• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pets and cool animal stories

Arlette

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'm not sure if this is the right forum. Anyways, I like to read about people's cats and dogs. I'm an animal lover. All of em. Currently I have a little Maltese named Wittgenstein. He's smart and funny and handsome.

We adopted a puppy mill poodle last year. She was kept in a cage for 8 years. It took her many months to trust us, getting potty trained, accepting a simple touch. She has turned into the best dog ever and loves life.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum. Anyways, I like to read about people's cats and dogs. I'm an animal lover. All of em. Currently I have a little Maltese named Wittgenstein. He's smart and funny and handsome.

On any given day we have as many as half a dozen foster dogs that pass through one of the two rescues on whose Boards I sit.

Today, for our "permanent" pets, we have a Beagle, a Terrier mix, a Boxer, 2 cats (indoor cats) - all rescues. Like you I adore animals. Much more so than I like people.

We adopted a puppy mill poodle last year. She was kept in a cage for 8 years. It took her many months to trust us, getting potty trained, accepting a simple touch. She has turned into the best dog ever and loves life.
Thank you. That put a smile on my face

Years ago we adopted a Basset Hound from a puppy mill. Her life was so horrible that half of one ear was missing because she was in a cage with 4 other females and they were all starving and one of them (at least) chewed her ear off.

Years ago we adopted a Basset Hound from a puppy mill. Her life was so horrible that half of one ear was missing because she was in a cage with 4 other females and they were all starving and one of them (at least) chewed her ear off.
Ours has a deformed chest and is bow legged. She also has been devocalized, not that she cares. The bastids who run these mills are evil creatures.

Ours has a deformed chest and is bow legged. She also has been devocalized, not that she cares. The bastids who run these mills are evil creatures.
Anything for a buck.

This is a bit on the sad side but for those who are not familiar with this type of service...

Our cat, nasty, was 17 and not able to move around much etc. It broke our hearts but we set up an appointment for the vet to come to our house and put her down.

They arrived on time a week later. My daughter visited to say goodbye. They gave her a painless shot in the back of the neck to put her to sleep. They went outside for a few minutes to give us some alone time.

Tears flowed and eventually nasty went to sleep. They came back in and gave her the other shot.

Sad day but ultimately was so much better then taking her to a vet. Much less stressful for cat and owners alike. FYI, the service was about 200 bucks more then taking her to the vet ourselves.

We have since adopted a rambunctious house sprinting 1 year old who is enjoying the life of the super spoiled.

Back
Top Bottom