• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pets and Fireworks.....

Tough Love? Thats not going to stop him from shaking inside and out. It is clearly visible when he is going thru this. One can see that he is shaking and that is even with his closest friend holding him and keeping him covered up. Anyways he isn't afraid of sparklers of any size.

The calming pill helped after about an hour he stopped shaking. Then he finally went to sleep. Was up and about when I had to leave for work at 2 this morning. Doing just fine. I usually take him out before I leave and he had no trouble going out then. It was like he knew it was all over now.

Thundershirt. Works in the commercials.

All four of my German Shepherds were scared to death of fireworks...not just the noise, but the odor of the gun powder. It's a tough day for dogs, I'm afraid. I've always liked putting them in a room with a radio and turning it up loud.

We went out for fireworks last night with some friends. Came home at about 930 and normally our Shepherd is just bouncing at the door, waiting for us to get home. She wasn't there, so we started looking for her. Called her and she wasn't coming, checked outside to see if maybe we let her out to go to go to the bathroom and forgot to let her back in. Nothing. Then I went to check my bathroom, and she'd somehow trapped herself inside the bathroom. She's so big - probably 100 pounds - and almost knocked me off my feet when I opened the door. I felt so badly for her. :(

Seems with the 4th.....our Pup is having a hard time with the Fireworks. Same with our Cats. The pup is like shaking non stop and definitely wants to be held and covered up. Pup is like a year and half old. The cats are a little better. They are not so much bothered by the smaller pops and whistles. But now the Big Booms and people using quarter sticks of dynamite does cause them to break for cover.

Vet was like you could give them Benadryl. Then the Pet Store said they had some pills to keep the dog calm. But I don't know if I trust something like that.

Course I had a couple of buddies tell me to just fill the dog bowl up with some beer. Anyone else going thru the same with their pets? What do you do during these days? We already have the windows and doors closed up. But that only muffles very little. I even thought about running my generators just to help with trying to keep the fireworks covered up with some loud noise.

We haven't done anything yet.....and the Pup is hiding under the OL's bed.

My dog has gotten so old and deaf that she doesn't even hear the booms any more. In her younger days, she reacted like most animals. She would be OK as long as I wasn't too far away and had my dog petting hands ready.

There are some compensations to old age, even for dogs.

Those big booms and quarter sticks of dynamite make me want to run for cover as well. Some (bleep!) got hold of sky rockets that have a blast that sets off car alarms and is setting them off, one about 11 p.m., just as I turned out the light and started to relax.

Um - I thought you were married. Let's see what Mrs. Rob has to say about this!

We will never know how many licks it takes to get to the center of that tootsie pop.

Back
Top Bottom