• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pet Peeves--what are yours?

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I have lots of them, but here are some of mine:

(1) people who snap their gum
(2) smokers
(3) people who get lose and loose mixed up. You lose an election. Your pants are too loose.
(4) people who don't say excuse me
(3) people who spell definitely with an "a" (definately)

I know some of these are petty. Regarding spelling--I notice everyone's spelling. I cannot help it.

List some of yours.

I only have one:

The idiot drivers on our highways.:blastem:

Old and wise said:
I only have one:

The idiot drivers on our highways.:blastem:

Oh, I so agree. Why do all these people think that they own the road? Why is everyone in such a hurry?

I live in the DC area--I despise the drivers here. I went on vacation for 2 weeks in Oregon and drove throughout the state. The drivers there are so much more polite. I loved driving there.

aps said:
(1) people who snap their gum
Doesn't make the same sound as your fingers...
aps said:
(2) smokers
I'd respond, but I'm out of breath...
aps said:
(3) people who get lose and loose mixed up. You lose an election. Your pants are too loose.
There have been many situations where I "lose my pants"...
aps said:
(4) people who don't say excuse me
Excuse me?!?!?!?
aps said:
(3) people who spell definitely with an "a" (definately)
ummmm...EXACTLY...

cnredd said:
Doesn't make the same sound as your fingers...
I'd respond, but I'm out of breath...
There have been many situations where I "lose my pants"...
Excuse me?!?!?!?
ummmm...EXACTLY...

Hmmm, do you have any pet peeve to add, cnredd?

aps said:
Hmmm, do you have any pet peeve to add, cnredd?
People who care whether or not Brad & Jenn broke up or what Paris is wearing...

People who inject their "cause" into every conversation...

"The German culture...blah, blah, blah..."
"As a black man...blah, blah, blah..."
"Well, God said in the Bible...blah, blah, blah..."

I can understand if it's part of the topic...I hate it when it comes from left field...

People who are too impatient...When the light turned green, I sneezed...No reason to honk at me cause I've wasted 2.3 seconds of your life...

1) Elderly drivers blocking off the road
2) The same commercial for the 5000th time
3) People that touch or move my stuff without telling me
4) Having to rake these damn leaves again:flame: Do that to my yard, so I won't have to rake anymore :roll:

People who use IMspeak all the time! "U noes?" (damn, that was hard!)
Drivers on the cell phones. hang the phone up and DRIVE
Forum users who don't check themselves. I can't take you seriously if you spell every other word wrong. Sorry, taught English, it's a major point of contention.
Strangers who whine. Sorry, pal, got my own problems. I came to shop, not be your psychologist.
Parents who let their kids run loose in stores, restaurant, etc. I am so tempted to stick my leg out and let them hit the floor. I actually saw a toddler take off down the mall and Mom was totally oblivious. I just watched, but I could have scooped the kid up and been halfway to my car by the time she noticed.
Pounding basstones coming up the road Yea, nice speakers, Jerkweed.

Oh my gosh, these are all great. Keep 'em coming!

Stuck behind the slowest cars on the road:
  • Driven by Asians
  • Driven by the elderly
  • Anyone that drives a Volkswagon bus
Bullshit Christians:
  • You know who you are
Commercials:
  • F_cking TV commercials
  • F_cking radio commercials
  • F_cking billboards
  • F_cking salesmen
cnredd, gps_flex, rightNYU, skilmatic, turtledude, gordontravels, stu ghatze, ak_conservative, m16 shooter, etc...
  • reasons are obvious
  • people completely incapable of putting the shoe on the other foot (Note: If you disagree, post the proof. Anything less is pure bullshit)
neo-conservatives:
  • hypocritical, self-rightous bastards
  • anti-American policies
  • dumb
  • arrogant assholes
  • a cancer to society
  • turning the US into a third world nation
Corporatism:
  • Big government
  • Big business
  • Big religion
  • The war machine

It's break time. I'm just getting warmed up!

galenrox said:
some of you may have realized this, but mine is people making me feel patronized. I go into a blind rage, I nearly disowned my sister over the summer when I thought she was patronizing me. I nearly killed a kid over it once, he patronized me about how my car was messy, dragged him out of it and strangled him till he passed out, and then left him there (it's cool, it was like a block from my house, when he came to it wasn't a far walk)
And you are not in jail? or wearing the coat with the extra long sleeves? Going into a blind rage over trivial issues is a ticket to some kind of institution, eventually. Or better yet, meeting up with someone who is bigger and meaner than you, and getting your butt kicked to within an inch of your life.
Of course, the possibilitly exists that you are exaggerating, or lying.
I'm sorry, was any of that patronizing? Or do you even know what it means?

People who say "a million and a half dollars" when they mean one and a half million. The difference is $499,999.50.:lol:

Tweakers (I hate Tweakers):
  • People that get up every morning and say, "Hmmmm, who can I scam today?"
  • People that say more than once a year, "I just got out..."
  • People that drop by and never leave
  • People that do auto mechanics at 2am in the morning
  • People over 40 that ride bikes instead of driving cars
  • People that have a bicycle with a flashlight duck-taped to the handlebars
  • People that think a job is, "I know this guy that has some work..."
  • People that say, "Hey buddy" with the one hand, while stabbing you in the back with the other.
  • People that go "Trashing", instead of shopping.
  • People that say, "You mind if I crash here for a few days, then things start disappearing"
  • People that are constantly asking if they could borrow, barter, have, see that, use your phone, have you seen _____, can I use your place for my parole address, etc...
  • People that start a story with, "Check it out..."
  • People that never go by their given name, they always use their nickname (ie., skooter, skeeter, sketch, animal, little debbie, suzie Q, sticker, cavepig, etc)

I hate people who bitch whine and moan about things they don't understand.

