go read the rules.

Back
Top Bottom