• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Petition with Over 35,000 signatures to remove ALL air Con from State Dept .[W:52]

Socrates1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
https://www.change.org/p/remove-air-conditioning-from-all-us-state-department-property
Over 35,000 signatures so far calling for the removal of ALL air conditioning from U.S. State Department property after Secretary of State John F. Kerry claimed that air conditioners are a bigger threat than ISIS. Well let’s hope he mounts a far more aggressive battle on air conditioners and refrigerators than the battle waged on ISIS so far .This is the same guy that gave us the Iran deal . :shock:

Re: Petition with Over 35,000 signatures to remove ALL air Conditioners from State De

https://www.change.org/p/remove-air-conditioning-from-all-us-state-department-property
Over 35,000 signatures so far calling for the removal of ALL air conditioning from U.S. State Department property after Secretary of State John F. Kerry claimed that air conditioners are a bigger threat than ISIS. Well let’s hope he mounts a far more aggressive battle on air conditioners and refrigerators than the battle waged on ISIS so far .This is the same guy that gave us the Iran deal . :shock:
Hey, love it, thanks for the link and have already signed the petition.

John Kerry is a super idiot and this declaration of his proves it... see how long they at the State Dept. think a/c is the real problem once they remove them all.

Re: Petition with Over 35,000 signatures to remove ALL air Conditioners from State De

Sounds like a great idea to me. For the children. Air conditioners are more dangerous than ISIS. Lerch (Kerry) even said so.

They can hire Syrian refugees to wave fans instead. ;)

Which shows there are a lot of dumb people out there since he did not in fact say that. John Kerry Didn't Say 'Refrigerators and Air Conditioners Are as Dangerous as ISIS' : snopes.com

Which shows there are a lot of dumb people out there since he did not in fact say that. John Kerry Didn't Say 'Refrigerators and Air Conditioners Are as Dangerous as ISIS' : snopes.com

They are not just dumb, they have such irrational hatred of Obama and his administration they quite readily accept the most absurd comments and claims as being "God's own words"

We - members of the forum - also must note that this thread does not comply with the rules for "Mainstream media"

Im cool with it [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It is lucky for his marriage he didn't say ISIS was as dangerous as Hienz Ketchup.

For the tenth time, John Kerry did not say refrigerators and air conditioners are a bigger threat than ISIS.

What he actually said was that dealing with global warming is just as important as dealing with ISIS. The subject of the day was amending the Montreal Protocol to phase out hydrofluorocarbons which are often used as refrigerants. Not phasing out the refrigerators and air conditioners themselves.

Sounds good, John. We'll cut your a/c and you can fight the good fight on two fronts at the same time.

For the tenth time, John Kerry did not say refrigerators and air conditioners are a bigger threat than ISIS.

What he actually said was that dealing with global warming is just as important as dealing with ISIS. The subject of the day was amending the Montreal Protocol to phase out hydrofluorocarbons which are often used as refrigerants. Not phasing out the refrigerators and air conditioners themselves.

I am deeply involved in the refrigeration industry. Whether or not you agree if they are contributing to global warming or not. It's a fact just in America we have millions of pounds of hydro fluorocarbons in use. They are going about phasing them out in the worst possible way. From my perspective it's more about the big chemical companies getting a pay day than it is about the environment.

The phase out has already begun and they still have not come up with an adequate replacement yet. If this goes wrong it affects a lot more than people's comfort. We are talking about large cities that won't have enough food to feed people because they are too far away from farms to ship food in without refrigeration. Cell phone towers won't work. The internet won't work. Automation in general won't work. They are playing with fire and they are going about it recklessly.

The kicker is that more gas ends up released into the atmosphere doing retrofits than if they would just leave them operational until the equipment needs to be replaced. These are closed systems that have to be opened in order to remove the old and put in the new and accidents happen.

If global warming is real they are accelerating the process while risking our lives.

Just something to think about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:mrgreen::lamo:funny

I am deeply involved in the refrigeration industry. Whether or not you agree if they are contributing to global warming or not. It's a fact just in America we have millions of pounds of hydro fluorocarbons in use. They are going about phasing them out in the worst possible way. From my perspective it's more about the big chemical companies getting a pay day than it is about the environment.

The phase out has already begun and they still have not come up with an adequate replacement yet. If this goes wrong it affects a lot more than people's comfort. We are talking about large cities that won't have enough food to feed people because they are too far away from farms to ship food in without refrigeration. Cell phone towers won't work. The internet won't work. Automation in general won't work. They are playing with fire and they are going about it recklessly.