I have a few, but my current number one peeve:

People who phone at work with some really stupid question at a really busy time, and start with "I'm sorry to call you at this time because I know you're really busy now ..." Aaaarrrggghhh!

Billo_Really said:
Tweakers (I hate Tweakers):
  • People that get up every morning and say, "Hmmmm, who can I scam today?"
  • People that say more than once a year, "I just got out..."
  • People that drop by and never leave
  • People that do auto mechanics at 2am in the morning
  • People over 40 that ride bikes instead of driving cars
  • People that have a bicycle with a flashlight duck-taped to the handlebars
  • People that think a job is, "I know this guy that has some work..."
  • People that say, "Hey buddy" with the one hand, while stabbing you in the back with the other.
  • People that go "Trashing", instead of shopping.
  • People that say, "You mind if I crash here for a few days, then things start disappearing"
  • People that are constantly asking if they could borrow, barter, have, see that, use your phone, have you seen _____, can I use your place for my parole address, etc...
  • People that start a story with, "Check it out..."
  • People that never go by their given name, they always use their nickname (ie., skooter, skeeter, sketch, animal, little debbie, suzie Q, sticker, cavepig, etc)

I'm fukin lovin cavepig, now thats a great nickname....:lol:

* How about people that just stop over to say "HI"......If you want to come by call first.

* Calling me after midnight. Unless your dead or dying nothing you have to say is so important it can't wait till tomorrow.

* Slow fukin drivers, specially in the left lane. If you don't know what pedal makes you go faster then pull off the road and read the book.

* People that refuse to take responsibility for anything. And refuse to let others, they always make excuse for everything. It always seems to be someone elses fault.

* Any guy with green or blue hair. NO you don't look punk, you look stupid.

Elderly drivers blocking off the road
Naw, here the problem seems old people who cannot see/cannot follow traffic rules (turn left from the right hand turning lane!). One day one of them will kill me...

If you ever try to tell an old person that they should do something, they should say:

"What do I care, I'm old, and life imprisonment means NOTHING TO ME!!!

Pet Peeves--what are yours?
I have lots of them, but here are some of mine:

Here are some of mine

1)Mutha ****ers who insist on driving 45 MPH on the highway when the speed limit is 65 MPH.It is because of these little dipshits that traffic gets slowed down.If you want to drive 20 miles under the ****en speed limit stay the **** off the highway,I do not give a **** if the right lane is the slow lane,stay the hell of the highway if you are not going to drive the speed limit.

2)Ass holes who insist on driving over the speed limt you ****ers are a danger to every body on the highway.

3)People who insisted on talking about their favorite sports team as though they are on the team.They say stupid **** like "well this year we might make it to the super bowl", "We" !!,since when was your ass on the team you stupid ****?

4)Moochers.these people **** me the hell off.The welfare recipiants who are fully capable of working but refuse to do so and then have the nerve to have more kids they can not afford to take care of on their own.The bums who refuse to get jobs so they stand on corners all day begging for booze money.

5)Fat people who blame being overwieght on some bull **** desease.Calories in verses calories out,it is that ****en simple.If you are fat it is because you eat too much.

6)People who do not discipline their children.These are the idiots you see on shows like super nanny,Jenny Jones and any of those other shows with problem kids.These Dumb ass parents say "well I just do not beeleave in spanking my children" and you see the audiance either saying "no **** lady" and the other offering their belts for the woman to use on her kids.You proably see these dip **** parents in the stores and their children are running around screaming throwing tantrums and whole list of other things.

* People that decide at the last second "Oh, that's my exit!" and cut across 3 lanes of traffic, causing everyone in all lanes to slam the brakes. This then causes everyone behind them to brake, and traffic ends up backed up for a mile going 10mph on the interstate. All because of one dumbass.

* Children in a restaurant. There should be a law that any establishment selling alcoholic beverages will not allow children under the age of 10 on the premises. I have tried to take the lady of the house out for a quiet dinner and have to listen to your snot-nosed rugrats screaming and crying and I just want to leave right then and there. What gets into people that makes them decide to take a child into a place they have no business bringing them?

* People talking on cell phones while driving. I have seen drunks drive better than these inconsiderate a-holes. I was behind 2 SUVs once, I saw the lead SUV's red brake light through the windhield of the SUV directly in front of me. I braked, but the SUV directly in front of me was driven by a woman on a cell phone who was so distracted, she never even hit her brakes and rear-ended the SUV in front of her. And she jumps out and she is still on the damn phone! My God, do you ever shut up?!

* People walking through a store talking loudly on a cell phone. Or a movie theater. Treat it like it's a cigarette, take it outside people.

ngdawg said:
Drivers on the cell phones. hang the phone up and DRIVE
Yes. Yes. and Yes. Drives me crazy.

One of my pet peeves is people who generally don't pay attention when they're driving. They are just distracted by other things.

Can't say I have any, if I did, I certainly would not make a pet of it.;)

Back
Top Bottom