• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Peter King 'serious' about exploring run for president

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Peter King 'serious' about exploring run for president

The former chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee said he plans to return to the first-in-the-nation primary state in early September to meet with voters and continue assessing his potential candidacy.
“I’m serious about looking at it and we’ll see[...]"

On Fox News Saturday, King took shots at GOP Sens. Rand Paul and Ted Cruz, two would-be opponents in a potential Republican primary.

In an interview from Ames, Iowa, the real estate mogul questioned whether Cruz's Canadian birth would make him eligible for the White House.

If Hillary decides to run, she'll slaughter them.

DP's Peter King has a better shot at winning, and he doesn't even live in the US

I am no fan of King....I think he makes some solid points, and might be able to give Hillary heartburn on Benghazi, but not sure how he'd stack up as a well rounded candidate....Although this next election is not going to be a cakewalk for demo's, we conservatives really need to get a solid candidate to run.

I will believe King is serious about running when he is still around campaigning in 2015. Until then he is just running his mouth to get money.

How well Paul does depends on how serious people are about civil liberties, if he makes it the focus of his campaign, and how well he is able to sell it. She doesn't have a whole lot to use against him and focusing her attack on his opposition to public accommodations is not going to be nearly as successful as liberals might believe.

Last edited:
I will believe King is serious about running when he is still around campaigning in 2015. Until then he is just running his mouth to get money.

How well Paul does depends on how serious people are about civil liberties, if he makes it the focus of his campaign, and how well he is able to sell it. She doesn't have a whole lot to use against him and focusing her attack on his opposition to public accommodations is not going to be nearly as successful as liberals might believe.

Hopefully he can find a way to tone his fathers extremists down a bit, and find a way to get along...

Back
Top Bottom