• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Persistence hunting and transgender males competing as female

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have pointed out there are there 3 bone structure reasons why genetic men have an inherent advantage over women in many areas of athletics. 1. Males have longer legs per their height, 2.) Males are more areodynamic than females due to narrower hips and 3.) accordingly men have a higher center of gravity.

However, another relevant difference is males burn calories faster, which females burn calories more efficiently. In addition, men are sweatier than females - giving men better body cooling ability but females require less water (better water retention.

This is due to genetic evolution. Men evolved to be persistence hunters, while females evolution focused on child bearing and care.

Humans are mostly hairless, really sweaty smelly animals. While not particularly fast compared to many animals, particularly 4 legged animals, humans have a high leg length/weight ratio to their overall body weight and height. What this means is that - particularly if acting collectively - humans can run down - literally wear down to total exhaustion - almost any prey. Why? The hairy prey with less cooling ability (sweating) causes the animal to overheat to the point of exhaustion.

This is called "persistence hunting."

Humans are the only surviving primate species that practices persistence hunting. In addition to a capacity for endurance running, human hunters have comparatively little hair, which makes sweating an effective means of cooling the body.[1] Meanwhile, ungulates and other mammals may need to pant to cool down enough,[1] which also means that they must slow down if not remain still.[2]

Persistence hunting is believed to have been one of the earliest hunting strategies used by humans.

The males, with their long legs, ran/jogged/walked in pursuit of prey for hour after hour until the prey can't go on anymore. True fit joggers can go almost forever as the nature of our species. Mean while, the females with low center of gravity are more suited for the awkwardness of pregnancy, wider hips (areodynamic drag) for better birthing survival rate, and requiring less food and water - required for 2 during pregnancy and being dependent upon whatever food the males bring back they don't first eat themselves.

Male are evolved to persistence hunt - which also implies more evolved to fight. Females are evolved to produce offspring and to be efficient users of food and water for themselves and, accordingly, also the children. Claiming there is no difference in physical performance ability - other than hormones - is a denial of science and denial of the completely known inherent and evolved physical differences between the two sexes. A person's psychological frame of mind ("gender") is 100% irrelevant.

In the transgender talks, the physiology - other than hormones - is deliberately ignored - when athletics is all about physiology. Longer leg ratio, sleeker body, higher metabolic rates, less water retention, better sweat cooling, all inherently means a male is faster and with greater endurance than females in physical activities, while if weighing the same and having the same amount of food and water, the males would all die of thirst or starvation before the females.

To deny these realities of evolution is true science denial and the denial of evolution. It also is denial of the obvious.

Anyway, I found the concept of persistence hunting interesting. It isn't the fastest or strongest that wins, it is the one that can endure continuous physical exertion the longest. Just wear the massive beast down until it literally can't function.

I have pointed out there are there 3 bone structure reasons why genetic men have an inherent advantage over women in many areas of athletics. 1. Males have longer legs per their height, 2.) Males are more areodynamic than females due to narrower hips and 3.) accordingly men have a higher center of gravity.

However, another relevant difference is males burn calories faster, which females burn calories more efficiently. In addition, men are sweatier than females - giving men better body cooling ability but females require less water (better water retention.

This is due to genetic evolution. Men evolved to be persistence hunters, while females evolution focused on child bearing and care.

Humans are mostly hairless, really sweaty smelly animals. While not particularly fast compared to many animals, particularly 4 legged animals, humans have a high leg length/weight ratio to their overall body weight and height. What this means is that - particularly if acting collectively - humans can run down - literally wear down to total exhaustion - almost any prey. Why? The hairy prey with less cooling ability (sweating) causes the animal to overheat to the point of exhaustion.

Humans are the only surviving primate species that practices persistence hunting. In addition to a capacity for endurance running, human hunters have comparatively little hair, which makes sweating an effective means of cooling the body.[1] Meanwhile, ungulates and other mammals may need to pant to cool down enough,[1] which also means that they must slow down if not remain still.[2]

Persistence hunting is believed to have been one of the earliest hunting strategies used by humans.

The males, with their long legs, ran/jogged/walked in pursuit of prey for hour after hour until the prey can't go on anymore. True fit joggers can go almost forever as the nature of our species. Mean while, the females with low center of gravity are more suited for the awkwardness of pregnancy, wider hips (areodynamic drag) for better birthing survival rate, and requiring less food and water - required for 2 during pregnancy and being dependent upon whatever food the males bring back they don't first eat themselves.

