• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Petition to change UK passport after Brexit.

PeteEU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Brexit British Passports 'Shouldn't Have French Words', Petition Demands - But It Has One Fatal Flaw

They want to remove EU influence on the British passport and remove all French words.

Now... the problem here is 2 fold.

1) The "French words" on the UK EU passport comes from the Royal Seal of the Queen of the United Kingdom. Yes each country has its own "passport" seal, only the colour is the same across the EU.

2) The word passport... it is French.

And they think Brexit is a good idea... gezz..

Who cares what colourit is? Secondly, they are so anti-European they are willing to basically insult the Queen despite her being the very symbol of Britishness.

LOL.

Let's see the Brexiteers replace café, chic, au fait, et al, faux pas, courgette, entrepreneur, voyeur, née, avant garde, etc. etc. Not to mention Farrage.

well, let's remove any (not just French) foreign influence from the language and revert to the gruntings of cavemen.

Every nation has its share of idiots, why should Britain be different?

honni soit qui mal y pense :lol:

Brexit British Passports 'Shouldn't Have French Words', Petition Demands - But It Has One Fatal Flaw

They want to remove EU influence on the British passport and remove all French words.

Now... the problem here is 2 fold.

1) The "French words" on the UK EU passport comes from the Royal Seal of the Queen of the United Kingdom. Yes each country has its own "passport" seal, only the colour is the same across the EU.

2) The word passport... it is French.

And they think Brexit is a good idea... gezz..

It is French. What do you know. I always assumed it was Latin. Damned Normans.

well, let's remove any (not just French) foreign influence from the language and revert to the gruntings of cavemen.

Every nation has its share of idiots, why should Britain be different?

honni soit qui mal y pense :lol:
Speak English!

I don't think it should be an a priori aim to use British savoir faire to redesign its passports. I'll admit I enjoy the feeling of schadenfreude à propos the Brexiteers' getting their lingerie in a twist over the return of every souvenir of ancien régime bureaucracy.

The nutters seem to think they have carte blanche to treat the referendum as a fait accompli. It's not, even though that might be their idée fixé.

It is French. What do you know. I always assumed it was Latin. Damned Normans.

And where did the Normans come from originally?

Denmark... MUHHHHA blame the Vikings!!

Speak English!

I don't think it should be an a priori aim to use British savoir faire to redesign its passports. I'll admit I enjoy the feeling of schadenfreude à propos the Brexiteers' getting their lingerie in a twist over the return of every souvenir of ancien régime bureaucracy.

The nutters seem to think they have carte blanche to treat the referendum as a fait accompli. It's not, even though that might be their idée fixé.
Well at least they don't have to go in mufti onto any sofa in an alcove to reflect upon their garbled idiocy by "camouflaging" it in alcohol.

To eradicate Arabisms, that is, those having nothing to do with Europe.

And where did the Normans come from originally?

Denmark... MUHHHHA blame the Vikings!!

A couple of months ago at work we had a group of Danes staying. They were good fun and enjoyed a bit of ragging. One kid of about 18 asked me where I was from in England. I said, "The northeast, y'know the Viking bit of England." He replied, "Of course I know. That's the bit my ancestors civilised." Couldn't resist it, I said, "Actually, YOUR ancestors were the Vikings who stayed at home. It was MY ancestors did the civilising!" :lamo

Actually, upon first reading just the title, I was wondering whether this was (would be) about changing the passport by the holder changing nationality.

To one of EU status.

:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom