• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Peter Strzok says he's willing to testify before House Judiciary Committee

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Washington (CNN)Peter Strzok, the FBI agent removed from the Russia probe for sending anti-Trump text messages, is willing to testify before the House Judiciary Committee or any other congressional committee, his lawyer wrote in a letter to the committee on Saturday.

House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte started his committee's process on Friday to issue a subpoena for Strzok to testify as part of the House GOP investigation into the FBI's actions in the 2016 election, two sources familiar with the subpoena told CNN on Friday.

Strzok's lawyer, Aitan Goelman, called Goodlatte's pursuit of a warrant "wholly unnecessary." Goelman wrote in the letter obtained by CNN that his client "has been fully cooperative with the DOJ Office of Inspector General" and "intends to voluntarily appear and testify before your committee and any other Congressional committee that invites him."
Goelman told CNN on Sunday that "Pete is central to this story. We should let the American people see who he really is."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/17/politics/peter-strzok-house-judiciary-committee-testify/index.html

Will this matter? Probably not.

Washington (CNN)Peter Strzok, the FBI agent removed from the Russia probe for sending anti-Trump text messages, is willing to testify before the House Judiciary Committee or any other congressional committee, his lawyer wrote in a letter to the committee on Saturday.

House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte started his committee's process on Friday to issue a subpoena for Strzok to testify as part of the House GOP investigation into the FBI's actions in the 2016 election, two sources familiar with the subpoena told CNN on Friday.

Strzok's lawyer, Aitan Goelman, called Goodlatte's pursuit of a warrant "wholly unnecessary." Goelman wrote in the letter obtained by CNN that his client "has been fully cooperative with the DOJ Office of Inspector General" and "intends to voluntarily appear and testify before your committee and any other Congressional committee that invites him."
Goelman told CNN on Sunday that "Pete is central to this story. We should let the American people see who he really is."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/17/politics/peter-strzok-house-judiciary-committee-testify/index.html

Will this matter? Probably not.

Will it matter to who? Trump fans? No, they hate him and want him hung on the public square. To Mueller? Maybe but probably not.

How many investigations are going on right now? The GOP can't even get their **** together to replace the ACA after promising to do so for how many years. Why are they spinning their wheels with this? Nobody cares anymore, especially since the IG report did nothing to help Trump and his devoted fans make the case that the FBI is the most corrupt organization in the history of the world.

Will it matter to who? Trump fans? No, they hate him and want him hung on the public square. To Mueller? Maybe but probably not.

How many investigations are going on right now? The GOP can't even get their **** together to replace the ACA after promising to do so for how many years. Why are they spinning their wheels with this? Nobody cares anymore, especially since the IG report did nothing to help Trump and his devoted fans make the case that the FBI is the most corrupt organization in the history of the world.

I am all in favor of storzk providing testimony, I want the hearings public so that the truth is there for all to see.

I am all in favor of storzk providing testimony, I want the hearings public so that the truth is there for all to see.

So do I. Whatever the whole truth is, I want it, and the American people deserve this. Let the chips fall, no matter who has to grab an umbrella.

I am as well. Everyone called to testify should have to do so. Including the President. But that wasn't really what I was talking about. I'm asking how many investigations are we going to get into the FBI? The IG's wasn't good enough?

None of that stops the right wing media machine from claiming that the IG report proved that the entire government is out to get Trump.

Hey, did GWB install a Deep State to get rid of Obama? Why not? Did Clinton have a Deep State? Per Trumper logic, every president is entitled to fawning support from anyone working for or with the FedGov.

This is your Repub party on drugs. I'm not going to indulge - it looks like bad medicine.

I miss the Trump supporters who just said, "So what? We don't care." in response to anything dumb, corrupt or hypocritical Trump did. That's better than #butDemocrats and #fakeNews.

I look forward to watching this testimony on TV.

Or will this be one of those hearing kept secret by the Republicans who control the committees and try to keep as many Americans as possible from seeing how the sausage is actually made?

Have they already made a decision that it is far better to attack and demonize Mr. Strzok that it is to actually hear from him where he can offer a defense and show their attacks are baseless and without merit?

So do I. Whatever the whole truth is, I want it, and the American people deserve this. Let the chips fall, no matter who has to grab an umbrella.

I agree. I want the truth. I think most Americans want the truth. Because at this time we can't trust the MSM to portray things fairly because many have exposed themselves to have an agenda.

Did you watch the hearing today of Horowitz and Wray before the Senate Judiciary committee? It was really telling.

The Republicans focused on the report and bias Horowitz revealed among the upper echelon of Comey's FBI and Horowitz in their questioning kept referring to his report where these persons casted doubt on the entire investigation as being legitimate. They were successful in getting Horowitz to admit his claim of no evidence of bias present in the final decision not to charge Clinton meant he did not find any evidence of bias and that the attys who were responsible in making that decision were not part of his scope of the investigation. Both he and Director Wray questioned on several fronts how this investigation was handled.

Many Democrats focused on comments Trump has made and the Mueller investigation neither had anything to do with the scope of this investigation. Not all but several. There were a couple of Democrats who put the partisanship aside and asked solid questions.

Today was a test that separated the truly partisan Congressional hack and those seeking the truth.

But through it all two truths were revealed. Comey is under investigation over his handling of his memos. Horowitz revealed that the FBI has referred this matter to the IG for further investigation

Cruz hammered Wray about McCabe's claims of having emails that prove Comey was aware of his involvement with the media leaking. He asked Wray why haven't they been released if they exist because the Clinton email case is closed. He pointed out McCabe or Comey are lying. Wray claimed he would love to answer his question but there in ongoing investigation that will not allow him to answer at this time/ The conclusion today is McCabe and Comey are in hot water.

And today it was revealed that Grassley wanted to subpoena Comey and others to come before the Senate Judiciary committee and Feinstein refused to back it. You see evidently it takes both the majority and the minority party leadership to agree on a subpoena. Evidently Feinstein would not agree. So the majority asked for Comey and McCabe to appear and Comey refused and McCabe took the 5th.

Back
Top Bottom