Male are evolved to persistence hunt - which also implies more evolved to fight. Females are evolved to produce offspring and to be efficient users of food and water for themselves and, accordingly, also the children. Claiming there is no difference in physical performance ability - other than hormones - is a denial of science and denial of the completely known inherent and evolved physical differences between the two sexes. A person's psychological frame of mind ("gender") is 100% irrelevant.

In the transgender talks, the physiology - other than hormones - is deliberately ignored - when athletics is all about physiology. Longer leg ratio, sleeker body, higher metabolic rates, less water retention, better sweat cooling, all inherently means a male is faster and with greater endurance than females in physical activities, while if weighing the same and having the same amount of food and water, the males would all die of thirst or starvation before the females.

To deny these realities of evolution is true science denial and the denial of evolution. It also is denial of the obvious.

Anyway, I found the concept of persistence hunting interesting. It isn't the fastest or strongest that wins, it is the one that can endure continuous physical exertion the longest. Just wear the massive beast down until it literally can't function.

All this angst over other people’s lives.

Good post. Those who refuse to admit that trans woman have an advantage over biological women in most sports are ignoring science. And those who say that by just stating that I am female changes my sex are just ridiculous.

Persistence hunting and transgender males competing as female
FYI Transgender males . . . . .are biological females
. . . helps to be accurate

i didn't read your post cause it probably has nothing of value in it as usual

Im ok with SCIENCE determining whats fair for any sports tied to scholastics, education etc . . just like science already does for Olympics and other things. I think in that regard its important to not give unfair advantages.

But since im not a scientist and im ignorant of the subject, seems to me there are INDIVIDUALS that are safe to compete and there are INDIVIDUALS that are not safe to compete .. .science can decide and im ok with that. I have zero interest in anybodys feelings or arguments etc. Ill wait for science 🤷‍♂️

as far as other sports . . well those things are controlled by private orgs so I guess it would be up to them and the people that choose to compete in those sports . .. .

Funny, my perception is that women have longer legs compared to height.
I'm 6'6" and change and have a 34" inseam. My wife is 8" shorter than me and has the same length legs. She was a seamstress too, years ago, and she knows that women have longer legs.
But there's lots of other reasons why men are more athletic. Lots of reasons. Muscle mass, for example, and lung capacity. Women's Olympic track and field records are about the same as high school boys national championship numbers.

I'm 6'6" and change and have a 34" inseam. My wife is 8" shorter than me and has the same length legs. She was a seamstress too, years ago, and she knows that women have longer legs.
But there's lots of other reasons why men are more athletic. Lots of reasons. Muscle mass, for example, and lung capacity. Women's Olympic track and field records are about the same as high school boys national championship numbers.

I really have no info, but found this interesting.. and figured i would do a search to see if it is accurate. I really was just curious. If i'm wrong, please correct me.

Anyway, it seems men do have longer legs - which is what i had assumed:

Leg Length, Body Proportion, and Health: A Review with a Note on Beauty (nih.gov)

Species​
Intermembral Index​
Humerofemoral Index​
Human (male)​
69.7​
71.4​
Human (female)​
68.5​
69.8​
Chimpanzee (male)​
108.0​
101.1​
Chimpanzee (female)​
109.4​
102​
Bonobo (male & female)​
102.2​
98.0​

FYI Transgender males . . . . .are biological females
. . . helps to be accurate

Nope, not even close. The true scientific measure of male and female are the sex chromosomes. If you are XX you are female, if XY you are a male. That is the science of it. Just because someone "thinks" that they are another sex doesn't make it so.

If you want to say that sex and gender are two separate things, then your argument that some people are one sex, but another gender can make sense. But when we talk about biological sex, that has been scientifically proven to be caused by the sex chromosomes a person has.

I'm 5'5" and half of that is legs. I wear the same length pants my husband does, and he's 5'9". Some women have short legs, but its wrong to say 'women have shorter legs'.

Nope, not even close. The true scientific measure of male and female are the sex chromosomes. If you are XX you are female, if XY you are a male. That is the science of it. Just because someone "thinks" that they are another sex doesn't make it so.

If you want to say that sex and gender are two separate things, then your argument that some people are one sex, but another gender can make sense. But when we talk about biological sex, that has been scientifically proven to be caused by the sex chromosomes a person has.

?????? what did you post above that you think has anything to do with my post and impacts it in any way
what are you deeming not even close LMAO

There is a simple test. Both you and her stand back to the wall with an ordinary folding chair or typical dining room chair in front of each of you.

Both of you have your heels and buttocks against the wall. Now, keeping your heels and buttocks against the wall - see which of you can lean over and pick up the chair in front of you - while keeping your heels and buttocks against the wall. In nearly all instances she can - and you can't - because she has a lower center of gravity. This isn't a strength contest. It is a center of balance question. Leg length to height is part of that, the other being women's wider hips (birthing canal.)

