• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pete Davidson Considers Killing Himself on Social Media

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The pitfalls and consequences of social media are being displayed right now in NY as celebrities and comedians rush out to save their beloved Pete Davidson who seemed to gather a number of online social media trolls thanks to his short-lived relationship with "dream" girl Ariana Grande. Thousands of people who didn't know anything about their relationship were blaming him for messing it up and telling him to commit suicide. He achieved pinnacle success for nerds, geeks, and uglies and losers everywhere. He got the girl. Almost no criticism went to Grande who just released a new hit single based on their relationship. Who knows what "Thank u, Next," did to his mindset. Following its release, the video broke the record for most-watched music video in YouTube history within 24 hours, officially achieving 55.4 million views.

Friends are trying to reach Davidson and apparently Grande is at SNL trying to talk to him. Apparently Davidson has deleted his instagram and has turned off his phone... Story developing...

Q: How liable is twitter for the death of Davidson? I wonder if his family could sue if he commits suicide.

Pete Davidson Posts Unsettling Message, Deletes Instagram

https://www.tmz.com/2018/12/15/pete...arming-dont-want-to-be-on-this-earth-anymore/

Last edited:
Who is Pete Davidson?

Edit: this is more statement than question.........

This is not a general political discussion...

Isn't this typical for internet trolls?
Boaty McBoatface was no accident. Colbert has used this phenomenon to similar effect back in his Colbert Report days.
Pushing people for suicide is a favorite, they smell blood, they crack themselves up in encouraging it.
Some of the worst aspects of the SJW stem from this sort of behavior.
Same reason we end up with troll politicians when they actually run for office. They ENERGIZE! people's bored minds, they want drama.

Isn't this typical for internet trolls?
Boaty McBoatface was no accident. Colbert has used this phenomenon to similar effect back in his Colbert Report days.
Pushing people for suicide is a favorite, they smell blood, they crack themselves up in encouraging it.
Some of the worst aspects of the SJW stem from this sort of behavior.
Same reason we end up with troll politicians when they actually run for office. They ENERGIZE! people's bored minds, they want drama.

Yeah but this is like stuff that used to be restricted to dark web law and order scripts. We are watching this guy consider suicide in real time.

Twitter is no place for somebody going through an emotional or psychological crisis.

The only thing worse than "Social Media" is people turning to Social Media for some sort of support in times of need.

Everybody can get needy at times. Personally I think the last few generations being the most overmedicated in the history of this country has not really panned out like the pharmaceutical companies had hoped. Again IMO, the degree to which they have underperformed to their promise makes Obama's "You can keep your doctor" look like a mere trifle.

I know I have mentioned this before. We in America have gone through a mass metamorphosis in this particular area. 18th Century Americans imbibed much much more before and after the Revolution than we do today. In fact you could make the case that many if not most were in some state of what we would consider inebriated just about every waking moment. Now to be sure even "inebriated" then does not have the same implications it has today. Though not sloppy drunk for the most part, they pretty much had some "system" working every waking moment. We on the other hand are overmedicated beyond all sensibility.

I know a little bit about the 18th Century American as there were particular times in my career in business that virtually demanded that I learn how to drink essentially straight liquor all day long without getting what we would call drunk. A continual string of "meetings" with different client's all day long where you are as a Marketeer expected to entertain can turn into a heck of a chore. A new bunch of clients would show up stone cold sober or close to it but they are your fourth round of clients that day! I am absolutely sure I am not the only one at this site that simply had no choice.

At any rate, I don't wonder if trading all of these meds against the warmth of a good straight bourbon has not worked out quite as anticipated. That said, I always wondered how often Hit and Run by Oxcart occurred in 18th Century America.

Back
Top Bottom