The kicker is that more gas ends up released into the atmosphere doing retrofits than if they would just leave them operational until the equipment needs to be replaced. These are closed systems that have to be opened in order to remove the old and put in the new and accidents happen.

If global warming is real they are accelerating the process while risking our lives.

Just something to think about

Doom! Doom and destruction! All the refrigerators and air conditioners will fail!!

Give me a break.

Doom! Doom and destruction! All the refrigerators and air conditioners will fail!!

Give me a break.
Your mockery tells me all i need to know about you.

Your mockery tells me all i need to know about you.

Listen, you're claiming the Montreal Protocol will cause the downfall of civilization. If you don't want to be mocked, don't talk like a doomsday prophet.

It's funny. But the meaning is taken out of context.

Its like me saying that more people die every year from falling coconuts than Americans who die from terrorism.
It is a true statement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_coconut

So one might ask, where's the war on coconuts?
Or one might say that coconuts are a larger threat to humanity than ISIS is to America.
This too... is a true statement.

But due to taking things out of context, my statement could easily be used to make fun of me.

You know what... if global warming is being accelerated by man... then Kerry is very clearly correct.
If global warming is a hoax, then Kerry is a joke.
It all comes down to whether global warming is controllable or not and whether or not you give a flying **** about your kids and grandkids.

Listen, you're claiming the Montreal Protocol will cause the downfall of civilization. If you don't want to be mocked, don't talk like a doomsday prophet.

Mock away dude, it's your hang up not mine.

I was only sharing some information for those that it might interest. You apparently are not one of them. I'm guessing your convinced you already know everything about everything so you mock what you don't understand. Hope it all works out for you

I'm all for it. We could save a **** load of money.

Mock away dude, it's your hang up not mine.

I was only sharing some information for those that it might interest. You apparently are not one of them. I'm guessing your convinced you already know everything about everything so you mock what you don't understand. Hope it all works out for you

No, you were sharing ridiculous opinion. You are essentially claiming that all of civililization's cooling capability, and everything that relies on it, will end. This is dumb and wrong. Your opinion is dumb and wrong.

I heard he removed all the A/C buttons from his personal vehicles. He hates air conditioners. I heard he smashes one a night before he goes to bed.

I heard he removed all the A/C buttons from his personal vehicles. He hates air conditioners. I heard he smashes one a night before he goes to bed.

You know, Democrats keep objecting to building a wall on the Mexican border when they themselves live in buildings made of walls.

No, you were sharing ridiculous opinion. You are essentially claiming that all of civililization's cooling capability, and everything that relies on it, will end. This is dumb and wrong. Your opinion is dumb and wrong.

You must be on some good drugs or you need psychiatric help because you ain't rowing with both oars in the water.

I never said what you seem to think I said. What I said was that the Montreal protocol act is messing with a heavily relied on industry in a reckless manner.

Here is the EPAs link explaining it all.
https://www.epa.gov/snap/overview-snap

Because I know you won't understand what it all means I will help you out one time with it.

It says all the current refrigerants in common use today are no longer acceptable and by 2020 they will be illegal to use. The phase out already started this year. The industry however has still not found a suitable replacement.

They are looking at having to reengineer equipment to match new thermodynamic properties and they are considering using flammable liquids like propane because so far they have not been able to create a new refrigerant that's suitable to cool with.

These are facts not opinions. It's a big mess and it's going to be very expensive to fix. Expect everything you consume that counts on refrigeration or air conditioning to go up in price because it's already happening and we are just getting started.

The kicker is the way they are going about it is going to end up releasing more chemicals into the atmosphere than we currently are.

I know what I'm talking about, do you? Maybe if you didn't act like a 4yr old and just listened you might benefit from my knowledge of this particular topic.

You must be on some good drugs or you need psychiatric help because you ain't rowing with both oars in the water.

I never said what you seem to think I said. What I said was that the Montreal protocol act is messing with a heavily relied on industry in a reckless manner.

Ok, so this part was just nonsense, I guess

We are talking about large cities that won't have enough food to feed people because they are too far away from farms to ship food in without refrigeration. Cell phone towers won't work. The internet won't work. Automation in general won't work.

Ok, so this part was just nonsense, I guess
Not nonsense. Those things are dependent on cooling. I was making the point that more things are involved than just comfort cooling.

Back
Top Bottom