^ Give it a try. Fun thing to do and then talk about. Maybe you two are an exception to the rule. I've never seen that, though.

Better source: The reality is that adult female legs are on average proportionally shorter than those of men. See, for example, this detailed 1977 U.S. Army study comparing body proportions in adults by gender.
https://biology.stackexchange.com/q...-have-longer-legs-and-shorter-torsos-than-men

Men will have a longer inseam because men have testicles and women do not. Men do NOT like pants pulled up into their crotch and nuts. Women tend to not like baggy pants - only some types of baggy slacks.

Just so when can get this out of the way

Sex =/= gender
A transgender man is somebody born biologically a female and transgendered into a male
A transgender female is somebody born biologically a male and transgendered into a female

and again my stances on "sports" participation

Im ok with SCIENCE determining whats fair for any sports tied to scholastics, education etc . . just like science already does for Olympics and other things. I think in that regard its important to not give unfair advantages.

But since I'm not a scientist and im ignorant of the subject, seems to me there are INDIVIDUALS that are safe to compete and there are INDIVIDUALS that are not safe to compete .. .science can decide and I'm ok with that. I have zero interest in anybody's feelings or arguments etc. Ill wait for science 🤷‍♂️

as far as other sports . . well those things are controlled by private orgs so I guess it would be up to them and the people that choose to compete in those sports . .. .

Trans Girls Belong on Girls’ Sports Teams There is no scientific case for excluding them

"Policies permitting transgender athletes to play on teams that match their gender identity are not new. The Olympics have had trans-inclusive policies since 2004, but a single openly transgender athlete has yet to even qualify. California passed a law in 2013 that allows trans youth to compete on the team that matches their gender identity; there have been no issues. U SPORTS, Canada’s equivalent to the U.S.’s National Collegiate Athletic Association, has allowed transgender athletes to compete with the team that matches their identity for the past two years.

The notion of transgender girls having an unfair advantage comes from the idea that testosterone causes physical changes such as an increase in muscle mass. But transgender girls are not the only girls with high testosterone levels. An estimated 10 percent of women have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which results in elevated testosterone levels. They are not banned from female sports. Transgender girls on puberty blockers, on the other hand, have negligible testosterone levels. Yet these state bills would force them to play with the boys. Plus, the athletic advantage conferred by testosterone is equivocal. As Katrina Karkazis, a senior visiting fellow and expert on testosterone and bioethics at Yale University explains, “Studies of testosterone levels in athletes do not show any clear, consistent relationship between testosterone and athletic performance. Sometimes testosterone is associated with better performance, but other studies show weak links or no links. And yet others show testosterone is associated with worse performance.” The bills’ premises lack scientific validity.

Claiming that transgender girls have an unfair advantage in sports also neglects the fact that these kids have the deck stacked against them in nearly every other way imaginable. They suffer from higher rates of bullying, anxiety and depression—all of which make it more difficult for them to train and compete. They also have higher rates of homelessness and poverty because of common experiences of family rejection. This is likely a major driver of why we see so few transgender athletes in collegiate sports and none in the Olympics."

Interesting points.

How are sports more than fun and games?

People take them too seriously. Especially since it involves a group of marginalized people who have enough serious issues to contend with.

There is a simple test. Both you and her stand back to the wall with an ordinary folding chair or typical dining room chair in front of each of you.

Both of you have your heels and buttocks against the wall. Now, keeping your heels and buttocks against the wall - see which of you can lean over and pick up the chair in front of you - while keeping your heels and buttocks against the wall. In nearly all instances she can - and you can't - because she has a lower center of gravity. This isn't a strength contest. It is a center of balance question. Leg length to height is part of that, the other being women's wider hips (birthing canal.)

^ Give it a try. Fun thing to do and then talk about. Maybe you two are an exception to the rule. I've never seen that, though.

Better source: The reality is that adult female legs are on average proportionally shorter than those of men. See, for example, this detailed 1977 U.S. Army study comparing body proportions in adults by gender.
https://biology.stackexchange.com/q...-have-longer-legs-and-shorter-torsos-than-men

Men will have a longer inseam because men have testicles and women do not. Men do NOT like pants pulled up into their crotch and nuts. Women tend to not like baggy pants - only some types of baggy slacks.
Okay, it seems my perception is wrong. Generally, anyway. My height is all in my back so maybe I assume that's how men are. Also lots of women seem to be all legs but that might be a perception thing too.

Back
Top Bottom