• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perspectives on Temperature

2020: A Year Of Global Surface Cooling…And Sun Showing Little Activity, Spotless 30 Days
By P Gosselin on 25. September 2020

Our friend “Snowfan” here reports the sun has now gone 30 days without sunspots as we progress into solar cycle 25.
A number of scientists have been warning that the earth may be heading into a cooling phase due to lower sunspot activity over the past 15 years.

Is cooling in the works? Solar activity has been tapering Since 1980. Source: SpaceWeatherLive.
The low sunspot activity comes after a 20th century of high sunspot activity – perhaps a major reason for the strong warming since 1980, a number of atmospheric physicists suggest.
2020: A year of global surface cooling

Source: Global 2m-TA
The GFS forecast of global 2-meter surface temperatures for September 20-27, 2020 (black line) show a new annual low with respect to the WMO 1981-2010 climate mean. This also applies to temperatures in the southern hemisphere (SH, bold blue line). . . .
It really makes me wonder, if we consider the brightening from removing the aerosols,
may have been exceeding the loss from solar activity, but atmosphere can only be so transparent.
At some point the reduced total intensity, could catch up the the clearing skies, and we start cooling.
If this were the case, CO2 may play only a minor role, and the observed warming is simply an artifact
of the brightening and reduced solar intensity pushing against each other.

Almost all total BS that has been debunked numerous times on this forum. My favorite is the part where Anthony Watts presents a data comparison from his peer-reviewed and rejected study without telling anyone it is a rejected study.
Only debunked in the eyes of people incompetent in the sciences.

Only debunked in the eyes of people incompetent in the sciences.
Really? Then why did the folks over at PNAS (I think it was PNAS, if I remember correctly) reject Watts BS study? Do you really think that the editors of a well respected scientific journal are incompetent in the sciences?

Almost all total BS that has been debunked numerous times on this forum. My favorite is the part where Anthony Watts presents a data comparison from his peer-reviewed and rejected study without telling anyone it is a rejected study.
I no longer waste time on haters. Enjoy your weekend.

In Parts Of Japan, Mean Maximum Temperatures May Be More Impacted By Remote Ocean Cycles Than By CO2
By P Gosselin on 26. September 2020

Share this...
Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter
Uwajima-Map.png
By Kirye
and Pierre Gosselin
Today, according to government scientists, CO2 is supposed to be the dominant climate driver, overwhelming all the other power natural forces such as solar variability and oceanic cycles.
Map (right): JMA
Yet when we compare (untampered) datasets, we often find surprising parallels and underlying correlations with these now ignored natural factors, which tell us CO2 isn’t what the activists want us to believe it is and that things are really much messier than the simplistic CO2-temperature correlation. . . .

I no longer waste time on haters.

I am not a hater. I am a stickler for facts and the truth. Oh... and good job on the name-calling. I thought you didn't do that kind of thing. Guess not.

And I no longer plan on wasting time on you either since you have made it clear you have no intention of actually discussing or debating the garbage you cut and paste around here. All I am going to do is point out the lies and misinformation you push and if anyone else wants to discuss it I will gladly engage them. Well... almost anyone.

Enjoy your weekend.

I will. I enjoy debunking denialist lies and misinformation like the kind that comes from people like you.

Did you see yourself referenced by the word "haters?" I'm sorry. Enjoy your weekend.

In Parts Of Japan, Mean Maximum Temperatures May Be More Impacted By Remote Ocean Cycles Than By CO2
By P Gosselin on 26. September 2020

Share this...
Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter
Uwajima-Map.png
By Kirye
and Pierre Gosselin
Today, according to government scientists, CO2 is supposed to be the dominant climate driver, overwhelming all the other power natural forces such as solar variability and oceanic cycles.
Map (right): JMA
Yet when we compare (untampered) datasets, we often find surprising parallels and underlying correlations with these now ignored natural factors, which tell us CO2 isn’t what the activists want us to believe it is and that things are really much messier than the simplistic CO2-temperature correlation. . . .

Most climate scientists say that CO2 is the dominant climate driver for the planet as a whole, not the dominant driver of every single place on the planet including "parts of Japan".

Did you see yourself referenced by the word "haters?" I'm sorry. Enjoy your weekend.

Oh, please... don't pretend you were not calling me a hater. That is just pathetic.

Most climate scientists say that CO2 is the dominant climate driver for the planet as a whole, not the dominant driver of every single place on the planet including "parts of Japan".
Arab proverb: "The dog may bark but the caravan moves on."

Arab proverb: "The dog may bark but the caravan moves on."

Wondering what this proverb means I went and looked it up and found this on Wiktionary:

History (or progress) moves ahead, no matter the criticism it may attract.
Translations
life goes on even if some will try to stop progress
See also
emphasis mine
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/the_dogs_bark,_but_the_caravan_goes_on

So... are you are calling me a hater again?

Enjoy your weekend.

Don't worry, Jack. Every time you run away from a debate like this I enjoy it.

Do you have a list of those several thousand scientists?

IMAGE: Leverett Glacier - SW Greenland Ice Sheet - vast volumes of meltwater and associated carbon and nutrient are exported from ice sheets every year during melt. Credit: Dr Stefan Hoferextreme weather
Coldest Northern Hemisphere temperature, first recorded by UW, officially confirmed
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MADISON Research News MADISON, Wis. — Nearly 30 years after recording a temperature of minus 93.2 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 69.6 Celsius) in Greenland, the measurement has been verified by the World Meteorological Organization as the coldest recorded temperature in the Northern Hemisphere. The measurement was first recorded by a University of Wisconsin-Madison Antarctic…

No. And even if I did what would be the point?
The point is, no such document exists for "thousands" supporting your claim, though there were over 3,000 who signed a document saying the opposite.

The point is, no such document exists for "thousands" supporting your claim, though there were over 3,000 who signed a document saying the opposite.
I don't need any list to know what the majority of climate scientists think. I regularly read their work. If you really read the literature like you claim you do you would know this as well. But you don't really read that much of it... do you?

And how many of those over 3000 denialists are actually practicing or former climate scientists?

I don't need any list to know what the majority of climate scientists think. I regularly read their work. If you really read the literature like you claim you do you would know this as well. But you don't really read that much of it... do you?

And how many of those over 3000 denialists are actually practicing or former climate scientists?
LOL...

You "know" what the majority thinks.

LOL...

LOL...

LOL...

OK Carnac

You "know" what the majority thinks.

OK Carnac

I see you are still in denial concerning the numerous studies that have assessed what most climate scientists think about AGW.

Not surprised.

Now... if you want to show that I am wrong them provide some evidence that I am. But remember... I said the majority, as in more than 50%, not 97%. So attacking Cook's 97% is not going to work here.

Is there no video option?

Anyway:

Back
Top Bottom